40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I didn't get a chance to do my upper body weights last night so I had to fit it in today with everything else I did. I had a men's dinner last night. Good news is I had a lot of salad and only a half bowl of the chicken stew and a bowl of the chili. Stayed away from the crackers and the dessert table.

Today I woke up n did my 6 miles and PR timing. 1 hour and 14 seconds. Very excited. I came a long way.
    I later on did all my weight training, upper, legs, and abs.

I think today was a good day. Have a Christmas party n gift exchange (Dirty Santa) tomorrow. Hope I do good with my eating. December is a huge challenge.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Leah, 43........well........44 on Monday, I can't believe it. Wanting to lose 90-100 lbs. I'm going to the gym mon-fri doing the elliptical and weights because it's the easiest thing on my horrible knees. Just started having knee problems the last year and am getting desperate to get this weight off and feel healthy again. I've gained 100 lbs over the last 10 years and know soon I will have worse complications if I don't get this done.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome Leah!

Am just sitting down. Worked around the house for 12 hours straight. Barely had time to eat...ate "lunch" around 5 p.m. as I housecleaned.
    Got most of the house cleaned and decorated. Just have to get the tree up.
    Hosting a "spa day" tomorrow at the house.

Hope you all had a great Saturday.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday morning everyone!

Nevergoingtostopme - Great work! I've heard that is one tough program!!

Stoshew - Excellent work! Keep it up! I have several work parties this week and I'm just going to do the best I can. We'll see how it goes. This is a tough time of year for sure!

Welcome Leah!

WhatABroad - Aunt Flo attacked me too and my only weapon was a chocolate bar. Or five. Hoping to get back on track today or tomorrow. The cravings seem unbearable for a short time and then "poof" they're gone.

Have a great rest of the weekend gang!
  • 100over
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Do you guys have a weekly weigh in day or do we all just do our own. So far mine is Mondays. Scared for tomorrow.....af is looming over.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new people!

Not a good weekend for me! I have been sick all weekend! Yuck! Still not feeling well today- my stomach is really hurting. I will be going to the doctor in a little bit. Had trouble sleeping last night because of this. Unfortunately no workout for me today.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Welcome Leah.

Thanks Sam! I'm trying. lol I had a slight bump last night but it could have been worse. I consider it a victory. Sundays are always bad because it is my rest day and no margin for error, and on top of that I had a Christmas party. But I am doing great on my running this morning.

Sorry to hear Kelly. Hope you get better.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    Today, I lift!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau and was stuck. Finally realized I had to adjust my calorie intake to get down further. At 174 I had to cut to 1300 calories to lose the additional 4lbs. Still running every other day and working out on the days I dont run. It was a little bit of adjustment, previously at 1684 calories. I think I have made the adjustment now as I am not hungry all the time. I feel like I am making good progress and proud of my pictures now. :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Exercise update:

1. Saturday was regularly-scheduled cardio....although I couldn't make it through the class. Too tough and my endurance has reduced since focus is on weights. Still, got in a nice stretch after and a lovely jacuzzi! I'll take it.

2. Sunday I met up with another Venus from MYcity at my gym! We didn't do a Venus work-out, but I did rip some pages out of my July, 2013 Oxygen magazine and we did a "weight-plate" workout. Since neither of us had ever done this work-out before, it was pretty fun! And, still hard work....nice to have company at the gym. This has happened ZERO times since the 10 sessions of personal training expired.

3. Today, back to regularly-scheduled weight-lifting. I'm still sore from yesterday, but I felt really good at the gym today. I can tell I'm going to be REALLY sore, tomorrow!

BOOM!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Happy Monday! Anybody have tips to motivate for exercise in the cold weather. All motivation has been sapped. What's worse is that I'm in Las Vegas and our cold temperatures aren't half as bad as the rest of the United States (with a few exceptions of course).
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan beeps.

Happy Monday LVCeltGirl. Sorry about the cold. I hate going out in the cold too. I just do treadmill and lift inside. But this past Saturday I braved the cold and did a 6 mile run. It only was cold for the first mile tho. :-) I do need some gloves with the fingers cut off cause my hands were the coldest part of my body for a while. Luckily I have thick padding on my headphones to keep my ears warm. lol

Just do it and don't think about it too much. :-)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah!

Beeps - that's awesome to have a workout buddy. My guy does plyo workouts and runs with me... when it's nice out. well, I run and he rollerblades. I've even got him to do some yoga! It's great to have someone to push you a little. =)

LVCelt - ummm, try living in Northern BC. Was -34 last week!! It has warmed up to -12 this week so I will be happy to get back outside. I think if you really enjoy something, you don't need to much motivation to do it. =)

I did run on my treadmill this morning and will get my lifting in after work... it's chest and arms day! Can't wait =)

Have a good one kids! =)
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Too much ice on the roads here to run outside, made it to the gym tonight. Got in 62 minutes and 719 calories. Bad news for someone, the car in front of my Jeep had the window smashed out when I came outside.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all:-) Happy Birthday Leah! I remember 44 :-) It was good:-) And Kelly..I hope that your are better!! And for all those that are freezing..I sure hope it warms up for you!! I live on the Gulf Coast so it is muggy and warm...hoping for some cooler weather soon! I would like to turn off my AC:-) !! Got in a quick race walk & a upper body and core workout....can't wait for that burning core feeling tomorrow:-) better chase it off first thing with some yoga:-)
    Been making Christmas crack...toffee, chocolate and such...lucky for me my hubs ate almost all the first batch and tomorrow I am giving this 2nd batch to my kids!! Why do friends introduce you to the best candies when you are trying to avoid them?? Jus sayin'! :wink: oh well....it is a good lesson in self-control and portion size:-)
    Enjoy your time this week!!
  • 100over
    Options
    Thanks Leslie.....great job today!
    Nice quiet birthday and I asked dh not to get a cake......so I did really good today. Craving popcorn right now though....ughhh
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Whose birthday??

Leah? (I can't figure out who that is...)

Anyway - happy one!

No work-out today, but my weekly calorie-budget is in check, so I'm comfy that I'll have a very good weigh-in day, tomorrow!

BOOM!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Happy Birthday Leigh. Mine is Sunday. The big 42 for me.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have to trudge through ice-and-snow, but I am going to the gym, today. I know I'll feel better for it and besides, it's "weigh-in Wednesday", so I might as well go see what's going on....
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids! Looks like everyone is doing so well! Yay!

So busy this time of year! I know you all are too!

My 40 days are done! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/princessofredrock

check out my blog for the results!

I get back to my exercise today! woo hoo! lol funny how much you miss it when you are not allowed to push it hard! 40 days was a long time in that respect!

I may not get back in here till after the holidays! Hubby may bring the in-laws out, and we are putting a new a/c-heat pump on the roof this weekend! lol Super fun!

I wish you all the best and merriest of Holidays and an awesome new year too!

xoxo

chelle