40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi all! As most of you know I have been sick for the past few days. I have inherited digestive issues from my mother and have been dealing with diverticulitis for the past five days. I went to the doctor on Monday and was put on two antibiotics which have caused their own issues, but have helped overall. I am feeling much better, but not ready to climb any mountains. I have taking it easy on what I eat and haven't really felt like eating a lot anyway. The antibiotics both cause nausea- fun- NOT! The one also interacts with the one remaining medicine that I am taking for my diabetes and makes it work even better-LOL. My sugars have been fine, but are now dropping down into the 50s. I have been getting up between 4-5am the last couple of nights due to lows. I have 7 more days of this to look forward to, but to keep the pain I was in away I will deal with it. I am not up to too much exercise at the moment, but it will come. Just hoping to get through work today as it is the first day back today. Supposed to do a 5k on Saturday- we'll see...

Have a good one!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Go for it Beeps. Don't let the weather stop ya.

Great job Princess.

Sorry to hear Kelly, hope you get better soon. And let us know how the 5K goes if you are able to do it.

By the way, I have a testimony of my own. My new profile pic sums up the journey during my first 60 days.

Stan
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    i got my lifting in-and-done - BOOM!

Wow, PrincessofRed - those are AWESOME results!! How did you measure your bodyfat %??

KellySue - this doesn't sound like *good* news....I'm glad you're under a dr's care and I'm really glad you are taking good care of yourself.

Stoshew - your pictures also look really, really good!

Can you IMAGINE how GREAT it is going to be going into 2014 in such GREAT health and in GREAT shape!?!?!?!?

I mean, seriously, now it's just the "fine-tuning"...how AWESOME is THAT!?!?!??!
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Okay I just found your board. And although I didn't read all 13 pages of posts... this looks like a fun place to be. Y'all seem like an extremely supportive group. I can't wait to read on! Have a good Wednesday!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps and Stosh!

Beeps- It's the scale a Fitbit Aria. It wirelessly connects to the computer, has all your stats in a web page, stand on it barefoot. Hubby says tech terms bioelectrical impedance . Sends electrical signals thru your body and as long as you are well hydrated will give correct body fat and weight of course. So no calipers and such lol just a simple scale! ; )
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to get to the gym tomorrow. I have been home alone with the boys for the last two nights so tomorrow its game on!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!

Does anybody have a good website or online resource which might be able to help me 'prioritize' my wants/needs for 2014??

....and I'm not just talkin' about fitness/health goals. Kind of the whole "how am I spending my time and is this the way I REALLY want to be spending my time" type stuff.

I feel like I'm in a "slump" and I would really like to have a 'game-plan' (for my life....) going into 2014.

Anyway, thought I'd ask here!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Welcome Dawn.

Thanks Beeps!

Do great things James.

OK! Today will be a busy day. Quick check-in. I have a work related Christmas party. AND I am going to Logans tonight to celebrate my cousin's birthday. Yikes. Double whammy in 1 day. I will take EXTREME Caution!!!!!!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Beeps. hmm.... I depend upon Outlook to tell me what I need to do. lol

Just add in a bunch of appointments and Outlook gives me reminders. My Android phone can be set up to do the same. The Calander feature.

Other than that, I am not sure.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Feeling a little better everyday! Yeah! I am also excited because I get my Jeep back tonight. I am borrowing my brother-in-law's van, but it is definitely not the same! Still having issues with low blood sugars during overnight/early morning hours- 57 today!! When my sugars are too low, I can't exercise as much because they drop even lower. I even tried eating a small snack before I went to bed last night- which I almost never do. (kitchen closes at 8:00 for me!) It didn't help. I have to go back to see my doctor on Monday so we'll see what they say when I go. I have a long weekend this weekend coming up- How's that for a schedule- Monday, Tuesday off, work Wednesday, Thursday and then have Friday and the following Monday off! I have Jake tomorrow. If the weather is nice we may take him to the mall to see Santa. The first visit didn't go very well. On Monday my mom and I are going to go shopping. Should be fun!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Hope you get that blood sugar thing solved Kelly. Do you have like a piece of fruit or 2 before exercise? That should spike it up.

Well tonight I have a daughter daddy dinner date. :-)

Tommorow, I have to do my long outdoor run of 6 miles. if I can do more, I will try. Then I have to do the upper body weights that I will be missing tonight. Then legwork then abs. Then whatever else i have to get done for the day. then a Christmas parade in the early evening. LOL

My day yesterday went very well considering that i had the Christmas party and Logan's last night with my cousin. I was good on both occasions. I may have ate a lil too much sodium is the only thing, but no big deal since i will be careful with that for the next couple of days and i will get plenty of running/sweating in. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Stan
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy weekend to all!

I get to lift, today....and then tomorrow am in various court-pursuits (meaning, my kids basketball and volleyball games!) all day!

Sunday we have company coming and then my daughter has an ice hockey game Sunday evening.

I only have 8 more days of work and then a 5-day BREAK! YAHOO!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options
    Good morning all. Got a good work out in last night. Tomorrow I get up early and go weigh in, hopefully I will be near my target. Tonight is a cardio only night, so I hope to get in about 4 miles. Hope you guys have a great weekend!
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    New here. 44. Diabetic/Cardiac. Bald. And awesome.

Kid comes home from school tomorrow, can't wait!

Tonight is triceps/chest. Well, last night was, but I missed it. Tomorrow is leg day - squatting 4 sets of 15, that's 104 for the first two sets, then 114 for the next two.

Goal is weight loss and overall health. Cardio every day. Strength training 4 days a week.

The food struggle continues: yesterday I was good with the food, and last night I took waaaay too much of the wrong insulin, and had to eat practically all the sugar in the house to keep from going into hypoglycemic shock.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options
    Welcome Mitch.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    welcome mitch
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids,

Kelly Sue - sorry to hear you were so sick, but glad that you are on the mend.

Chelle - awesome job! I was wondering how you were dropping weight like crazy....while on vacation! :laugh:

Sto - great results! Congrats.

Welcome Mitch.

Beeps, I too use outlook...if that is what you were asking for?? I would be lost without it.

I've been MIA from here for a few days. Have been busy each night this week.
    Diet has been good, despite the never ending Christmas gatherings. Why can't I do this all the time?
    Worker out on Wednesday and am still sore!
    Another dinner and Christmas party tonight and dinner / dance tomorrow night. I love Christmas, but the eating can be horrendeous. So, am really trying to stay focused and not eat the crap!

Bitter cold temps here today (-37C with the windchill).
    Our highways finally opened today after being closed since last Saturday! I don't recall them ever being closed that long in one stretch in my lifetime.
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Hey cool kids! It feels sooooo good to be working out hard again! Best part is doing a Childs pose and my tummy/chest is really on my legs, and I can pull my knees into my chest to stretch! ; )

I was so sore yesterday I took a break but back at it today! Hubby took great delight in chasing me around the house grabbing at sore muscles to hear me say ow! lol Men!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

xoxo:flowerforyou:

Chelle
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and those who have to dig themselves out of the snow, do so carefully! Better yet stay home and build a snowman and make snow angels! ; )

I was having a tough time sorting thru some things after talking to my Dr/hubby and doing my own reading on PCOS and Insulin Resistance, so i wrote in my blog if you care to read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/princessofredrock

I am putting the finishing touches on my outside x-mas lights and planning for New years eve party.

My hubby wants to plant palm trees in the yard when we landscape next year, so I figured I would give him palm trees, coconuts and grass skirts! Yup! Gonna have a luau party on New years eve! Should be lots of fun! Made sure all who are invited know that Hawaiian dress is required! woo hoo! ; )

I am also revamping our bar area to make it more tropical! Found some great wall decals that look like a window looking out onto the beach. I will put up pics when I am done!

Take care cook kids and keep it rocking!

xoxo

Chelle

Oh if anyone wants a supportive, fun and active friend feel free to add me! ; )
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hey - nope, I wasn't looking for a daytimer calendar....lol....more of "what is my life all about and how can I squish in more stuff that I like because it's pretty hum-drum overall...."

Anyway, I found some resource-recommendations on another forum!

Congrats on all the weight-loss success around here! Nicely done!

I think I'm going to squeeze in 4 work-outs this week - so NONE of them will be "bang 'em up shoot 'em down" style, but medium-weights and medium-effort!

Next week, I'll be lucky to get in 1 work-out....I'm trying to think ahead, a bit!