Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - January Challenge!! Take 2!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Not too much action on here!

As far as today goes I was going to take the night off from working out but I did manage to get a nice brisk walk 2.5 miles in there better than nothing I guess and hoping my planned run for tomorrow is not too torturous! Have a busy day ahead! Planning on an early run before work shooting for 6 miles tempo run so we'll see how that pans out, then work, then plan on meeting with a friend for hot cocoa since it's been almost 11 weeks without coffee woohoo! Then getting a mani/pedi alone and have a ladies night planned, definitely overdue for one it's been over 6 weeks!! Thats it for me ladies until tomorrow hope you'll have a great Friday!! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Abby- Hoping the week got less emotionally taxing for you! And I totally understand about feeling like crap you want to eat crap ! It's so hard some days.

Cynthia- Love mani/pedi nights! Have a good time with the girls, you certainly deserve it ;)

Meag- you might not see this lol but totally understand! Take your time and we will be here for you always!

AFM: Quick post tonight. Today was probably the "worst" (and even then its better than how I had been eating) food day since I started this insanity journey at the beginning of the month. I am not sure what happened, but essentially I waited too late too eat and I splurged at dinner, 1/4 daquiri (mostly cause it was ssooo strong! I am a strange 21 year old, I don't like strong drinks lol at all, I would rather send it back and ask for less alcohol then drink it just to drink it), grilled chicken sandwhich with fries. Not my best, but I am living with it and telling myself I will do 10x better tomorrow. I finally have an enitre weekend off! I am not driving anywhere, I am not working, I am sitting in my apartment and catching up/getting ahead in all my school work. We tech for the spring show in 3 weeks? yeah...and I am FLIPPING OUT! There is so much to do in those 3 weeks. meeehhh. Anywho, everyone have a great weekend and I will post again probs on sunday.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - We totally understand....we will miss you, but take of yourself first!!!

Cynthia - Thats awesome that you can do 17 push-ups in a minute!!! I still can barely make 10 of non-modified type!!! And your right for listening to your body and taking an extra rest day if needed. I had to do the same thing this week. I changed my workout schedule and did hills on wednesday...still hurt on friday which is supposed to be my long run day, so I skipped that and rested again. I am getting the long run in today!! Great job on quiting coffee!! Its so hard....I quit back in November, but I have cheated twice since...on really cold days when I couldnt resist!! But I am trying hard not to anymore!

Meg - Sorry your having a bad food week!! I feel ya!! As you know I did the same thing this week!! But as everyone reminded me, we cant be perfect everyday!! Just do the best you can and get back on track tomorrow!! Super exciting that you have a whole weekend off!! I love it when you nothing planned and can just relax!! Hope you enjoy it!!

AFM - Sorry I have been a little MIA this week, but I think I am out of my funk now!!! I ran hills on wednesday and felt like I could barely walk on Thursday, which was my rest day anyways!! But still hurt friday so I took another day off....feeling better today and heading out shortly to get in my long run. I made some Protein Brownie-Batter pancakes this morning, which tasted great but were really dense...not sure how to correct that problem, I am not the best with baking!!!! But maybe one of you bakers in here can give me some advice!! I am also off all weekend...finally!! Looking forward to some R&R and then some cleaning...my entire house is a disaster zone!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad to see you all doing well. Things have been super stressful around my house but I'm doing well to not stress eat and keep myself on track. I made my goal of doing all 30 minutes of my cardio scuplt DVD. It was a great workout. I've also added going to the gym twice a week. So far in January I've lost 4 inches from my hips and 2 from my waist and all my jeans fit better. I'm also down 9lbs so close to the 10lbs milestone I am hoping for this month! I think the weight is dropping of because I've totally given up soda, and my most of the white carbs. I'm hoping February will be just as successful!

My February Goals:
    Cassi_Eats_Apples: Loose 5 more pounds. And Work out at least 4 days a week every week.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, haven't been around much to post thanks to school.

Went on a date today, and it went much better then expected. We clicked well, and he seemed to be into fitness himself. We walked for awhile, and then had lunch today. Had a ham and cheese sandwich.. And we split a cheesecake. Shame on me (all his idea.)

Going to work it off tonight at the gym. I've held to my goal this month of going to the gym four times a week. It's been a struggle sometimes, but I feel better about running and strength overall. Going to try for the same goal next month - Should be able to happen.

Abby - Welcome back to the fray. For the density.. Have you tried whipping them longer? Or using a whisk? Perhaps if you add more air by doing one of the two things, you may get a fluffier result. Have fun cleaning.

Cynthia- 6 mile tempo.. Whoo. You certainly are an inspiration. Kick some butt, and enjoy your cocoa afterwards.

Meg- Look at it this way.. You didn't go one pound hamburger. You know that tomorrow you're getting right back on the saddle, and aren't giving up. Good luck with the projects.

Meag- Completely understandable. Life can get crazy when least expected, and internet duties can muck it up even further. Here's to things getting less hectic soon.

Cassie- Glad to see you're measuring. The scale can be an evil thing.. You can't tell fat percentage from lean mass. Measuring is a bit more accurate in that right. Keep up the kickass work.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I haven't been around since I left for Miami. The girls weekend was amazing, but then I came back to a massive amount of work. I worked 22.5 hours in just 2 days after returning- not fun! I have a huge presentation on Monday that involves the CEO, COO, and CFO among lots of other top executives. A great opportunity for me, but stressful because the presentation hsa been relient on other people as well. But today it is going down to the print shop and then its just prep. Now I just have to be patient and get through the presentation! I hope you ladies had a fantastic January and I can't wait to see everyone's goals in Feb!

Megan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I have been MIA but trying to read along with all of your posts. I am going to do my best to catch up but I’m extremely sorry if I happen to miss anyone!!

Cynthia – I am not a runner by any means but have always wanted to run in the rain!! Perhaps its like you said, something freeing about it!! I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is but I hope to experience it one day!! How did your homemade granola bars turn out? I found a recipe for some in a magazine and want to try making them for my kiddos! Just waiting to get moved into a place where I feel more comfortable in the kitchen.

Abby – I wish I had the motivation to get up and do my workouts in the morning!! It is such a great feeling when you get your blood flowing like that in the morning. However, I am not a morning person by any means.

Lindz – congratulations on sticking with it girly!! I am the exact same way. Life too easily gets in my way and I let that change my routines far too easily. However, I am moving next weekend and should be in a much better place. The plan is to establish a new routine. I will no longer have the excuses that I have been using for so long. My ultimate goal is to plan out my food for the week and stick to my workouts, at least 3 days per week.

Emily – love that New Year’s resolution!! I am not a fan of resolutions because I feel that they are made to be broken but I decided that my resolution this year is to re-connect with friends from my past...you know the ones that you always say you need to hang out with and they say the same thing but the plans never get made. Well I’m making it a point this year to finally make those plans. I have committed to do a mud run on March 31st. So looks like we will be kinda running together. Definitely a tough question about Bachelor #1 but I would say that you should never settle for less than what you want and deserve. Don’t force something that is not there.

Nikki – welcome to the group!! I am right there with you when it comes to sticking to it!! I say we should partner up and hold each other accountable for February. What do you think?? I am horrible at sticking to my word and need to change that.

Meghan – imagine what you would have done to yourself if you were eating like that and NOT doing Insanity? One bad day isn’t gonna change things for you. You know what you want and what it takes to get there so I have faith that you will see it as just a bad “day” and continue on your journey unharmed!!

Emily (moocha) – your date still sounds lovely...including the cheesecake!! I hope that its the beginning of something good for you!!

Megan – glad to hear that your trip to Miami was great!! Hopefully you are still getting plenty of rest despite all of the stuff going on at work!!

AFM...I have been busy pretty much since I got back from my cruise last weekend. I am moving this weekend so I have been busy packing up all of our stuff. I will be so excited to get into our new place. Its going to cut my commute time in half and I will no longer to be able to use that as an excuse. We will also be just around the corner from the gym. Food hasn’t been the greatest because I am trying to eat up what I have in the house so that I don’t have to move it. But that just means that when I grocery shopping for the new house, we will have nothing but good choices.

Saturday at church we had a women’s event and it was soooo life changing. It was basically talking about how we should be defining ourselves. Things are definitely changing in my life. I have sworn off dating for 2012 so that I can focus on me, becoming a better mom, a better friend, and a better person. I fear that I may lose friends because boys are no longer the center of my life but I am willing to take that risk.

Well Lovelies...I hope that you are able to finish out January strong!!

Quote of the day - "You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." -Michael Jordan
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Been a few days! wasn't feeling to hot this weekend and yesterday i NEEDED sleep!

Meg My mani/pedi was great just me myself and I. Don't beat yourself up too much on your food choices they don't sound horrible besides you had 1/4 of the daiquiri Im sure that would've been killer right there so kudos to you! Not strange @ all btw!! :wink: Hang in there for the spring show and glad you got to catch up on HW this weekend! very important!

Abby Great to hear that you are out f that funk i feel Im in one now lol but thats life... As far as the protein brownies pancake batter I would maybe add a bit more egg whites or if you beat the batter try not whipping it as much because it tends to toughen up but by no means am I a baker lol. You can try that and see if it works!! Good luck and great job with your long run as well as your run today!!

Cassie Awesome job losing those inches and 9 pounds WOW thats incredible, I would agree dropping the soda alone could be why you lost some of that weight either way good job on the sculpt workout and your February goals look great and realistic!! Hope the stress levels reduce I myself have been a stress case lately!! hang in there! :smile:

Moochachip How exciting and splitting the cheesecake is not as bad as eating alone so I think it's okay especially while enjoying with someone new hope things turn out well have fun!! :wink:

Meg kick some *kitten* with that presentation!! Hows everything with your pregnancy??

Bethany Sounds like great things to come for you. I would also do the same and use up the rest of the food that way it doesn't go to waste and you can start from scratch at your new place! My granola bars turned out yummy but the consistency was more like a banana bread which was fine by me lol. Your Saturday event sounds inspiring and your new focus sounds great for both you and your kiddos!! :happy:

AFM I had a tempo run Friday before work and was basically busy all day from 6 am to about 4am saturday when i arrived home :noway: Had to get up for bootcamp the next day so i had about 3 hours of sleep but all my friends flaked for one reason or another so a couple of us decided to do breakfast at Ihop haven't been there in ages the food was gross at least what i got from the simple and fit choices Im sure the crepes would've been delish, later that day I had denny's and that threw me over i was sick for the rest of the day and went to bed early and woke up Sunday and had planned for a 12 mile run since Im following a training plan for the 1/2 and ended up doing 15 because I just felt like running forever. I even managed to run up the reservoir about .5 mile incline were talking steep, on my way back i was fine until I hit mile 11 then my lower back was hurting and the last mile was going by super slow took two walking breaks and managed to finish in 2:45 minutes not bad for such a long distance. When i arrived home i showered ate and crashed out for almost the rest of the day on/off, so i didn't get a chance to prep my food and buy groceries this weekend. i did take a mental health off from work :wink: I needed it so i did my grocery shopping and cooked some food for the next couple days and prepared all the snacks, finished laundry and after this I will start my reading since my classes for the personal training program begin tonight and don't end till 10:10 pm so even with a day off from work it has been nothing but go go go. made yummy baked salmon mango papaya wraps pretty delish! not working out Mondays and Wednesdays from now on because school will be a priority and i don't want to stress over 6 workouts 5 should be sufficient! Thats it for me ladies I need to do some yoga or something, this weekend was a bit crazy and by that I don't mean getting drunk but i had a situation happen and no i don't know what to do, will explain later!! have a great rest of the day!! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Last night was my first Personal Training class about body alignment and stretching the course seems interesting can't wait to see whats in store! I have the weight training internship tomorrow nervous about hat one! But one thing I really liked about the class last night was how the instructor really wants to get to know us on a personal level class isn't too large, so we all shared our stories on how we were lead to this program and wow there was some amazing transformations and I definitely left feeling motivated and inspired by some folks!! I would have never thought I'd be able to be that open and comfortable speaking in public firstly and second talking about my weight holy **** it was nerve wrecking at first but left feeling like I had no burdens AHHH I needed that! Anyways I have a run planned after work and hopefully some weight training either at the gym or maybe a circuit session in my home, hope you all make this Tuesday Great! I will try my best to post here tonight and but I will definitely make some February goal!! :bigsmile: Cynthia!!
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry for being gone! I just posted a blog called "Confessions" where I apologized for being a bad MFP friend at times because when I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I tend to avoid the site to avoid feeling ashamed :( I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I'll do it tomorrow morning to check my goal of being under 165 by February! We'll see how that goes. Eating has been ok, but exercise has been scarce. I only completed 6 out of 11 days that I wanted to squeeze in before the end of January. Considering all that, and aunt Flo is just leaving town, I really have no idea what I will weigh in at tomorrow. Anyway, I look forward to posting my February goals, being a better MFP friend, and getting to know you all better!

Jenna
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll! Well... I've been absent, as promised, but posted a new February forum and look forward to seeing all your incredible progress from January and goals for the upcoming weeks.

So - Who's going to get us started!? Let's kill it this month, ladies (and gents?) :drinker:

Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474009-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-february-challenge-take-2

:heart:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Em - This all sounds FABULOUS!

1) Lost 0.6lbs. AWESOME! Your training is going amazingly well and you are on the road to recovery from your medical dilemmas. Absolute win.

2) Bachelor #1 was a dud. Happy to see him out of the mix! Sounds like a bad match so it's nice that he was on the same page. It's always awful and awkward when they don't seem to "get it". Score on that front as well!

andddd 3) Bachelor $3? YES PLEASE! This guy sounds awesome. I really hope that it takes off girl, because he's batting 1000 in my eyes so far! Now we just have to work on that last line, and we're golden :wink: Chin up, girlie!

Jenna - No worries, girl! We all get busy and hectic and feel like bad MFPals sometimes - Hook up with us in Feb on our challenge and everything's forgotten!

Cynthia - That sounds like such a great experience at your training class :bigsmile: I cannot believe how much it has meant to me to be surriounded by people with amazing stories/journeys/incredibly strength and determination. This community has made all the difference for me, so finding that sort of space in RL is just an awesome opportunity! Take advantage of it as much as you can! It's so nice to just let it all out, too - happy to hear that you were able to overcome your nerves and let yourself just be uncomfortable. If this journey is about nothing else, I think it's about pushing our boundaries. Great job doing that this month - you should be so proud of yourself :bigsmile:

OK! Now go post on the February forum and I'll catch up with you all there! :tongue:
    -Meag