March "No more late night snacking"

Options

Replies

• micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in? I sure can use that late night support!

My cut off time is 8:30.

Keri so sorry you were sick yesterday. Hope things are better today!!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yay for day 4!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    First day I messed up. After that, doing OK
    :drinker:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I was up to day 3, and I was so sick yesterday. I kept nothing down, so forget about my calories, skipped my gym session, and went to bed at 5pm. I woke up at 10pm and was feeling a little better, and sinceI hadn't eaten all day, I knew I had to have something. A piece of toast was it, then back to bed. But fair is fair, and I'm counting it.
    That wasn't a late night snack so it doesn't count. It was just a very early breakfast!:laugh: You have to make exceptions for special situations and this was definitely one of them. Hope you're feeling better.
    Zaza
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was up to day 3, and I was so sick yesterday. I kept nothing down, so forget about my calories, skipped my gym session, and went to bed at 5pm. I woke up at 10pm and was feeling a little better, and sinceI hadn't eaten all day, I knew I had to have something. A piece of toast was it, then back to bed. But fair is fair, and I'm counting it. Tonight I'm going strong though. Even had a great workout today, but haven't eaten all ofmy calories. Tummy is still a little iffy.:sick:

I feel for you since I am going through the same thing :sick: Get Better soon!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of new comers this month ! Welcome as for me i havent started this month yet taking care of the health first but im here.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so proud of myself this month! Day 5 - down!!! Not sure how it'll work out tonight. I'm hosting a Slumber Party (girls, you know what that means, right? :wink: ) with wine and snacks - though I'm going pretty healthy with the snacks. Chips and salsa, veggies...the party starts at 7, so I could be okay as far as the munchies. I'm more concerned about the wine, so we shall see. I guess it depends on what time I end up going to bed tonight.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    1Corinthians13, loosen it a bit. Like you say, if you stop drinking wine two hrs before you go to bed (so if you take a bit of time to tidy up, say, after everyone's gone) then keep counting. And enjoy tonight!

I kept counting myself. 4 nights down :drinker: . I have a good feeling about March. For one, I went to bed at decent times and exercised right. I think I might be back on the right track, yeah! :wink:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Day 4 and all is well...!!!!Congrats to everyone that is struggling with the "nighttime snacking'...not quite as easy as it sounds quitting something that has become such a habit.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good news dewdrop!
    I, too, am staying on track for this challenge. I've started exercising again too so that's good. I just need to do better tracking calories and consuming a lot less of them! I just give up. :mad: The only thing that stops me is my cut-off time. Thank goodness for this challenge!:wink:
    Have a great week-end everyone. My youngest flies home tonight and I can't wait to see him.:happy:
    Zaza
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I made it through my 2nd straight day! I might have being sick to blame on it but I'm excited. :happy:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    zaza thanks for the support, and have fun with your oldest!!

cloverluv- I soooooooo feel for you. Mine was 24 hour, so I hope by now you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:

I pre plan everything. I grab my laptop after my cutoff time and I plan out my food for the next day, and pack my lunch and set out whatever meat for dinner. By focusing more on the next day I have a much better chance of convincing my brain that today is over and no more eating is necessary!

I am at day 2. I only think it's fair to count my sick day. I'm good with it though. It was my choice to eat something.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Five days down for me - it was close last night but I made it! Had a group over to play cards. Mindless eating could have taken over but thought of all of you so I quit! Thanks guys.

Esther
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    cloverluv, well done, girl! Keep it up! Now you're in the game, you gotta keep playing with us :wink: .
    Five days down for me - it was close last night but I made it! Had a group over to play cards. Mindless eating could have taken over but thought of all of you so I quit! Thanks guys.
    Esther

Exactly how it went for me! I was a bit over my calories and I planned to get on the stationary bike, but did not (headache, work and typical laziness). Nibbling felt so so tempting until I thought "hey, I'm in this, I'd rather report success than hide again". So I stopped. HURRAY :drinker: . Zaza, once again, cheers for keeping this going. (I must say it feels good to be a co-founder :happy: )

So... 5 days down! Here's to a good month :drinker: . Watch out people, I'm hard to stop once I get myself started :laugh: . But I do like competition, so do keep going and challenge me! :flowerforyou:

(Hope you do take this for what it is: my personal humor) :glasses:
  • ChildofMercy
    ChildofMercy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 days down for me, and it's working.. after about a month of only losing 1 pound, i finally lost 5 pounds this week!
  • josoleil
    josoleil Posts: 17
    Options
    :smile: Bravo Childofmercy and all of you.
    This challenge is truly helping me, because went 8pm come around , I think of you and I go wash my teeth, that way no more eating. Thank again Zaza.
    Have a lovely day everyone, off to the gym for a tonus class.
  • zaza54
    Options
    You guys are fabulous!!!
    I have to confess that I, too, was very tempted last night. We got home from the airport right around my cut-off time and I was SO tempted to snack or even have something to drink. My husband and son left right away for a late showing of the new movie Watchmen and I had the kitchen to myself. But, I thought about all of you and, hating to report falling off the wagon, I made myself go upstairs without having anything except water. yeah!!!:drinker:

Everyone here seems to be raring to go, which is great. But, watch out everyone - dewdrop is going to be real stiff competition for the month of March.:wink: She started this whole challenge intitially and, when she makes her mind up to do this (which she has), she'll leave us in the dust.:laugh:
    Or will she.....?
    I think this friendly competition is going to yield many lighter-weight contestants.
    Keep up the great great work everyone. You have all been terrific and this is really helping me. Thank you all.:flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • phatphanny
    Options
    I really think this challenge is helping keep me from the cupboards after cut off time...I keep saying to myself "its only been 4 days, you can't go longer than that?" so I grab the glass of water and go sit down. I think this site is very helpful. HUGE IMPACT already...congrats to everyone for keeping up the challenge.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Dewdrop: Good job. We went to some friends for dinner and I passed on the dessert - mainly because it was ice cream and also because it was past my cutoff time. So, day 6 down. I'm here to compete with you!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Esther
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    5 down!!