• josoleil
    josoleil Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm trying to do my exercise ticker.
    exercise.png
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I know I mess up one day, was good until last night. It was about 9:30. So for the week-ends I'm changing my cut off time at 10:00. I eat later on week-ends. I know I did not gorge myself. I just had a small portion of tortilla chips and salsa. But, I sure felt bad when I looked at the clock.

I can't believe I how challenging it is.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: To funny actually, I have never met anyone in person on this site, but it is almost as if you all were in the room with me as I was snacking. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That IS funny. I know what you mean - I feel like that too as I find myself looking at the clock. Whatever works!:laugh:
    I better not snack tonight - I just snacked plenty now. :explode: I went for a hike with my son and hubsand and packed a sandwich, which was too many calories considering I had a pancake breakfast. Even worse - on the way home I had Reese's peanut butter cups. Since that wasn't enough, I added egg salad and crackers just now.
    I dont' know what my problem is but thank goodness I went hiking!
    Zaza
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well I made it to day 3! Woot Woot! I'm shocked myself. Yet I have been going to be early from being sick. Perhaps this is helping me?

Thanks for all the support guys!! :flowerforyou:
  • suumessage
    Options
    Since we eat late and don't finish til 8 or so, I will make my cutoff time 9. I am also tracking my snacks on this site--if I'm honest I will see how much those "little nibbles" add up to.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Holy Moly!!! Day 3 for me. I am doing all right after my flu and feeling soooo much better. Changing my weekend cutoff time to 11 though since I get home from work around 10 and still have to eat dinner and then finish up any extra work, clean the kitchen, pack tomorrows lunch etc; etc;:laugh:

So I am going to have some salsa and chips. That will be my dinner since my hubby ate out and that's not a great idea for me:grumble:
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    5 down!!

Last night (Fri) was 5!
    Today, day 6!! Off to bed now...
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Day 5 and all is well...sure hope it gets easier...I find myself walking to the cupboards and fridge constantly, looking in them...wondering if it is just a matter of time before I start diving in. Hopefully sticking to this challenge will break the habit.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    im going to join even if im not in on the contest, this has always been a huge issue for me, my willpower helps me through the day but towards the end it starts to wane off, my cut off time will be 8:30 on weeknights and 9:30 weekends.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Everyone here seems to be raring to go, which is great. But, watch out everyone - dewdrop is going to be real stiff competition for the month of March.:wink: She started this whole challenge intitially and, when she makes her mind up to do this (which she has), she'll leave us in the dust.:laugh:
    Or will she.....?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Had a good laugh, thanks Zaza! Bottom line is, it also worked. Here's how. Last night we were invited for dinner. And you know, when it's up to the host to decide when to serve what... well, we finished past 9 (my cut-off). At about 10 I was still sipping wine and thought "Awe! :angry: Oh, well :ohwell: , whatever, I'll start anew tomorrow. Oh, wait!, Zaza said they should watch out for me, cos I'm all in. So, if I stop now, it's still at least 2 hrs before going to bed, plus stopping now is better than continuing, right?". So I did. It must have been after 10, but I am counting it, becauseI had this strength to do it, so I must reward myself for it. Plus, I only went to bed at 2a.m. But please let me know if you object :wink: .

Otherwise, if I'm good tonight, it will be my day 7 :drinker: .
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Last night was a bad night. I am back down to 0 :cry: Oh well, tonight is a new night
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    im going to join even if im not in on the contest

Oh, trust me, you still are! And welcome, chunkabutt25 :flowerforyou:

cloverluv, good luck tonight. Make a U-Turn :wink: and keep going! Any night we conquer is a bad night less :wink: (you know, half glass full :smile: ).
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am going for night 8 tonight.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    dewdrop- you are totally still good. Way to keep life in check. Just because we don't want to be fat, doesn't mean we can't have fun right :wink:

Great job everyone! wlhanisch- wow you are amazing!! I am on day 5, and with my husband outof town for the week, it's going to be tough for me. I stay up until he calls after work and that's usually around 12am his time, and he's an hour behind me right now. :explode: :cry:

Keep your fingers crossed for me folks! You guys keep me strong.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome chunkabutt25. This is a great challenge to join at any time.
    dewdrop, what willpower you had while you were out for the evening!!! You are definitely good for that night.
    Everyone seems to be doing great - March is going to be a real contest. I'm still in it too. Last night was my Day 8. I was tempted to have something when I got home after an evening in NYC, but had nothing but water. :happy:
    I was out on Sat. night too, but I had my later cut-off time. I managed to stick with it, but just barely. I make myself laugh, though, because I really do think of all of you; I dread having to report falling off the wagon so I just don't let myself have anything except water.:laugh:
    I think March is going to have a lot of co-winners.
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Congrats to all who are trudging through this "latenight snack syndrome"...Day 6 and counting
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm off and bumping down the road! :grumble: I am back to day one as of today. Bummer.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Hang in there.

ESther
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat the BEST this weekend, but not too bad. And I didn't snack late either! Friday I was at a girlfriend's house until about 130am, but I stopped eating and drinking by 10. And then Saturday night, we went out dancing, and I ate dinner before we left and only drank water while we were out.

Yay! Go me!!! haha

Hope everyone else is doing well. Can you believe the month is nearly half over?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I almost lost it Saturday night but manage to pull through. I can't say I was eating the entire evening but almost through something in my mouth.

I'm glad I changed my week-ends to 10:00. That saved me.

So, day 8, and holding

Kathy
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe I made it thru 7 nights w/o a late night snack!!! Yay me!!!! Night 8 here I come!!