40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! It is my rest day, but I think I may walk at lunch. It is bright and sunny and Lord knows we could all use some sunshine!!! I have a busy day ahead so I need to make this short, but hope you all have a great day!!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    to echo KellySue's sentiment... Happy Hump Day!!

alf - you get to wear the "BEST zumba instructor ever" crown!! how awesome to get all them girls giddy =)

We got a huge dump of snow yesterday, was insane and thank goodness it was the pight fluffy stuff so shovelling wasn't a *****. Was -27 on the weekend and is -4 today with expected RAIN by Friday!! geesh, strangest weather this year everywhere isn't it?!

Did some awesome barbell complexes this morning to pump up my day. I am looking at houses as well and have 3 showings this afternoon... hope one of them makes me excited enough to put in an offer!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Beeps - Mexico!! perfect time to go isn't it? bring out the bikinis!!

No. Just no. No. Not me. I've never worn a bikini....ain't gonna start now! In fact, I'm using self-tanner like it was going out of style so my GHOSTLY WHITE NORTH CANADA skin won't BLIND peeps!!

Beeps, that is exactly how I feel. I have never worn a bikini and never will. Am not real comfortable in any bathing suit, to be perfectly honest.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Canada is just kickin'-*kitten* at the Olympics - WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Go Canada Go!!

Oh yeah! :drinker:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello cool kids,

Am back from our long weekend away. We had an absolute blast in Quebec City. The Winter carnival is certainly an event and I loved every minute of it! Quebec City itself is just too pretty for words, but then add all the fun stuff going on, and we were on the go from morning til night.

I did pretty well food wise. Weight was up yesterday when I weighed myself but am sure that was because I had not had any water on Monday! This morning, weight was exactly what it was before I left.
    Back to regular diet & exercise.

Did my strength training workout this morning - damn! It doesn't get any easier. :tongue: Thank goodness it is only approx. 30 min. This morning it took me 35 minutes to go through my workout. Was moving a little slow when I first woke up. :laugh:

Another freakin' winter storm happening out there today. Supposed to be worse tomorrow. Agh! Beeps, as others have said - perfect timing to get away to Mexico. I know I was in Florida a few short weeks ago, but it feels like a lifetime ago already.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    sdereski - I am not very comfy in swimwear, either...but, I am MORE comfy in swimwear than I have been for the past decade, I guess. Actually, I was REALLY comfy in swimwear when I was pregnant!! Didn't mind my big belly in my one-piece(s) and went to water-aerobics as much as I could!!

....you know, I REALLY should be more comfy in my body!! If I could be THAT comfy, when I was heavy with child, gosh-darn-it, I should REALLY LOVE my well-performing body, now!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........
  • KellySue67
    Options
    ^^ there should be a like button for comments like that! :bigsmile:
  • sdereski
    Options
    sdereski - I am not very comfy in swimwear, either...but, I am MORE comfy in swimwear than I have been for the past decade, I guess. Actually, I was REALLY comfy in swimwear when I was pregnant!! Didn't mind my big belly in my one-piece(s) and went to water-aerobics as much as I could!!

....you know, I REALLY should be more comfy in my body!! If I could be THAT comfy, when I was heavy with child, gosh-darn-it, I should REALLY LOVE my well-performing body, now!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Exactly! Despite our size and fitness level, we should be comfortable in our bodies for gosh sakes! Like you, I am not comfortable in my body. Am working on that.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hubby and I went for a snowshoe behind our house after work yesterday. We were out for over an hour. Good workout! We ended up snowshoeing into the dark. :happy:

It's DH's birthday, so prepared dinner for tonight and will have my son and his family and my MIL over.
    Will have to try and fit my workout in at lunch time. That will be a first for me! the plan was to get up early and get it done, but we both slept in. :laugh:

Thank goodness it's almost the weekend. I need to sleep. :yawn:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - yes, THANK GOODNESS it is almost the weekend....except, unannounced, my husband's mother and step-father have landed, from UK, in our province!! They are staying with his sister (in a different city....) for a week....but want to drive up to see us.

Ugh.

I'm exhausted. I just want to go watch the Olympics and help my son with an L.A. project AND get ready for my trip.

Sooooooooooooo, I am putting my foot down and indicating they can come for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) and they can expect ZERO ENTERTAINING. None. I'm soooooooooooooo tired and I just want some time to decompress while enjoying the Olympics.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    The week is almost over!! Yeah! I have a long day today. I had Jake at the house this morning and then had to be at a meeting by 10:30 and it is our performance night and I have to work until about 8:00 or so for that. It just makes for a long day. I slept a while longer instead of working out. I have my food logged for the day already and I am under my cals. Hoping it stays that way!!

Have a good one!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Wow Beeps - they arrived unannounced? That certainly is a surprise. I love having company, but sometime, I too just want my own space, time to just veg.

I've been so busy, I really haven't had much time to watch much of the Olympics. I sit and listen to it on CBC radio while at work. One of the docs in our clinic also is doing some daily trivia fun stuff for the staff.

Got my run at lunch time! :happy: That's a first for me. Am busy after work, so glad this worked out, as it was only a short run today - 30 min of cardio - max!

One of my friends is leaving for Mexico tomorrow. He goes every year as well. Really want to make it there one of these years.
    Where abouts do you go in Mexico Beeps?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't know how "unannounced" it was....meaning, my husband didn't know anything about it....but, his mother usually stays with hubby's sister, in other city - so, maybe hubby's sister has known for some time (even a week or 10 days, for eg....) and never bothered to tell my husband.

This year, we are going to Akumal, Mexico - it is on the Cancun side of Mexico, near Playa del Carmen. Apparently Akumal is where the best snorkeling is, and that is how we want to spend our days.

I have NEVER been to the Cancun side of Mexico....so, this will be A TRUE ADVENTURE, for me!

BOOM!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

I can relate to this. Even when I was lower than my goal weight I never felt comfortable and there was always that "if I could lose 5 more lbs", I would love to have that body back now. As I have gotten into my forties this is something I am trying to appreciate; where I am now even if it is not perfect or where I want it to be. I try to focus on one thing that I like about myself and feel the peace. We never know what tomorrow will bring and if I am lucky enough to live another 20 years I might think the body I have now is incredible!:smile:
  • ruby70
    Options
    I was surprised by my husband today with 1 dozen long stemmed roses for an early Valentines Day and a box of Rocky Mountain Chocolates delivered to my office. Hmmmmmm, I had 2 of the chocolates and skipped my usual afternoon snack and watched my calories close for dinner. Got in 30 mintues of incline running/walking at lunch & I stayed under my calorie goal for the day. Yipppeee:drinker:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy V-Day cool kids!

Ruby, how sweet of your husband, and good job staying under your calorie goal for the day which included some chocolate. That's how it's done!! We can enjoy a treat or two, but we need to be careful what else we enjoy that day. :wink:

Long day yesterday. Dinner was good and I did not have any lasagna or cake. I had eggs, salad and fruit salad for dessert. Despite all that, and getting my cardio in, I was up a pound this morning. WTH!? :sad: :noway: Maybe needed to drink more water??

Slept in this morning for my workout, so will have to get it done this evening. It's only 30 minutes, but damn it's hard!

Hope you all have a day filled with :heart: and :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Haha! It is finally Friday!! Yesterday was a long day and it was snowing like crazy on my way home. Yuck! I was up by 5:30 to shovel this morning which took me about half an hour and then the snow stopped and I decided to go to the gym! No weights today- I felt that I did enough lifting with all of the snow I shoveled! Hubby has a bit of a cold so he skipped the gym today, but he's thinking that he might go tomorrow.

Came in to work and had to clean up from our performance night last night, which had a much better turn out than I expected- wasn't sure how many would come out due to the weather. Extra chairs put away, tables put back, everything cleaned up and did a bit of clean up outside to get rid of some slushy snow where everyone comes in.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    2316bl.jpg
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Wow! Where has everyone been this weekend?!! Having all kinds of Valentines fun, RIGHT?! I had a good weekend. Went to Billy Beez indoor playground with my grandson and my daughter. We climbed, crawled, and slid for the afternoon. Then Jake ended up staying overnight with us because they were putting down new floors in their house and it was a mess. Too much fun! Ended the weekend with a little housework and grocery shopping!

I had my initially meeting with the wellness director at the gym. We talked about goals and set a couple. I will meet with her again Friday to go through some of the work out stuff that she is setting up for me. She will be setting up three different workouts- one that focuses on strenght, one that involves cardio, and one that uses interval training. Should be challenging. I've heard that she is tough.

Have a great Monday all!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Hello Everyone.
    Kelly Sue - that sounds fabulous with your wellness director. That will be great to get a plan in place and then implement it. I would love to have a coach.:smile:

My weekend was okay. I did not do as good as I would of liked on eating and staying under my goals. Valentines Day and then I had a baby shower I attended for a friend of mine with more tempetations along with the "winter blues" was enough to set me into a downward spiral. It could of been worse but it could of been a lot better too. I did accomplish a 4 mile run/walk on Saturday at least along with some upper body weights. My biggest challenge seems to be the consistency. I had been so strong for 2 weeks. I am back strong today and staying postive that over time it will come off. I just wish there was a magic pill or something but I know there is not.:grumble:

I really need spring to come ( as I look out my window we are getting about 6 inches of snow today).