March "No more late night snacking"

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Last night I was kind of hungry after my cutoff time but I flashed on having to post again that I had fallen and I didn't want to do that. It's amazing how much this thread keeps me accountable. Thanks to all of you.

Keri - good job, even when you feel sick. That's great.

Dewdrop - I think you're going to be the winner. Just a little pressure:laugh:

Kristina - your wedding is getting close. What a great goal for you.

lizbeth - good for you. Starting is an accomplishment.

Kathy - hang in there girl.

Have a great day,
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Oops - I forgot to indicate what day I'm on. Day 6 is behind me - no records broken but I'm on the right track:smile: I could have 14 by the end of the month if I stay focused!:wink:
    Esther
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning all-
    Esther, I had the same hugner pains last night well after my cut-off. Good for you for sticking with it!!:flowerforyou:
    Unfortunately, I gave into them. :cry: So, Kathy, you're not alone. Even tho the month is almost done, I'm going to start again. Those calories after cut-off time really send my weight ticker in the wrong direction.
    Congrats to all of you with amazing fortitude. You show the rest of us that it can be done!:drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Day 2 AGAIN!!

:heart:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    day 18 is under my belt, and here I come for 19. I'm feeling a little better

Dewdrop!! you are amazing!

Kristina- best wishes for a beautiful wedding day. It was certainly the happiest and funniest day of my life!!:laugh: I have a couple of hilarious stories if you ever want to hear how things can go wrong and make the most unforgettable moments you and your hubby will have for the rest of your life.

Everyone, I wish all of you the best for the rest of the month. Don't give up cause you're just training for April right, and you'll be in great shape!!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am doing well again. sadly i had another bad night a few nights ago, but I am back to 4 nights no snacks!!!!!

Now I have to work on no potato chips or snack crackers.

I have to work extra hard now because SUMMER IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My crocuses and hen & chicks are up and my tulips are breaking through.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Day 7 down. It's good to have this thread to report on - it keeps me from munching at night. Thanks.

I'll be back later,
    Esther
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Day 22 and am still wondering how long it is before this "habit" of nighttime snacking becomes "habit" for NOT snacking at night. Impatiently waiting....:smile:157832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I survived day two yesterday! Lesson planning can do that to a student teacher from time to time. :tongue:

Woo day three here I come!

Nice work everyone!
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Day 3. It was really hard but I did it.

Everyone seems to be working hard at this. I didn't realize how hard it was not eating after a certain time.

:heart: Kathy
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm as far as 24 now. Looks like I still have to stay tuned, cos o/w phatphanny will win this race herself! :tongue: Well done so far! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Day 3. It was really hard but I did it.

Everyone seems to be working hard at this. I didn't realize how hard it was not eating after a certain time.

Yeah, it sure is! I find myself saying: Wow, I really can't munch on anything during the movie? :noway: What if I get hungry in an hour? :huh: But doesn't it feel good then next day? :happy: Breakfast always looks like a reward, I enjoy it so much more than back in those days when I used to get to bed saying "I'll start again tomorrow. I've eaten so much today, I might just as well start by skipping breakfast, to feel like I really am changing something!" Which did not mean I would not get up hungry next day... :huh: So yeah! here's to us all changing habits :drinker: .
  • plantlady99
    Options
    to us :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Yes, dewdrop - changing habits is what it's all about, Good habits don't seem to cling to us as easily! :grumble:
    I fell off last night. April is coming! I'm back to day one for March :explode:

Have a great day everyone.
    Esther
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    woot woot! day three is under my belt! i am crawling into bed (my stomach is actually starting to rumble as we speak) and i am looking forward to breakfast!

i hope everyone had a good day.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Even though, it will be really tough. But if I think about all of you guys doing it, I know I can do it, too. My cut-off time will be 9:30, cause I go to bed around 11:30 or 12. Good luck everyone, stay strong!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Grrr.. I need advice. :ohwell: Got home around 9:30 last night (remember, my cut-off is 9, unless I come home from aerobics past that and have calories left). Hadn't had dinner, but a sort of dinner roll on the way home, so I grabbed a crispbread and 2 pears. I wasn't terribly hungry, but I knew I had to skip breakfast next day, so I went for it. I did give up one of the pears, though. :happy: And was fairly hungry as I went to bed (which was past midnight).

So now, does last night count? I was above my calories by like 80 and got hit by a terrible headache, so I could not do crunches or anything to even it out. Anyway, should last night not count, I made it 24 nights. If I manage to resist the weekend, I will count it to myself (don't wanna cancel last night and then give in during the WE cos it doesn't matter anymore :ohwell: , so I'll think of it to further count :tongue: ).

Sorry for the silly and long explanation, but I can't decide whether this was cheating or not and feel kinda bad if I win the race while being more permissive to myself than you all. :embarassed:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    dewdrop: Don't have an answer for you. Question - did you go to aerobics last night? Isn't that your stipulation? If you go to aerobics and get home after 9:00 you can eat?

I made it last night but I think for now I'm "practicing for April" since there aren't many evenings left for March:laugh:

I just spent 2 hours mowing, edging and sweeping. Just wondered if one of you would go to your exercise tab and see what calories it gives you for 90 minutes of Gardening, General. ( I put in the 30 minutes for mowing). Seems like a lot of calories burned, although I do feel a little tired :ohwell: Just wondered if it goes by our weight that we have keyed in or it's the same for everyone?

Hope you are all having a great day.
    Esther
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Esther, lovely profile photo! :flowerforyou:

OK, then, I'm resetting the counter in this thread, so 24 nights it is. Will still keep trying to stay good at night till the end of the month. To me, last night still counts, though :wink: , cos it was controlled eating and I stopped before feeling stuffed (water had that effect, though :drinker: ).

Have a nice weekend, everyone, and stay confident! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Day 5. I hope in April I will do much better.