Name: Amanda
    Husband: Tim
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 3rd
    Due Date: July 8th
    How far a long are you: 13 weeks 2 days
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Baby's name: ????
    Where do you live: Oregon
    I just started feeling well enough to start exercising again. Today I did the 30 day shred!

Goals this week: To exercise at least 3 more times and drink more water.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to let you all know that I will not be following this thread anymore...at least not now. I had a miscarriage on New Years Day. I really don't even know what to say. My husband and I had been ttc for 6 months and we were so excited to finally be expecting our second little one. I was 10 weeks and 3 days on Sunday. I am so completely crushed...I can hardly even see the screen because I'm bawling my eyes out. Right now, the only thing keeping me from curling up in the bed and crying all day is my son....I am so blessed to have him to keep me going. I hope that everyone's pregnancy is and continues to go well and I wish you all the best. Hopefully, I will be rejoining you in the near future...if I ever get the courage to try again. This is truly the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced. If y'all don't mind, please say a little prayer for me and my husband. God Bless you all.

I'm so very sorry! There are no words that will make it better, but time helps. Please take care of your little one and I will definitely say a prayer for your family. :heart:
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OMG! Where have I been? This board has really taken off! Get ready for a long post! LOL
    Happy New Year! Welcome to all the new mommies-to-be!

CONGRATS Nichole and Elizabeth!! How exciting!

Rayna~ I am SO sorry you are having such a rough time with your hands. I really hope you can find some relief and get the disability approved.

Ashley- that room is absolutely adorable!! Well done. I’m sure it feels great with all of that taken care of…

Denise- Congrats on getting the nursery done as well! I can’t wait till that is off my list of TODOs. I was wondering about Dreft as well.

Lindsay! YAY! Glad that everything looks good and you can get back to moving! Such good news!

Rosanna~ My oh my, time is flying by! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Hattie~ That is SO funny! She must have been practicing karate. LOL I have yet to have any crazy dreams, but I’m sure there are some in my future. My surroundings have always made it into my dreams in the past.

Heather! I have to completely agree with Kristy! You are so amazing! Thank you!!! Oh, and thanks for the detergent info!

Sorry to those I have missed, I will be trying to keep up more, now that I am getting back to my regular routine at work AND hubby just added internet to the house!! Can you tell I’m a little excited? 

AFM: Feeling good, doing good, and getting stuff done. Don’t really have any complaints.
    We had a great Holiday week with family. My sister from GA stayed with us, and we even got to visit with my SIL from England. We went up to his parents for the past 2 weekends to visit (2 hours each way, not the most fun) and had a blast playing with our nieces and nephews (5 total).
    Before Christmas, Hubs and I got the nursery painted and he plans on installing the chair rail and closet organizer system in the next couple weeks. We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme, so we painted a bunch of crazy designs in different colors which will be below the chair rail. I can’t wait till it’s all together.
    Yesterday, I (and what seemed like EVERY other expecting mom in my area) went to Babies R Us and got my registry going. I didn’t finish it, but at least I got a start. My sister and I worked out that March 24th would be the best time to have my shower. Our schedules are hard to work around with her in GA and me working at the Opera House with performances on the weekend. I’m super excited; it’s going to be fun, but low key.
    I have been Zubaing at least once a week, sometimes twice. It’s so hard to take it easy in class. All I want to do is jump around and go crazy, but my body definitely yells at me when I do/try. I have been trying to get into the habit of riding my stationary bike more. For some reason it just don’t think about it as often as I should. Also, I have been a slave to the junk food lately! Ugh! So this leads me to my goals…

~Exercise
    Monday- Zumba (50min) ~ done
    Tuesday- Bike (30-45 min)
    Wednesday- Yoga
    Thursday- Zumba (60 min)
    Friday- Bike (30-45 min)
    Saturday- Walk (have to work)
    Sunday- Rest

~Increase Water
    ~Increase Veggies!
    ~Avoid Junk

Name: Kim
    Hubby/Partner: Ben
    How many kids do you have: This is our first!
    Due Date: May 5
    How far along are you: 22 weeks 3 days
    Do you know the gender: GIRL
    Babies Name: Not sure…. Nickname Lucy from my niece 
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Michigan buurrrrr
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Zumba, Bike, Walking
    Fun Fact about yourself: Both of our moms, grandmothers, and sisters (3) ALL have had girls first and here we are continuing the trend.

Thanks Kim! We did a Dr. Seuss theme for my son Lukas. He LOVES it! Everyone said it was going to be too overwhelming, but we never had any issues. He's always smiled when he sees the characters. Here's a link to some pictures: http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/Dr-Seuss-Nursery/detail.esi?oid=23798009

This nursery I think we're going to do an Eric Carle themed room :)
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Hi all!!! I can't believe we are already 5 pages in and it is only January 3rd!!! This thread is too big to keep up with... I sort of fell off the band wagon last month with the busy Holiday season. I am going to try to stay on the wagon this month and keep up with all of you fit and beautiful mama's to be!

Here is my info...

Name: Kait
    Hubby/Partner: n/a
    How many kids do you have: This is our 1st
    Due Date: May 21, 2012
    How far along are you: 20 weeks 1 day
    Do you know the gender: Girl
    Babies Name: It's a secret
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Detroit, MI
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, running, and Gilliian Michaels 30 Day Shred (minus the ab workout)
    Anything else you'd like to share: I can feel her kicking and I love it!

New Years Resolutions! I am looking forward to a fit month and rest of the year... I took the 1000 min exercise challenge for January to help me with my laziness. I have already worked out two times this year, considering that I haven't done a thing since Thanksgiving, I am pretty impressed. My resolutions are to have a fit and healthy pregnancy, loose the baby weight, and run a half marathon this October!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on the laundry detergent!! We use All clear & free and was really curious if I could use that...Sounds like I can but I may have to keep an eye on it (in the beginning) but at least it gives us a good direction-

Ok- 2nd QUESTION of the day :ohwell: Breastfeeding.

Yeahhhhh...I plan on doing this. Yes I have some things for freezing breast milk & 1 emergency hand pump kit that my SIL gave me. But, I SERIOUSLY need to get on the ball in regards to purchasing one or renting. I'm leaning towards renting for financial reasons- we're still trying to get on our feet.

I have to return back to work within 6 weeks, I won't be able to pump 3 times a day like the website suggests...Can anyone give suggestions on how this has worked for them in the past?? or give me any direction?

I've looked for some breast feeding classess but they all seem to be in the mornings?? WTH?? What about us working soon to be moms?

I know there is some conflicting thoughts on this...but I bought an amazing Medela Pump Instyle Metro breast pump that retails for $350 for $60 on Craigslist. Some people say not to buy them used, but essentially you are buying a motor and you can get brand new parts for cheap if not free from the hospital when you deliver (ask your lactation consultant). No milk ever even comes near the pump. I think they say not to buy used for the purpose of the manufacturer losing money. This is my suggestion anyways and I'm pretty picky about stuff so...

Also, I'd look at your state laws in accordance with allowing you breaks to pump while at work. If you plan on breastfeeding it is essential that you are able to pump at least ever 3 hours or so. This is not only to keep up your supply, but your breasts will become engorged if you don't (if I go an hour past the normal time she nurses my breasts get engorged and it is very painful). I'm not a breast feeding expert...so if I'm off on this one I apologize, I'm just speaking from my experience. I truly hope that you can find what works for you and baby....breastfeeding is beyond rewarding!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    OK, Here are pics of the nursery. We still need a rug and changing pad cover, but it's about 95% done!

IMG_0119-1.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

IMG_0118-1.jpg

IMG_0115-1.jpg

I heart the blue dresser.... Is it vintage or new? Very eclectic and sweet!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mrs Jaxx - got my new health cards today and I called about teh breat pumps. They are covered under the insurance, just not at 100%. She said I'd have to meet my deductible and then the insurance would cover 80% of the cost after that. :smile:

Roseanna - sorry if I'm misspelling I'm going from memory here...yeah I thought about teh $75 a month thing too but considering that we don't have teh $$ to buy it up front (at the moment) then I thought it might be a good option? But definitely agree with buying your own specially if hubby is already talking about baby #2!! :embarassed:

Heather- I thought I remembered you mentioning you purchased yours "gently used" and I did do some research today regarding this topic. You are correct, seems the milk never touches the motor and the tubes can be easily changed for new ones. How do you know which model is the best one for you??

I also know that per state laws you are allowed to pump, the issue is the location I work at was an abandoned warehouse converted into office spaces. We have cubes, managers have tall cubes with glass doors, bathrooms without outlets or locking doors, the conference rooms don't lock (althought I guess I could put a sign up) but the whole idea of having to use (1) my directors office or (2) an unlockable room puts me wayyyyyyyyyy beyond my comfort zone.

I know that all this is "very natural" for moms but this is still a workplace, and mine specifically. I live close to home so I could run home and pump during lunch but I'm down to 1 time a day....I have also inquired with past employees that have given birth and NONE of them has breastfed past 6 weeks for this same reason :indifferent:

Not going to worry about all that right now. First thing is first. Finding a model that works for me & at an affordable cost! Going to compare Craigslist vs Insurance Pricing

THANKS LADIES!! :flowerforyou:
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    @Ashley: Your nursery looks so nice! Cute and classy :)

I have an update for my info since I had my first appointment today and now I know more. I'm at 9 weeks and my due date is August 6.

Doc says I need to eat 300 calories above maintenance, which is going to be a little tough for me. Eating only small amounts of food has kept me from getting sick. I'll meet with her (and not just her nurse) in another month. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to express how worried I am about gaining. I'm ok with a healthy 20 lb gain, but any more wouldn't be good for me or baby.

My nurse told me I could do whatever I was doing regularly at the time of conception. That means walking/jogging and yoga. She also said that anything approved for pre-natal would be fine. I'm really kicking myself for not joining the nice expensive gym when I moved. I would have gone to fitness classes and I would have a lot more options now. I also miss my Zumba and circuit classes, but I can't do anything like that since I stopped when I moved. So says doc.

*Amanda
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Dixiejo-My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. It is hard to lose a little one and hope you find the strength and comfort in you.

Kim-That is so awesome you keep going to zumba! I love Zumba.

Denise- I am really hoping I don't have her on the 29th. The question is when would one celebrate the birthday? lol I guess it would depend what time that day you gave birth.

Misti-Thanks for the pix comment. I hope I don't gain too much, plus I am starting to feel fuller lately, must be a good sign. Although, carbs still have a grip on me and I am trying to not to eat them as much. So harddddd!

I walked at lunch for 20 mins and then an extra 10 mins while waiting for our son to finish soccer practice.

It feels good to get back to walking, slow pace anyways.

So, the issue I am going through is my baby registries are low on items, as I was told by 2 people already. hahaha oh well i better add some more. As I had mentioned before my family don't follow that tradition and that's where my conscientious mind will kick in. Is it too pricey? Do i really need this? etc....

~Brenda~ 32 weeks
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - so many new faces on this board! I am definitely out of touch, but know several of you are getting close to joining us on the Still Fit and Fabulous after Baby board - it moves much slower!!

Denise, wanted to encourage you with the breastfeeding. As I've said before, it is very challenging in the beginning, but definitely worth it. I was just commenting to my husband last night that in the early weeks I was thinking to myself, "how am I ever going to do this for another 12 months?", but I just realized I am already 1/3 of the way there.....time truly does fly after your little one arrives. Have you checked with your health insurance? Mine covered a pump at 80% if I purchased from one of their providers and at 60% otherwise. I have a Medela Freestyle and have been really happy with it. I am starting to make my way back to work and will have to fit in pump sessions between patients (should be interesting!) One thing I've been doing, which definitely helps in the morning, is to pump after the first morning feed. This "empties" me and seems to let me make it a little further before feeling the engorgement NEED to nurse or pump. Extra parts for the freestyle are also quite reasonable - I just picked up some extra connector sets for $12.99 so I won't have to wash them in my quick pump session between patients (btw, I can usually pump in about 10 minutes.) To second Heather, I also believe that you have some legal protection, usually an employer has to provide a private space for pumping and somewhere for you to store your milk while at work. Anyway, hope that is a little helpful.

Keep up the great work ladies. Fill those bodies with nutritious foods and keep sweating! It will help sooooo much with labor and delivery and the pay off is getting your body back quickly once your precious one is born.
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Ashley- LOVE the nursery so cute!

Denise- I use Tide Free all the time. I am pretty sensitive to other soaps and get itchy very fast in clothes that have been washed in something else. For me with skin sensitivities I would recommend it hands down.

Lindsay- Yay for being able to do some activity! WOW you are very talented. I'm thinking wall decals may be beyond my decorating abilities haha.

Brenda- Hope your baby shower goes awesome!

Kim- Happy early birthday! Great looking goals!

DixieJo- I can't imagine what you are feeling and going through right now. My heart goes out to you and your little family and you will definitely be in my prayers. Things happen for a reason I believe I just hope the big man has great things in mind for you in the near future!

Kristi- I made all the guys at work watch The Bachelor last night with me(I work on an ambulance) and even they were laughing and very entertained definitely full of drama.

AFM- I had my 18 week anatomy scan today and everything looks great. I had to laugh because I did as I was told and followed the 40oz of water to be completed an hour before the exam. Well let me tell you I was in agony by the time they called me for my scan. The first thing the U/S tech scans was my bladder and all she said was "OH MY! Are you ok??" I replied that it was definitely very full but I was too excited to see the baby again to wait and go pee as she offered me to do. I don't think I'll make that mistake again since I was so uncomfortable for the duration of the scan. Baby is extremely active which I'm happy about. The tech was actually laughing out loud trying to follow baby around through all the flips and twists it was doing. They weren't able to tell 100% (because baby wouldn't stay still) the sex of the baby. The tech said her best guess is a girl since she didn't catch a glimpse of any "extras" as she called them while the baby was flipping about. I was 95% sure going into the exam it was a girl so I'm saying its a girl. Hubby is soooooooo excited to have a little girl (he really wanted a girl and I really wanted a boy.) I guess he gets the final "say" so it would make sense that he got his way :wink: haha. I'm ecstatic regardless that baby is looking "normal" and healthy.

So after our scan today we went and walked through Babies R Us for the first time....Wow I may come out of this broke. There were soooo many things I picked up or pointed out that I liked/wanted. My mom is dead set against having a shower before the baby is born (which in a way makes sense) but for my OCD self the idea of not having almost anything until AFTER baby is here is really starting to scare me. I'm not sure I can do it. Maybe I'll be lucky and my MIL will throw me one before baby is born so I can get a few things anyways.

Due to the scan and errands we had to run today I missed the lane swim times at my pool. I'm going up to one of the big malls with my mom tomorrow to get some more maternity items since I haven't found much in the stores around here. So tomorrow will involve lots of walking regardless. I also want to get in at least 2 lane swims this week and some walks with the dogs in the beautiful weather.

Amanda 18w 4d(-2lbs)
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Name: Elce
    hubby/partner: hubby Tony
    How many kids do you have: This is our 2nd
    Due Date: Feb 5, 2012
    How far along are you: 35 weeks 3 days
    Do you know the gender: Boy
    Babies Name: Dallas
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Dallas,Tx
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: have been on bed rest since the day before Thanksgiving due to preterm labor signs. It has been tough for me not to exercise and be active but this might have been a blessing in disguise because I have found i really hard to get around lately. I was very active with this pregnancy doing Crossfit and training for a half marathon (Nike Women's in San Francisco) which I completeded at 6 months preggos. i will be exercising come this weekend!!!!!
    Anything else you' d like to share: My first child is 12 years old and will be a few months shy of his 13th birthday when Dallas arrives. I have gotten this question a lot during this pregnancy, which was very shocking at first (i even got it this morning) if this is my second marriage due to the gap. I guess ppl assume since I'm starting over that I've remarried, but the answer to that is no. :) We just decided that we wanted just one more!!! Ha! with that being said, this has been an interesting ride and will be VERY interesting this year as well. I have planned to have this baby natural the way I had my first. however, the difference between this pregnancy and the first is that this baby is being born at a birth center as opposed to hospital setting like my first. I made this decision based on the rise of unnecessary inductions and c-sections that are now currently the trend. I am very intune with my body and know that this baby will be here when he is ready too. I don't need or want any intervention and would like to have my body birth the way it is intended too. :)

Congratulations to the new mommies!!!! Yay!!!!!

For everyone that is new, WELCOME aboard!!!!

Rayna- I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time. If anybody knows what hard is, its me. I have bad lower back pain, I have bad acid reflux, and I can't sleep either. Hence, why I am posting this at almost 2 a.m. All I wish for is to be able to walk without having pain and I am counting down he days until baby is here. Oh and did I mention the amazing lower pressure. Yup! So hang in there we're almos at the finish line!!!

Denise- I'm glad your appt went well and I'm hoping your tests come out GREAT!!!! As far as the measuring goes, like Ashley said, you're supposed to be measuring according to how many weeks you are. I don't pay too much attention to all that, don't know if its because of this is my second child or becasue I don't have that much trust in our medical system! oops did I actually post that!! Lol. ;) that's a whole'nother subject we'll discuss later. I think you're fine. There are various reasons that most women measure smaller or bigger, etc. Muscle tone, and various others, that's just one reason, I've been told. Oh and I LOVE that you're a couponer because I want to take up that hobby but its very overwhelming so i might have to come over so you can teach me!!! Yay!!!!!

Ashley- I have to say that I LOVE the nursery and am SUPER jealous of your dresser. I would do anything to have one of those. They are hard to find and already done are pretty expensive which was not in my budget for the nursery. What a nice way to mix modern and shabby together. :) LOVE it. I bought an antique dresser for the nursery that I love as well and got it at a great bargain. Yay!! So excited because your baby is almost here. :)

Jessica- I just took off my rings last night!!! I do however have an extra wedding/anniversary band that is big and so I don't wear it all the time, so now is the perfect time to make use of it. So hard to not have my regular wedding ring on though. I started swelling from my feet noticeably about a month ago, but only when I sit for long periods of time and don't have my feet up. My hands however just about 2 weeks now that I've noticed a change and then finally last night I was like I think its time to ake off the rings. :) So you are not alone.

Rosanna- thought for sure we were going to have some baby news!!! :) Almost there and can't wait to hear the birth story. :) Yay!!!

AFM: Well let me see, I've been really busy as many of your guys have been as I've read. With me being limited on what I can and can't do it makes it a little harder and of course I cannot get as much done as I'd like too or always plann too. Today I did finish washing all the rest of Dallas' clothes and cloth diapers. So we are set. I started to pack my bag but will wait til' Saturday to complete that. Baby will be in my room for the first couple months in the bassinet so we cleaned that very very well and hoping to maintain as best as possible. Hubby has been really busy with painting the exterior of our home and so nursery, is not no where done. Yes, this does make me freak out some and especially now that i am in TOTAL nesting mode. However, I have learned i cannot control it and that worst case scenario is that if baby comes this weekend ( I honestly don't think so) he still has two months to get it done. It's actually a weeks worth of a project to get it all finished up and painted. I am making my own bedskirt starting tomorrow for the crib and well this weekend I will be out shopping for the last few things I need.
    I feel like even though I technically have 5 more weeks, even with everybody thinking I'm having baby early, these last few weeks are going to FLY!!! I'm excited about getting back into some sort of workout routine. I know I cannot do much as limited as I am with my lower back pain but I think walking and yoga will be sufficient for these last few weeks. :) I have also been panicking about after the baby. I feel like I wasn't able to really exercise for 2 months and I wonder if that'll stall me from losing the baby weight fast or if at all. Just things that I occassionally think about.

Goals: I ned to start logging my food.
    up my water intake BIG time!!!
    start 1.5 mile walks this Saturday!!! Yay!

Elce 35W3D (+24lbs)
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Sorry ladies, forgot my intro on this new January thread:-

Name: Sarah
    Hubby/Partner: James
    How many kids do you have: 1, she'll be 13yrs old when little one arrives!
    Due Date: July 26th 2012
    How far along are you: 10 weeks 6 days
    Do you know the gender: Don't know - not going to find out
    Babies Name: Beatrice if it's a girl, Ethan if it's a boy
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Lincoln (UK)
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking 3-4 miles a day with ankle weights on (mon-fri only!)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to let you all know that I will not be following this thread anymore...at least not now. I had a miscarriage on New Years Day. I really don't even know what to say. My husband and I had been ttc for 6 months and we were so excited to finally be expecting our second little one. I was 10 weeks and 3 days on Sunday. I am so completely crushed...I can hardly even see the screen because I'm bawling my eyes out. Right now, the only thing keeping me from curling up in the bed and crying all day is my son....I am so blessed to have him to keep me going. I hope that everyone's pregnancy is and continues to go well and I wish you all the best. Hopefully, I will be rejoining you in the near future...if I ever get the courage to try again. This is truly the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced. If y'all don't mind, please say a little prayer for me and my husband. God Bless you all.

Dixiejo, I'm so sorry! I really know your pain as I recently went through this myself. Going to send you a pm
  • cutmd
    Options
    Argh, this group is so gigantic. Still no one wants to make it into a group? We could make trimester threads, diet thread, an exercise thread, etc and it would be easier to follow. No one wants this still? Really?
  • cutmd
    Options
    Congrats to nkstar and Elizabeth on your births, looking forward to pics.

Guess I'll rejoin;

Name: Melissa
    Hubby: Rory
    How many kids: none yet
    Due date: July 7th, 2012 now
    How far along: 13wk 5 days
    Do you know the gender: they think it's a girl!
    Baby's Name: debating
    Where do you live: N. Cal
    Workouts while you are pregnant: modified Jillian Michael's, elliptical, walking, have Lindsay Brin (sp?) in the mail

My NT ultrasound went great. Everything was normal and the baby was moving, we even got a gender guess and my due date was moved up. Feeling better to be coming out of the first trimester, we announced to mor family and friends over the new years and I got some maternity shirts and pants cause my belly is already popping (short torso?). I feel fat though, really going to focus on staying the same weight for a few weeks, im too petite to gain more anywhere else than my stomach or I'll look like a whale
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ok- 2nd QUESTION of the day :ohwell: Breastfeeding.

Yeahhhhh...I plan on doing this. Yes I have some things for freezing breast milk & 1 emergency hand pump kit that my SIL gave me. But, I SERIOUSLY need to get on the ball in regards to purchasing one or renting. I'm leaning towards renting for financial reasons- we're still trying to get on our feet.

I have to return back to work within 6 weeks, I won't be able to pump 3 times a day like the website suggests...Can anyone give suggestions on how this has worked for them in the past?? or give me any direction?

I've looked for some breast feeding classess but they all seem to be in the mornings?? WTH?? What about us working soon to be moms?

One of my friends from work got one through her health insurance..check, maybe yours will cover it too :)

OOoo...excellent suggestion Mrs Jaxx!!

I need to get my new insurance cards and then I'll call and see what they say about the Medela machines & my new deductible for 2012. Meanwhile, I did find a local pharmacy that does rent 2 different models for a month at a time. $75 a month with no deposit required!!

At $75/month, after a couple of months, you could own your own breast pump....There are lots of pumps available in lots of price ranges. I have heard good things about Medela, but if you look up reviews on breast pumps, I'm sure you will find something that is more financially do-able that receives great reviews. And I've also heard that insurance is picking up some, if not all of the cost on breast pumps.

Denise - For my son, I borrowed a breast pump from my cousin - it was a Medela double breast pump and it was great...at first I would pump one at a time because I felt like a cow otherwise but honestly pumping both at the same time yields better results milk wise and is more time efficient. At work they are to provide you with a quiet place you can pump. I used to go into a employee lounge at first but it took like 15-20 mins to pump so after a while i would put a curtain up in my cubicle and pump while working most people realized I was pumping once they heard the pump going...it was a little akward at first but whatever, my little guy needed milk and that was more important. I would pump every 4 hours at work so twice a day- I was on a modified schedule my first 3 months using vacation time to only work 30 hrs a week...so i would work 5/ 6 hour days and then use 1 vacation day a week it was great.

I suggest getting a double breast pump, I agree that renting at 75 a month in three months it pays for itself and then you can resell it on CL when you are done or save it for the next baby. I have Atena healthcare through the hubs this time around...they don't give me a pump but they do give me a discount on a medela pump if I choose to buy one. Definitely look into your options.
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Ladies,

Sorry to hear what happened...Will definitely say a prayer for you and your family.
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Hi all!!! I can't believe we are already 5 pages in and it is only January 3rd!!! This thread is too big to keep up with... I sort of fell off the band wagon last month with the busy Holiday season. I am going to try to stay on the wagon this month and keep up with all of you fit and beautiful mama's to be!

Here is my info...

Name: Kait
    Hubby/Partner: n/a
    How many kids do you have: This is our 1st
    Due Date: May 21, 2012
    How far along are you: 20 weeks 1 day
    Do you know the gender: Girl
    Babies Name: It's a secret
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Detroit, MI
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, running, and Gilliian Michaels 30 Day Shred (minus the ab workout)
    Anything else you'd like to share: I can feel her kicking and I love it!

New Years Resolutions! I am looking forward to a fit month and rest of the year... I took the 1000 min exercise challenge for January to help me with my laziness. I have already worked out two times this year, considering that I haven't done a thing since Thanksgiving, I am pretty impressed. My resolutions are to have a fit and healthy pregnancy, loose the baby weight, and run a half marathon this October!

Kait -WELCOME.... I was thinking of doing a half marathon in Ocotober as well after I had my LO. I am not sure I would be able to get the training in that's my only apprehension...but glad to know I am not being overly ambitious...
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Ok...Welcome to all the New Mommas...

I guess I could have put all my replys in one post but I have the hardest time lately keeping up with all the names so it's easier to quote and reply...sorry I know that makes things really long.

As for me...did decent yesterday on food and got my workout in, could have done better on water...my water intake drops off once I get home.
    Today I have already gotten 30 mins of cardio from bootcamp and at least 16 oz of water. SO I am off to a great start. Working from home today...My son seems to have eaten something that is not agreeing with him and I feel like i am coming down with a cold...still need to make my deadline though.

So glad to see most of you are doing well and such a motivation reading about all the workouts and the nurseries coming together...I really need to get started on mine.
    I am wondering how many of you with young children 2 or 3 years old are putting baby in the same room as the toddler? I know the first 3-6 months I will be cosleeping but i have the option of puting the baby and toddler in the same room or putting our 10 year old ( who really only stays here 4 days a month) and my toddler in the same room. Any thoughts on how some of you may have made this work would be appreciated.