40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the pictures, KellySue!!!!

Your daughter is sooooooooooooo very beautiful!!

Not surprising, since SO ARE YOU!! Look how svelte you look - all that effort....oh my goodness does it EVER SHOW!!

I hope you had a SUPER-good time and enjoyed every single second!!

Beautiful!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Fasting f*cks with my sleep. It. Just. Does. So, I have to force myself to stick to the 16/8, which I can do no problem (13 months into that habit....). Anything more and my sleep doesn't happen and then I am MISERABLE.

So, enough. I've learned enough, about my own eating, triggers, etc., in 2013 to do it RIGHT. It is VERY simple. Very simple....may not always be easy, but it is SUPER-SIMPLE.

Today, I lift!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    For the 8 week holiday challenge at the gym, I lost 2.8 pounds on my first week. My next weigh in is tomorrow. 5 pounds is what seperates me from 1hundred pound club. I want it so bad, I can literally taste it. In an effort to stay focused, I declined Thanksgiving invitations again this year. I will visit with family and friends after the New Year.

I strength trained for over an hour yesterday, I meet with my trainer today and take a nutrition class. Tomorrow I have a 60 minute TRX class, Wednesday I have boxing-circuit training and yoga. Thanksgiving I signed up for the 75 minute boxing-bootcamp challenge. I am excited and ready to take my body to the next level of fitness and strength.

I hope all of you select the road that works for your particular circumstances when it comes to the holidays. At the end of the day YOU hold the key to YOUR WILLPOWER and COMMITTMENT to EXCELLENCE.

Have a great day.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Not surprising, since SO ARE YOU!! Look how svelte you look - all that effort....oh my goodness does it EVER SHOW!!

Thanks Beeps! You are being too kind!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids!

Kelly Sue - thank you for posting the pictures! Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!! You looked absoutely stunning in your dress! I love the colour!! I saw one similar but it was off white. I would have bought it in a snap if I could have found it in a different colour. I actually "pinned" it and it had almost 200 repins from my board. Popular style. :happy:

We are right in the middle of a snow storm as I type this. Love it! Not too cold, and nice snow blowing around out there. Does make for crappy driving though,

It was COLD here this past weekend. We got that -27C temps you had Beeps. :tongue: Did manage to get a good workout in on Saturday morning - strong abs & leg workout and then did a 7 mile run - outside! It was slow going, but I got it done.

Sunday was perogie making day for me. I usually make a bunch before Christmas and they last a while. My youngest son usually takes most of them home with him, which is totally ok. As long as I have some for my husband every now and then, we're good.

Had my granddaughter over Saturday afternoon. It is always a delight when she is around. She always pulls out my yoga mat and we do "exercises". She particularly likes yoga. :laugh: For some reason when you suggest we do yoga she's all gung-ho. :heart:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    KellySue - beautiful pictures! you are looking fantastic and you definitely made that dress look good!

Beeps - I love how you are so self aware... it is so important for long term happiness and success.

caramel - you are doing so good with that challenge! stick with it and you'll be in that 100 pound club sooner than you think!!

I have been carb cycling for just about a month now and I am still not sure how I feel about it, lol. I may have to give it another month to see if there is any benefit to it. I have learned that the week before Aunt Flo comes, I have to just let my hormones dictate my carb intake for a few days, within reason of course, because if I try and fight it, I just go carb crazy!!

I decided to switch up my day today as well and did my incline intervals this morning and will do my lifting after work. I wanna be fuelled up for this one as I get to add weight for my bench press! =)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    endofgolo20131125_zps3097c7eb.jpg

^^^ I put my necklace back on JUST FOR THIS SHOT!! It's a post-workout "GLAM-BOOM!" shot, lol.

Yesterday marked the end of a "Global Operation Lean-Out" challenge I organized (online) - "GOLO" for short. I did lose a little bit of bodyfat, the scale went down a little bit, my tape measurements came down a bit.

That is *it* for challenges for me, for awhile. I'm really focusing on "inputs" and just following a systems-approach....so, the "outputs" just have to be left alone. That's how I want to enter 2014.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    sexy shoulders Beeps!! and awesome report from your challenge... down is very good!!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Awesome pic Beeps!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Smokin', Beeps!

So after my last two workouts (both fairly heavy cardio) I have had uncontrollable sneezing and nose-blowing for a couple of hours. Doesn't happen while I'm working out, does eventually go away, but for a few hours I feel seriously run down. Dr. Google talks about exercise-induced allergies, and it sounds a lot like that. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to start taking an antihistamine before I do serious cardio. Not ideal, but I can't really give up working out.... I'm going to have to see how the next few workouts go.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Beeps - Great picture!! Love those shoulders!

Caramel - Way to work it! I love this challenge you're doing!

WhatABroad - I have the same problem with TOM and carbs. It's gotten worse as I've gotten older too. :grumble:
    Would love to hear your thoughts on carb cycling after another month.

KellySue - You've come a long way! Enjoy your success thus far! You've earned it! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    thanks, gang!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch - dum sim....needless to say, I won't be stepping on the scale for QUITE some time, lol!!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Sounds and looks like everyone is doing well with their goals. Congratulations to all. I am working my way down. When I started about a month and a half ago, for my height (6'2") I was borderline obese. LOL never thought of myself as that. Today I am just middle down the road of overweight.

Hope everyone continues to do good.

Stan
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi All! Didn't end up getting a work out in this morning. Was feeling quite blah last night and went to bed at 8:30. While it sounds like a nice idea, I did not end up getting my dishes done and needed to do them when I got up this morning before my sweet grandson arrived at my house. I will be watching my calories close today. We will see what tomorrow holds. The weather folks are saying we are in for some nasty weather. I am in a winter storm warning area. Hopefully it will be cleared up for Thanksgiving since I am supposed to go to my parents' house and they live about an hour away from us.

Have a good day.
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today I am 45. I feel better than I have in a long time all because I chose to get healthy.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Today I am 45. I feel better than I have in a long time all because I chose to get healthy.

Happy Birthday bush!!!
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks...
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kids!

Back from vacation! Still in the clean up phase! lol Thank goodness a friend invited us over for turkey day! Little less work for me!
    ; )

You are all doing so well!

pics are great Kelly and Beeps!

I have a whole set of kettlebells for hubby and I and got us fitbit force as early x mas gift. The force is with me! lol

Pic is of my 94 yr old grandma and I.

Hope you all have a wonderful and tasty Thanksgiving!

xoxo

chelle
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    nothing interesting to post but thought I would just check in and say hello so hello
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi~

yayyyyyyyyyyy for 94-year-old-grammas!!

:)

I ate WAY TOO MUCH at lunch....a very belated birthday lunch (dim sum, yum!) with a gf!

I hope I stay FULL until Friday morning, lol.

Right now, I need a nap, which I won't get since I'm working late tonight...