11 Days down! Oh, yeah! :glasses:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Made it through another evening. :flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Day 10...I believe this is getting easier!!!
    157832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to get on the message boards lately, but I am doing good. My excess Vegas weight is almost non-existent anymore. I have really been kicking butt on this challenge.... I haven't fallen down yet.
    12 nights under the belt. Whooo Hoooo!!!!:drinker:
    I think I might be able to make it for the whole month at this rate.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way Wanda, but then I blew it last night.:explode: I made it through 12 nights, resisiting a fair amount of temptation and then last night I just decided to eat soem carrot cake cupcakes my husband made. I was close to my cut-off, but thought I could make it. And I just gave in - dont' really know why. The 2nd cupcake was actually starting to make me feel sick.
    But, it's behind me now and I'll start over tonight. I made it 12 nights so I know I can do it again. I think my problem was I hadn't gotten on mfp and I wasn't really thinking about our group last night. All the other nights that I had been tempted, I kept thinking about having to report back to all of you.
    I hope to see continued great reports from the rest of you. Don't give up!!!!!
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Keri and Kathy, keep going! Proud to see you being so competitive. Some of us are at this for longer and still falling off every now and then. :flowerforyou:

Wanda, happy to see you around. Been wondering where you've been hiding. :love:

Zaza, was it just 1 cupcake and just a few mins after a cut-off? If so, you've been punished enough by not feeling well after eating it, so I'd say one tiny sleep-off is not worth reseting the counter.

As for me, I managed 12 nights myself and this is a bit too easy for me too :tongue: (I mean, I'm not starving as I go to bed, just sometimes a bit hungry and sometimes so happy at the thought that as soon as I wake up, there's breakfast :happy: ). Dunno, I might try go for 8, except when I come back late in the evening from aerobics or when I go out (like weekends and such). Still, 9 is my official cut-off (don't wanna blow it like in Feb, only because I'm doing well :grumble: ).

Summing up: will try go for 8, still count if it's 9 and I'm withing my calories and keep at it. By the way, it did work, I did lose 2 lbs last week :wink: .
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im glad everyone is doing so well for march unfourtnely im not in for march. Llike most know have a stomach thing and when i can eat im going to eat! But to everyone i waiting to see who is going to get the highest for march :smile:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I did not have a snack after 9:00

:explode: BUT, I feel of the wagon and had Pad Thai for dinner. So not happy that I feel off the calorie counting wagon. I always seem to sabotage myself when I am getting near a goal. It's almost like I don't want to reach it. It sounds crazy. Try, try again,

:flowerforyou: Has anyone else gone through this.

I no this is not the thread for this but I just had to vent.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I always seem to sabotage myself when I am getting near a goal. It's almost like I don't want to reach it. It sounds crazy. Try, try again,

:flowerforyou: Has anyone else gone through this.

Me, me. (dewdrop points to her :embarassed: ). Last time I was close to my goal, like 4 lbs away, I got scared that I might get too skinny or something. And I'm bad with maintaining :angry: , I either go down or up (or maintain when I want to go down, that has been known to happen :grumble: ).

Bottom line is, we make a "U-Turn", right? Not giving up, that is. :happy: So keep going! We stumble, fall and then get up and keep going. There's no way back! :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    you should see my knees!!! They have permanent scares from falling off and getting back up.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Thanks for the encouragement.

I will not give up:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Kathy
  • dewdrop
    Options
    you should see my knees!!! They have permanent scares from falling off and getting back up.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

That's probably why they invented the midi's :laugh: . But I like 'em, specially with top boots in winter :laugh: . Oh, but I'm off topic. :wink:
  • zaza54
    Options
    dewdrop and plantlady - I am right there with you. I feel like all I do is sabotage myself. I don't know what my problem is lately, but you wouldn't believe what I eat - way too embarrassing to confess it all. Suffice it to say that I attacked a container of mediocre sticky buns in my car on the way home from the supermarket. :noway: Not the best way to drive. How sick is that?! By the way, I didn't stop there. But enough of my true confessions.
    If I could figure out what makes me have to indulge my cravings, I'd be down to 115. I would love to hear any insights.
    Have to go to the store now. Will try to be good.
    Take care all.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    I decided to change my profile picture -replacing the one from last Spring to one from this Fall. Maybe the change will inspire me to turn over a new leaf.
    Zaza
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Nice pic Zaza...day 11 of this challenge...
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have to wonder how many people of this site sabotage themselves.
    I do it with a lot more things than just my diet and exercise. I do it everywhere in my life (except with my hubby). I even feel like I sabotage myself when it come to disciplining the kids. I don't always still to what I say. But I am still doing well on the challenge. (I guess I haven't sabotaged this challenge yet this month.... but give me time.... I hear Vegas has odds on me this month LOL)
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Day 11...this challenge seems to be alot harder on the weekends..I see some have made their cutoff time later on a weekend..I don't want to change mine now..but maybe next month (if I survive this one) I will make it later...
    157832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I lost it. I have to start over.

Zaza did you see me with a piece of my grandson's birthday cake in my mouth at 10:30. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Well, starting again today.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Kathy
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    plantlady- I sooooo feel your pain. I do really well until I've been doing really well for 2 weeks orso and have started to see changes and then I hit the fast food place.:grumble: :explode:

I hope everyone is having a great day. I've been so busy with work I have a hard timelogging in every day. Good news:happy: , I'm too tired to eat at night too, soooo, I'm on day 11!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Last night was my 14th! We went out, but after 6, when we left home, I only had a tea. I wasn't feeling to well, so that helped. Still, yeay! :happy:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Last night was my 14th! We went out, but after 6, when we left home, I only had a tea. I wasn't feeling to well, so that helped. Still, yeay! :happy:

You are doing so good. I hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Well, day one again. I did not eat over my time!!

But still not happy about all I ate over the week-end.

Kathy