Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - January 2012

Options

Replies

• jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Name: jessica
    Hubby/Partner: kory
    How many kids do you have: first due in february!!!
    Due Date: february 22, 2012
    How far along are you: almost 33 weeks!
    Do you know the gender: boy
    Babies Name: parker
    Where do you live (if you want to share): connecticut
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: lots of walking and workout dvd's at home
    Anything else you'd like to share: i am just super anxious at this point...can not wait to meet our little man!!!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    I also updated the Due Date Calendar, and added myself in:
    Jan
    10-Rosanna (Unknown)
    25- Better_Balance (Girl)

Feb
    22 - jessica (boy - parker)
    23 - Rayna (boy - Mason)

March
    10 - mama_corn (girl - Charlotte)
    12 - babeed854 (boy)
    15 - MidniteDayDre (boy - Kaiden)

April
    4 - kistinbee (??)
    13 - svgarcia (girl)

May
    20 - monky13grl (boy -Marcus)
    21 - gisele246 (girl)

June
    1 - batgirlrox
    9 - bmfrazie
    18 - Kelley_m

July
    7 - yahyamommy
    14 - Lindz8afish
    15 - MrsJax11
    16 - moyagifura
    25 - JennieMuzz

Aug
    24 - misslouisiana
    25 - Kel_be
    29 - Brandy715
    30 - Lilylove86

Sept
    9 - Racevez
    12 - amkgraham
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    How do you upload pictures to the message board?
    use the [ img ] / [ /img ] tags with out the spaces
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all mamas, and welcome to new mamas. I've been only reading all the posts.

I had a weirdest dream last night - my baby girl has one foot sticking out my belly and won't stop kicking. She must be kicking so hard while I'm sleep (but too tired to wake up). :-)

TDdpm6.png
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kristy that is beyond sweet and I don't think of myself as "inspirational"...just an average woman with average genetics who has a passion for being above average in the health and fitness department despite have a baby! lol!

I don't use Dreft and haven't had any problems. I just use the Tide free and clear and the softener with no dye/perfumes as well. Some babies are very sensitive with their skin....but most have no problems as long as you don't use softner and detergent that has a lot of dye and perfumes. Dreft is pricey and not always needed.

Rosanna I'm so excited for you too! I can't believe you are due so soon! Yay!

Ashley the nursery is beyond adorable! Great job! I love the natural kind of eclectic, vintage feel. It is simply beautiful. :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Hubby/Partner: Gerardo
    How many kids do you have: One 13 yr son named Jason
    Due Date: Feb 28, 2012
    How far along are you: 32 Weeks Today!!
    Name: Luna Itzel
    Where do you live :Las Vegas
    Workouts while pregnant: Walking & PNYoga
    Fun Fact: I am easy going, and like to have many friends. Hoping for a non Epidural VB second time around.

Thanks on the pix comments.

Rosanna-glad to hear you are ok!

Ashley-I love your nursery and i agree with Heather love that vintage style. It's amazing.

Heather-You are inspirational!!!

Babyshower countdown: 5 days, so excited
    Isn't it around this 8th month when the crazy hunger slows down and some preggies even lose weight?

~Brenda~32 weeks
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OMG! Where have I been? This board has really taken off! Get ready for a long post! LOL
    Happy New Year! Welcome to all the new mommies-to-be!

CONGRATS Nichole and Elizabeth!! How exciting!

Rayna~ I am SO sorry you are having such a rough time with your hands. I really hope you can find some relief and get the disability approved.

Ashley- that room is absolutely adorable!! Well done. I’m sure it feels great with all of that taken care of…

Denise- Congrats on getting the nursery done as well! I can’t wait till that is off my list of TODOs. I was wondering about Dreft as well.

Lindsay! YAY! Glad that everything looks good and you can get back to moving! Such good news!

Rosanna~ My oh my, time is flying by! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Hattie~ That is SO funny! She must have been practicing karate. LOL I have yet to have any crazy dreams, but I’m sure there are some in my future. My surroundings have always made it into my dreams in the past.

Heather! I have to completely agree with Kristy! You are so amazing! Thank you!!! Oh, and thanks for the detergent info!

Sorry to those I have missed, I will be trying to keep up more, now that I am getting back to my regular routine at work AND hubby just added internet to the house!! Can you tell I’m a little excited? 

AFM: Feeling good, doing good, and getting stuff done. Don’t really have any complaints.
    We had a great Holiday week with family. My sister from GA stayed with us, and we even got to visit with my SIL from England. We went up to his parents for the past 2 weekends to visit (2 hours each way, not the most fun) and had a blast playing with our nieces and nephews (5 total).
    Before Christmas, Hubs and I got the nursery painted and he plans on installing the chair rail and closet organizer system in the next couple weeks. We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme, so we painted a bunch of crazy designs in different colors which will be below the chair rail. I can’t wait till it’s all together.
    Yesterday, I (and what seemed like EVERY other expecting mom in my area) went to Babies R Us and got my registry going. I didn’t finish it, but at least I got a start. My sister and I worked out that March 24th would be the best time to have my shower. Our schedules are hard to work around with her in GA and me working at the Opera House with performances on the weekend. I’m super excited; it’s going to be fun, but low key.
    I have been Zubaing at least once a week, sometimes twice. It’s so hard to take it easy in class. All I want to do is jump around and go crazy, but my body definitely yells at me when I do/try. I have been trying to get into the habit of riding my stationary bike more. For some reason it just don’t think about it as often as I should. Also, I have been a slave to the junk food lately! Ugh! So this leads me to my goals…

~Exercise
    Monday- Zumba (50min) ~ done
    Tuesday- Bike (30-45 min)
    Wednesday- Yoga
    Thursday- Zumba (60 min)
    Friday- Bike (30-45 min)
    Saturday- Walk (have to work)
    Sunday- Rest

~Increase Water
    ~Increase Veggies!
    ~Avoid Junk

Name: Kim
    Hubby/Partner: Ben
    How many kids do you have: This is our first!
    Due Date: May 5
    How far along are you: 22 weeks 3 days
    Do you know the gender: GIRL
    Babies Name: Not sure…. Nickname Lucy from my niece 
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Michigan buurrrrr
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Zumba, Bike, Walking
    Fun Fact about yourself: Both of our moms, grandmothers, and sisters (3) ALL have had girls first and here we are continuing the trend.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Hubby/Partner: Gerardo
    How many kids do you have: One 13 yr son named Jason
    Due Date: Feb 28, 2012
    How far along are you: 32 Weeks Today!!
    Name: Luna Itzel
    Where do you live :Las Vegas
    Workouts while pregnant: Walking & PNYoga
    Fun Fact: I am easy going, and like to have many friends. Hoping for a non Epidural VB second time around.

Brenda, thought I would share with you that my hubby is praying that I go into labor on Feb 29th!! It's leap year ya know.....:laugh: My due date is March 12th
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    How do you upload pictures to the message board?
    use the [ img ] / [ /img ] tags with out the spaces

Furthermore, you have to use an image hosting site like Photobucket. I didn't know that for a while. Here is a link to a good thread about uploading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy

Good luck!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I also updated the Due Date Calendar, and added myself in:
    Jan
    10-Rosanna (Unknown)
    25- Better_Balance (Girl)

Feb
    12 - Mistibergman (girl - no name yet)
    22 - jessica (boy - parker)
    23 - Rayna (boy - Mason)

March
    10 - mama_corn (girl - Charlotte)
    12 - babeed854 (boy)
    15 - MidniteDayDre (boy - Kaiden)

April
    4 - kistinbee (??)
    13 - svgarcia (girl)

May
    20 - monky13grl (boy -Marcus)
    21 - gisele246 (girl)

June
    1 - batgirlrox
    9 - bmfrazie
    18 - Kelley_m

July
    7 - yahyamommy
    14 - Lindz8afish
    15 - MrsJax11
    16 - moyagifura
    25 - JennieMuzz

Aug
    24 - misslouisiana
    25 - Kel_be
    29 - Brandy715
    30 - Lilylove86

Sept
    9 - Racevez
    12 - amkgraham

WOW!!!! Tons of new people! Congrats to all the newly pregnant people, and CONGRATS to the new mommies!!

New Years was great. Had a good weekend, pretty laid back and calm. No exercise, but minus the 4 cookies I ate, I did good with food and water!!! Yoga is my plan for tonight, and some sleep. Totally couldn't sleep all night last night!! Baby is super active and I am a bit uncomfortable but nothing too major I guess. Really just ready for Feb though! Today was the first day of training for when I'm gone. Things went good, but it really made me see how unorganized and crazy things are still, so that's my main goal for the week is getting things back to normal and a lot more organized. Wish me luck, I think I really need it!

Sorry, don't have time to respond to everyone.

Ashley - Your nursery is adorable! I like the antique look and that is the glider I want. LOL Good luck at your U/S too.

Denise - I know a lot of people who use Tide free and clear, seems to work good. I use dreft, and I love it. I used it with my son until he was 2 then I switched. There are a lot of different kinds, I've heard to watch close because some of them are not really free and clear. LOL, Good luck!

Rayna, So sorry to hear your going through all that you are. I am right there with you on the NOT sleeping. It is horrible, seems like I just get sleeping good and it's time to pee again. 4 trips to the bathroom in 8 hours last night, geeze, I just want sleep. I hope things work out in your favor. Good Luck.

Brenda - Your pic is cute!!! My doctor did say towards the end, I might not gain and some people lose weight. I'm really hoping to not gain any more, but I have 5 lbs leeway, so well see what happens.

Atomdraco - LOL, I've been having some weird dreams too. I swear I didn't dream for like a year straight but these last couple weeks, when I do get to sleep, it always seems like something weird. Last night a guy from my class in high school was the father, WTH, I haven't even thought about that guy since we graduated, LOL.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Rosana - Good to hear from you and I'm glad you're feeling good. You're so close!

Rayna - Sorry about your hands. That totally sucks. I hope everything works out with your short term disability.

Misti - The rocker came from Target and it was less than $200! :smile:

Thanks for the all the compliments on the room! I'm very happy with how it turned out and am glad we put the work in to make it unique. The murals were tedious but I love them. We also stripped, painted, and distressed both green pieces and the smaller one was my grandmother's. The blue piece we got on Craigslist but it is probably a 20's or 30's piece. Very nice quality. The bird photos were taken by my brother in law who is a nature photographer. So there are a lot of special little touches in the room. Oh, and the blanket was made by my friend and is amazing.

Thanks to all for putting the due date list together and updating and/or also including your info on this month's board. It's so hard to keep up with everyone from previous posts; this seems to be the best way.

Alright, back to work. :noway:

-Ashley
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Atomdraco - LOL, I've been having some weird dreams too. I swear I didn't dream for like a year straight but these last couple weeks, when I do get to sleep, it always seems like something weird. Last night a guy from my class in high school was the father, WTH, I haven't even thought about that guy since we graduated, LOL.

LMAO!! That's too funny and only because I know we're all going through it at some point....:laugh: ..I know I've had my share!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on the laundry detergent!! We use All clear & free and was really curious if I could use that...Sounds like I can but I may have to keep an eye on it (in the beginning) but at least it gives us a good direction-

Ok- 2nd QUESTION of the day :ohwell: Breastfeeding.

Yeahhhhh...I plan on doing this. Yes I have some things for freezing breast milk & 1 emergency hand pump kit that my SIL gave me. But, I SERIOUSLY need to get on the ball in regards to purchasing one or renting. I'm leaning towards renting for financial reasons- we're still trying to get on our feet.

I have to return back to work within 6 weeks, I won't be able to pump 3 times a day like the website suggests...Can anyone give suggestions on how this has worked for them in the past?? or give me any direction?

I've looked for some breast feeding classess but they all seem to be in the mornings?? WTH?? What about us working soon to be moms?
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    hi. dasexiimommy, i am also early in the first trimester and u r right about not having any energy to workout. i was also doing very well on eating right and working out 4-5 days a wk. but i haven't been able to do much of anything as well, i just can't get myself to do it. i do know it will pass, but i will be so glad when i get my energy back.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on the laundry detergent!! We use All clear & free and was really curious if I could use that...Sounds like I can but I may have to keep an eye on it (in the beginning) but at least it gives us a good direction-

Yeahhhhh...I plan on doing this. Yes I have some things for freezing breast milk & 1 emergency hand pump kit that my SIL gave me. But, I SERIOUSLY need to get on the ball in regards to purchasing one or renting. I'm leaning towards renting for financial reasons- we're still trying to get on our feet.

I have to return back to work within 6 weeks, I won't be able to pump 3 times a day like the website suggests...Can anyone give suggestions on how this has worked for them in the past?? or give me any direction?

I've looked for some breast feeding classess but they all seem to be in the mornings?? WTH?? What about us working soon to be moms?

One of my friends from work got one through her health insurance..check, maybe yours will cover it too :)
  • DeniseGdz
    Options

One of my friends from work got one through her health insurance..check, maybe yours will cover it too :)

OOoo...excellent suggestion Mrs Jaxx!!

I need to get my new insurance cards and then I'll call and see what they say about the Medela machines & my new deductible for 2012. Meanwhile, I did find a local pharmacy that does rent 2 different models for a month at a time. $75 a month with no deposit required!!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options

OOoo...excellent suggestion Mrs Jaxx!!

I need to get my new insurance cards and then I'll call and see what they say about the Medela machines & my new deductible for 2012. Meanwhile, I did find a local pharmacy that does rent 2 different models for a month at a time. $75 a month with no deposit required!!

At $75/month, after a couple of months, you could own your own breast pump....There are lots of pumps available in lots of price ranges. I have heard good things about Medela, but if you look up reviews on breast pumps, I'm sure you will find something that is more financially do-able that receives great reviews. And I've also heard that insurance is picking up some, if not all of the cost on breast pumps.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to let you all know that I will not be following this thread anymore...at least not now. I had a miscarriage on New Years Day. I really don't even know what to say. My husband and I had been ttc for 6 months and we were so excited to finally be expecting our second little one. I was 10 weeks and 3 days on Sunday. I am so completely crushed...I can hardly even see the screen because I'm bawling my eyes out. Right now, the only thing keeping me from curling up in the bed and crying all day is my son....I am so blessed to have him to keep me going. I hope that everyone's pregnancy is and continues to go well and I wish you all the best. Hopefully, I will be rejoining you in the near future...if I ever get the courage to try again. This is truly the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced. If y'all don't mind, please say a little prayer for me and my husband. God Bless you all.
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    thank you for the replies on the swelling. at this point...i took them off yesterday and put them on a necklace to wear. i just hate having them feel uncomfortable...so at least i am still 'wearing' them :happy:

yesterday was a sweet day. i cant stand when i do that...especially when i am coming off the vacation and all i want to do is be good. its super frustrating...but if i have one piece of chocolate it is SO hard for me to stop! i hate that i have no will power over it. its like i have to shut it out of my diet because after one its all over. so needless to say...i had good intentions yesterday AM and they all went to *kitten* :cry:

BUT...i am not going to let that bring me down today...its a new day and i am going to re-focus and get my act in gear. lots and lots of water and healthy meals!

on a more fun note...we had some friends over last night for the premier of The Bachelor...i have never seen the show (besides when it first came out a while ago) but my roommate from college is on it and it was SO wild to see her on TV!!! so i will definitely be watching this season!!!

hope everyone has a great day!!!

Good idea to put your rings on a necklace... I'm not looking forward to having to take off my rings.

I watched the Bachelor last night too! OMG so much drama!!! Which girl is your old roommate??? My husband was watching the show with me and was giggling the whole time by how ridiculous some of the ladies were acting.... definitely entertaining! :)
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You ladies seem awesome!!! Can I join?!:happy:

Name: Kristi
    Hubby/Partner: Bryan
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 1st!
    Due Date: May 27, 2012
    How far along are you: 19w 1d
    Do you know the gender: Will find out (hopefully) on Jan 13
    Baby's Name: Under negotiation
    Where do you live: Baltimore, MD
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running, dancing & a lot of stretching, but the Doc told me I should stop running @ 20 weeks (boo!) I plan to start doing a lot of walking, yoga, and would like to start up a light weights routine
    Anything else you'd like to share: HONEYMOON baby! (oops!) We just got married in August and found out I was pregnant a month later! Not exactly how we 'planned' it, but we're suuuuuuuper excited! :glasses:

And... my goals this week...

-Drink more water (at least 10 glasses/day)
    -Research cribs and make a list of top 5 faves
    -Start yoga on Thurs
    -Walk/run at least 4 times this week