40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Whatabroad- We had an issue Thanksgiving eve and I almost lost one of the rear tires. We had a missing lug nut and I could tighten two others on the same tire by hand. We, at first, thought someone had tried to steal the tire, but not the case. The studs are stripped and won't hold the lugs tight for a long time. In the process of almost losing the tire on Thursday we, unfortunately, ruined the rim on the one tire and it has to be replaced as well. My mechanic fixes vehicles on the side and only works in the evenings, but he's the only one I really trust to fix my car so I have to work on his time frame. Bummer right before Christmas, but God was watching over us and kept us from having a major accident!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Good job Whatabroad. And peronally I can do without the higher carb days cause getting my sexy six pack abs backs is enough mental reward enough. I was just wondering if it had some metabolic effect as well. other than restoring glycerol levels. And how much carbs is enough to restore them to a good enough level.

Hope you feel better Beeps.

Good luck at your Christmas party sdereski.
  • kennyjames62
    Options
    51 Male just starting out
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    My cold/not cold is still here. Not progressing. Not regressing. Just stuck. Actually, I'll take it!

No work-out today....tomorrow I have board meetings all day. Cardio on Saturday and that actually might feel pretty good!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    sorry to hear Beeps. Take ur vitamin C and get lots of rest. maybe you can sweat it out if you have the strength.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    KellySue - omgoodness! you were being watched over for sure!

Sto - well, 'dieters' run the risk of creating a reduced metabolic rate from being in a calorie deficit for a long period of time. That's why resets or refeeds are important to allow for greater chances of adhering to the plan and having energy for exercising.

kennyjames - hello! stick around =:smile:

Beeps - Boo! hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, 41 and jumping in!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cook Kids.

Another nasty storm yesterday, lots of wind, snow, ice pellets...made for trecherous driving conditions. Highways were closed.
    Christmas party was good - drank my water and ate a few raw veggies - that's it!
    It was lots of fun. The physician that organizes it, always does such a great job.

Another Christmas party tonight - this one is the dinner / dance type, so have to really plan what am going to eat...probably just turkey and salad. And of course, water in that wine glass!

Have a busy day at work, so won't have time for my workout.

Welcome paleojoe & kenny.

Beeps - I agree with sto - lots of Vit C. The two days off workout may serve well as you are battling - holding this cold at bay.

Kellysue - what a scary thought! I had a similar experience, and it is scary to think of the "waht ifs"

whatabroad - great job getting those workouts in - you are knocking them outta the park!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Did a shorter aerobics workout this morning. Better than nothing. I had an early morning meeting and didn't even get to spend much time with my little guy this morning. :frown: We are going to a surprise 25th anniversary dinner for my brother-in-law and his wife Sunday afternoon under the guise that it is a Christmas dinner. Can't wait- should be a good time! After that I have to drop my car off at the mechanic's house. Hopefully all will go smoothly. Hoping to get in a gym workout tomorrow morning though!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good morning guys! Rest day for me today, and with the weather that is good. I did get a great workout in last night before the snow got really bad. I am finally down to 174 at 5'10" so in a "healthy" range. BF is 16% down from 28%. I would like to lose another 4% BF and had to readjust my calorie count on the app. So far so good and on track to reach my goal. Keep up the hard work. The worst part for me is doing something when I dont feel like it, which thankfully isnt that often.
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    T G I F and it's even better because I have the day off work!!

paleojoe - holy crap, your ticker pic is awesome!

sdereski - glad you made it home safely last night then... crazy weather hitting all over at this time. Enjoy your dinner and dance tonight. Post a pic of you all dolled up!

KellySue - you're right, anything is better and sometimes the shorter workouts are the best! I know if I just have 15 or 20 minutes, I put everything I can into it.

jameswilson - fantastic job at getting your body fat down! are you doing anything different to get it down further or just reducing calories? Keep up the hard work!

Today is back/shoulder day for me today... after I leisurely drink another cup of coffee that is =) We have a windchill warning of -34 today so I'm more than happy to stay inside and just hit the treadmill after for a walk.

Have an awesome Friday kids!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Checking in. Nothing important to add. lol
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Can you believe that the year is almost over? We have all accomplished much during 2013:-) Met my goal weight and then some..but most importantly....I am fit and have slowed down my heart rate and lowered my BP and found many new friends with the same goals and ENJOY being in the 40+Club:-) Keep up the good and positive work:-)!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Checking in to say hello. We have had freezing weather!! The other night it was -15 F!! Brrrrrrrr!

The weather has made it a little challenging to keep motivated to go to the gym and workout, but I'm hanging in there. I have struggled with my eating as well but I managed to get back on track today. Sweets are a huge downfall for me every so often! :blushing:

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    43 y/o joining in.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    Today is scheduled cardio. The end.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Go Beeps go! :flowerforyou:
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 40+, not sure about cool, but I just got this shirt, I'm pretty proud of that. :-)
  • glendyk
    Options
    Hi I want to play. I just started again on the MFP and joined the gym on Monday so I'm in it for the long haul. I'm trying to figure out what kind of exercise plan will work for me. I'm spending the first couple of weeks building some stamina, My goal at the end of 2 weeks is to be able to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and ride the bike for 60 minutes most likely a 30 bike 30 treadmill and 30 bike plan. Not sure what I should start working on after that. Any ideas
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Hello newcomers!

Leslien - good for you for surpassing your goal!! 2013 was a great year for you then. and yes, it is hard to believe it's almost over. WOW, 2013 went by really fast! =)

haha! nice shirt never_gonna! good for you for fetting through Insanity.

Sam - such is life, it's full of getting back on track right? lol. This time of the year doesn't help; all the baking and chocolates and parties and dinners, sighhh. It's what new years resolutions are for! =)

Beeps - good to see you feeling better for cardio today!

glendyk - if you are new to working out in general, don't overwhelm yourself with too much. The best exercise is the one you will stick with! Get a feel for what you enjoy and go from there. =)

My legs are a bit sore from yesterdays 'running like RDJ is waiting for me' speed intervals. I may be in trouble for todays work out but it's mostly body weight/light weight endurance reps. Whenever my body catches up that is... ugh. I am s l o w this morning.
    I was also victimized by Aunt Flo and a bag of chocolate covered almonds last night while playing Halo until 2 in the morning! lol
    Oh well... I will get it done! Just after another coffee. =)

Have an awesome day peeps!!