40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! It was weigh day for me. Down .8 ! Still not at the weight I was on the old scale, but the new scale and I are becoming more friendly! Did get in some aerobics this morning. Tomorrow is the big day!!! I know I won't make it to the gym, but maybe I can squeeze in a walk when I get up 'cause you know I will be eating cake tomorrow!!! My daughter is so excited and it will be nice to finally see her get married, oh, and we love her hubby to be. Very sweet guy and has the patience of a saint to put up with her! Hahaha!

It was also a Jake day today- He is standing all the time now and I actually caught it on film today! (or digital since film is much more rare these days) I will have to post a pic of that too- he's so cute!

Have a great day all!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Is cool still a cool term?

I am sitting in my office surfing the internet and drinking coffee.
  • tdellasala
    Options
    Hello! 48 from NJ jumping in!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hi tdellasala. :D

And to my fellow "originally from NJ" new friend. What exit?

Good morning to everyone else!!!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello there kids!

Nice to see that this thread is rolling along nicely!

I've only been to 2 Provinces...BC and NWT. Sea & Sky Hwy is one of the prettiest drives outside of Alaska. :)

I have never been to NJ or NY, but that will be remedied tomorrow as I will be joining friends for Thanksgiving in NJ. I am so excited to finally get to walk the streets of NY (hopefully I won't get punched!).

As some of you know I am working back from an injury. My progress is going really well. I have been given the go ahead to resume my workouts but to be very careful with going heavy. I actually started running again yesterday and was able to do 5 min intervals (3x) withought straining my back at all. :)

Oh and I have a NSV to contribute. I am in size 10 Levis!!!! That was my original goal but I am not even close to my weight goal, so I am going to see how a size 6 looks on me. :wink:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!

hello and welcome to chrisbecker, It3ag4s, tdellasalla and Stoshew =)

Stoshew - very few of us say 'eh'. Bob and Doug Mackenzie are not typical Canadians!!

Beeps - lol, that's funny! great marketing ploy. Too bad they could never be as beautiful as Banff is.

RM - compression wear is our best friend! post a pic in your avatar!! (not neccessarily of said rear shot)

sdereski - wow, those are 2 very ambitious boys and how incredible of a journey to undergo. Very few people could ever have the ability to say they did something so monumentous in their life.

It3ag4s - cool may not be cool to say anymore but it kinda goes with our age group doesn't it? lol I still say things that was cool back in the day... awesome is my key word. wicked, boss, excellent and a few others come out daily!

KellySue - enjoy your day with Jake!

bkw - fantastic NSV!! so glad your recovery is coming along so well. Keep at it and those size 6 will be a reality.

Unlike you, sdereski, I did not get out of bed this morning! lol, so today after work, I get to do back/biceps, woohoo =)

Have an awesome Friday everyone!!
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am glsd to find this post. I am 45 and from Alabama. I have definately found it more difficult to loose weight now thatn in the past. I do have a good start now.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hello there Whatabroad. Thank you. And yeah, i guess the Mackenzie brothers are about as good examples of Canadians as Joe Piscapo is a good example as a NJian.

Hello fellow Alabamian kjdunn68. Well fellow as of 2 and a half years ago.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    TGIF!

Las Vegas here. I had a 2.6 gain since the end of my work's Biggest Loser contest. I know what did me in and am correcting it because a gain (even water retention) is unacceptable in my new desired lifestyle. :smile: 103 pounds to go before evaluating if that's my ideal weight, or I need to go a little lower and planning on being immersed in good eating habits, and workout habits by then!

So tonight after work and a fairly healthy dinner, off to the gym for 1 hour on the elliptical (my favorite cardio). Back to the gym tomorrow, after breakfast (protein rich) for cardio, weights and maybe some downtime in the jacuzzi. Then Sunday back to the gym again for cardio. Nothing like getting back on track by doing my desired time in the gym (rather than what I can grab) since I'm good about logging in my food.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. And for my fellow Americans, I hope you've developed your Thanksgiving day strategy to keep to your lifestyle changes.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    Listened to an AWESOME LEIGH PEELE podcast last night....I totally feel like I'm 100% "on-track" with my nutrition plan, calorie-deficit, etc., etc.

Got in my lifting, today - BOOM!

Finished Module 2 of Advanced Strength Series (Venus) and will start Module 3 on Monday!

Have a great weekend all you 40 +'ers!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Got some good workouts in the last couple of days which I needed because I ate a small house while I was away! Every once in a while, that feels so good to do!

It's cold with a little snow here, so I'm taking my workouts inside until it warms up a little.

Hoping to get back on track this weekend.

Have a great rest of the day! :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    1968samuel - c-o-l-d here and TONs of snow fell this week. We're actually getting a bit of a "warm front" moving through this weekend.

No cardio today - off to watch son's basketball game. Shucks - that's 2 weekends in a row that cardio has been missed. Don't worry, I'm keeping my calories in check!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am going to fast today, thru to supper. Will keep calories in check at that time.

A kick-start to my week!
  • 1968samuel
    Options
    Beeps: Fasting is a good way to keep those calories in check. We're heading to Thanksgiving in the States so I might have to try that on Wednesday before the real fun begins!

Today is a lifting day for me. Need to get myself motivated to go out into the cold to get to the gym.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 44 and would love to be in with you all. I still have 30 lbs to lose and would appreciate the motivation. Have a great day.... Angi
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Everyone has asked for pictures so I am going to post just a few.

274d2a68-7962-454c-ab6e-4cd82259ae37_zpsb08582fa.jpg

633e2984-57ac-4648-aee2-5fdf56eee03e_zps0972e0d7.jpg

58322d8e-32c8-4b24-b124-719a233e6597_zps70e0fb1e.jpg

a782ea99-4f59-4d31-8426-189aac571d60_zpsd3f7cbb9.jpg

033_zpsa7eecf87.jpg

resized the last one a couple of times, but still can't seem to get it small enough. Oh Well!
  • plyonsj
    Options
    I'm 42 and need to be signed up!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yay for pictures, KellySue! You both look so gorgeous and so happy. Love the color of your dress!
  • 1968samuel
    Options
    Love the pictures KellySue! You and your daughter look fabulous!

Welcome to the new people! This is a great thread to receive support!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Monday All! Was out shoveling at 5:30 this morning so I could get to the gym. Had a good workout- weights and walking today. It's a little less than three weeks to my next 5k.

Had a great weekend except for our drive home on Saturday- terrible weather. We would have stayed, but had plans for Sunday morning. I have to say after looking at the pictures, I still have a long way to go!! I have a lot of saggy skin on my arms, but they definitely need more work overall. I have been doing a lot of ab work, but I am a true apple shaped person and carry the majority of fat around my mid section. It's so hard to get rid of. It will be the last to go I'm sure!