March "No more late night snacking"

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Way to go dewdrop!!! :flowerforyou: You too keri. :flowerforyou:
    Plantlady, at least you're ahead of me! Since I blew it over the week-end, I went ahead and just gave in last night too. I also figured I may as well eat as much as I could since no solid food today or tomorrow until after my colonoscopy. Since it's late, that will be nothing until dinner. This, hopefully, will be my much needed impetus to turn over that elusive new leaf.

Keep up the good work everyone. I'm going to be right behind you, trying to catch up so watch out and no falling off the wagon. :wink:

Tonight will be my Day 1 guaranteed. No choice in light of tomorrow.:laugh:
    Take care all and have a great week.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone. I'm going to be right behind you, trying to catch up so watch out and no falling off the wagon. :wink:

Oh Oh. Why do you think I've been careful each night? Cos out of nowhere, someone will jump and take the trophy :noway: from me, hehe :laugh: . Oh, wait, Wanda's ahead anyhow :laugh: . How's everyone else doing?

Good luck with the colonscopy, Zaza. Not sure what it is, but prolly not something you wanna do every other day :huh: , so good luck and hope it all goes well. :heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good luck also with the colonscopy, Zaza.

At least you have an excuse to eat. Hey, I would too.

Kathy
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Were we not just talking about sabotage????
    I just did it to my self. I went out with one of my gal pals for a drink (before my cut-off time). Then I was going to have my water with a lemon (our city water tastes bad).....

The couple next to me bought a quesadilla and it looked and smelled so good:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: ..... so when they looked at me and saw me drooling they said " try it. it is their new menu item... they are really good" It was a chicken ranch quesadilla. I couldn't resist.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I had to try it. Now, I am going to work off the rest of those unwanted calories (at least I have been under my max calories for the last week).

I made a grand total of 15 nights. Hauling my butt back onto the no-snack wagon in the morning....
    Right now I am wallowing in the mud under the wagon wheel.

Zaza- Good luck on that colonoscopy! I hope all is well.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Day two back on track. it is really great to have a place to be accountable. Heaven knows we will fall off the wagon. The most important part is getting back on.

Have a great day all. All in all the summer is coming and this is going to really help down the road. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thinking about you ZaZa.

Kathy
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Wanda :sad: :sad: :sad: Well, who knows how much further I will go. :huh: But, as Kathy says, U-Turn (or hopping back on) is what we are up to, right? And not claiming we're perfect at it (otherwise, why this topic and challenge?).

I was funny last night. I ate all day (worked from home), but I stopped at about 6, cos we had planned a jog (with hubs) around 8. When I came back I was still OK, but at about 10 it struck me that I'd so love to have something. I knew if I started to eat, I'd double my cals for the day :grumble: .So I kept telling him "I'd so eat something. But I'm in this challenge on MFP. I just can't." :laugh: So I didn't! Yeah, day 15 down :drinker: .

Hope you ladies will get back on track. I need you :flowerforyou: . I love to see you around. :love: Kirstine_23, I hope you're also doing well and getting ready for the April fight. That'll be a tough one, with Easter (and hence, family visits), but who knows?
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Great Job!!!! :flowerforyou: dewdrop We need you also.

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Last night, I was FINALLY back on track!!! And back to day one. Here's to day two...comin' up!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Wanda, I feel your pain. You did great tho until then and that was terrible temptation. I am confident you'll get right back on track like the rest of us who have temporarily fallen off the wagon.
    Glad to see you back Corinthinans.
    So far, dewdrop is in the lead. Great job!!!:flowerforyou:
    As for me, last night was my Day 1. I am starved today, but I have lost 2.6 pound thanks to my colonoscopy prep. Of course, we'll have to see how much I gain back once I can eat and drink when I get home this evening.:laugh:
    Anyway, I'm hoping to do better than I have been since Thanksgiving.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.:drinker:
    Zaza
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Day three AOK. Even went out for St. Patty's Day. Just had black coffee.

Kathy
  • zaza54
    Options
    Way to go Kathy!:flowerforyou:
    Last night was my Day 2. My colonoscopy went well and I did not go overboard eating. In fact, I slept a lot off and on - I think the sedation just stays with me.
    Tonight will be my Day 3.
    Take care all and enjoy Spring. I missed yesterday, but I want to get outside today.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Yay, Katty! way to go :flowerforyou: .
    Zaza, glad the colonscopy went well. Glad to see also that you're back at this! :flowerforyou:
    I overate yesterday, but at least it was all before 9 :happy: . So still counting. :glasses:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    day one under the belt and I am done with the self loathing.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    I'm on day 14 today. I'd be happier but I had cortisol shots today and comfort ate a fast food breakfast, and then slept until about 20 minutes ago. I'm already over my calories for the day:explode: .

What a day!! I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Zaza< my prayers are with you!! I hope all goes well with the procedure. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • sandebud
    sandebud Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in ...my bedtime is really late so this is what gets me....! Cut off is 8pm...I plan to work it through April for those that want to stay on the wagon!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Thanks Keri and dewdrop and everyone for your well wishes. The colonoscopy went very well. It's really a very easy way to prevent cancer. My dr. recommended it at age 50 and then every 5 years if they don't find anything. So, I'm good to go until I turn 60.

I just walked into my town and back so I'm being good. Tonight I will not snack past my cut-off time. Hope to hear the same from all of you.

Wanda, I'm glad you're past self-loathing; we really like you!!!:wink:
    Zaza
  • gullsluvr
    gullsluvr Posts: 10
    Options
    I just saw this my cut off is 9:00 usally in bed by 12:00. I know I am starting late but I am committed not to snack after 9:00 till the end of the April. I am on the wagon with Sandebud
  • zaza54
    Options
    Welcome gullsluvr and sandebud!:flowerforyou:
    This is a great challenge and you can join at any time. Many of us have fallen off the wagon, but we just get right back on.
    I will start a new thread for the month of April so everyone has a chance to win that month. In the meantime, we keep practicing and cheering on our friends who haven't fallen off the wagon.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    The 17th night :happy: was a bit hard, cos I only got home at 9 and was too busy to eat properly (had only a bite when I got home), so then at 9:30 I thought to myself "tomorrow is another day; let it be for now, it's too late". But since I had to do some cleaning (guests arriving today), it was OK - it's harder when I just sit in front of the computer.

I was thinking - sorry about writing every day :embarassed: , but this is my way of journaling. As some as the older members of this challenge know, if I don't write, it means I've fallen of the wagon. :huh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Welcome gullsluvr and sandebud!:flowerforyou:

Yeah, welcome! :flowerforyou: The more, the merrier :happy: . It's never too late! :wink: