40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    I will be leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning (have to be at the airport for 6 am)....so, don't know if I'll be back to post here over the next little while. Have a GREAT time, 40+ club, while I'm away and, without a doubt, I'll be back here Wednesday, Feb. 26th.

BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I will be leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning (have to be at the airport for 6 am)....so, don't know if I'll be back to post here over the next little while. Have a GREAT time, 40+ club, while I'm away and, without a doubt, I'll be back here Wednesday, Feb. 26th.

BOOM!

Have an AWESOME time!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, QUE LA PASES SUPER BIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta practice your Spanish!!! LOL Have a great time!!!! :drinker:

I weighed in this morning, up 2lbs, will attribute it to eating out and water retention. :laugh: :wink: Wont sweat it...and ate out again today and off tomorrow from work so...My husband and I are planning on going to the rodeo. We enjoy walking around and looking at the exhibits. I gotta wear my Cowgirl boots. Teaching Zumba tonight!!

Have a great evening!! :flowerforyou:
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps - have an awesome time in Mexico!!!

Alf - the rodeo sounds like a blast. I used to live in Texas and miss the rodeos! I also miss the sunny weather.:glasses:
  • ruby70
    Options
    The dreaded weigh in took place this morning and was up .6 ounces. That is okay I will have a better one next week. I am still down and moving in the right direction from when I started.

I did really good yesterday on calories and workout. I was thinking about buying a work out DVD Chalean Extreme? It is a weight work out. Anyone tried it? From what I have read it has gotten really good reviews.

Have a Great & Productive Tuesday Everyone!:wink:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Ruby, I highly recommend Chalean Extreme!!!! I have done it several times. I am going back to it after I am done with the program I am doing now. You will love it.

The weather here has been great lately. Low in the 60s and high in the 70s/80s, please those in the east coast, don't hate us. :laugh:

I did my workout this morning. Prepared a delicious smoothie with whey protein, kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, coconut oil and a banana. It was yummy!!! Soon will be going to the rodeo!!!

Have an awesome day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Alf- We'll try not to be haters! It is a bit warmer today, but windy so it seems colder than it is.

Did aerobics this morning since my grandson came over this morning as well.

Tomorrow I have to go to have my biometric testing done for work. We do it annually. I am a bit apprehensive, but also kind of excited because my body fat % was 40 last year and I really want to see where it's at this year. I'll keep you posted!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    All right- Where is everyone???? Other than Beeps- we know she's enjoying Mexico!!
    I don't know if anyone watches Spongebob (my DH and grandson are loyal fans), but there is any episode where the whole town leaves and goes on vacation from poor Spongebob- Hmmm!

Any how, I told you I would keep you posted about my biometric testing today. My BMI has dropped from 40 last May to 34.5. Now, still considered overweight, obviously, but still a great improvement!!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Trying to get motivated in this weather, but it is difficult. It is a warm snap today at 23 degrees! We are on vacation from school for the week and this week was supposed to be my jump start back to healthy habits after being sick and overeating. I am back at the gym - four out of five days this week - and it feels great, but the eating....I am NEVER going to fit into my spring and summer clothes the way I have been going. Argh. The key for me is logging daily and eating lots of veggies, and adding 200 - 300 calories on work out days so I don't overeat the next day. I am starting there.
  • Momjogger
    Options
    All right- Where is everyone???? Other than Beeps- we know she's enjoying Mexico!!
    I don't know if anyone watches Spongebob (my DH and grandson are loyal fans), but there is any episode where the whole town leaves and goes on vacation from poor Spongebob- Hmmm!

Any how, I told you I would keep you posted about my biometric testing today. My BMI has dropped from 40 last May to 34.5. Now, still considered overweight, obviously, but still a great improvement!!
    Awesome job with the BMI!!! It is so much harder to go down one point on the BMI. Fabulous!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Kellysue, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Keep up the good work!!!

kpedersen, don't get discouraged...slow and steady!!! :drinker:

I prepared a spinach salad for lunch and now I find out there is a spinach recall in 39 states including TX. I cant remember the brand of the one I bought...I am eating my lunch now and trying to avoid the spinach. :grumble: :angry: hopefully that helps until I get home and see if I need to throw away the rest.

:flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!!

Sorry Kelly Sue, we had a long weekend in Canada and I did not login to the forums at all. Then yesterday got away from at work.

Congratulations on the great BMI decrease! That is amazing.

I had a pretty good weekend diet and exercise wise. Took Sunday off of working out, but did housework. Prepared for my B&B guest which arrived yesterday.

Ran 5 miles on Saturday and Monday, I went for a good snowshoe with a couple of girlfriends. Good workout....lot's of climbing. :happy:

Alf, a spinach recall? I had better check our spinach to see where it comes from. Much of our produce comes from the USA.

Beeps - have a wonderful time in Mexico! I'm jealous!!! :laugh:
  • ruby70
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Kelly Sue -Awesome on your BMI dropping down that much:flowerforyou: You are inspiring. Keep up the great work.

Sderseski - snow shoeing sounds like great exercise! Way to get outside and make winter fun.

Kpederson- you can get your eating back on track. Just really focus on your portions and eating good foods. It is really amazing how much we can eat when we eat the right foods. I am amazed at how fullfilling some of my meals are and still around 400 calories. I am not sure how much fish you are eating but if you are not try to incorporate fish twice a week. It is very low calorie. I love Salmon.

Alf - How was the rodeo? Were you able to stay away from the tempting food? Those are always the things that get me.

I ordered the Chalene Extreme workout and the bowflex adjustable dumbbells. All should arrive by Friday. I am so excited. I am starting the 90 day program on Monday. Since I quit the gym (due to distance from my home and work) I have really missed getting in a good weight workout and this is supposed to do it. I am ready to PUMP it up. I want a better body by Spring and that is my mission:smile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    sdereski, here is the link to the article. Check it out!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/spinach-recall-taylor-farms-e-coli_n_2687967.html

Ruby, WTG!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: And you really went all out!!!! Bowflex weights and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo excited for you!!! I love love love that program. Follow it as recommended, continue eating well and you will be on your way to a stronger and hot body. You will see!!! hmm makes me want to join you!!! I also have the bowflex adjustable weights, they are amazing!!! I bought them after I started ChaLean, once I got stronger it didnt make sense to keep buying individual dumbells so I invested in the set plus the rack (I got both at the military store). I sold all my individual weights, from 5lb sets to 25lbs.

The weather was nice at the rodeo, in the upper 70's/low 80's. I did my strength trng program in the morning and had a nice smoothie before I left the house. Over there I had a turkey leg, some fries from my husband's catfish basket, water, fresh lemonade without any sugar and spicy pecans. I bought some kettle corn but for my son. Yes, temptations were EVERYWHERE but I didnt give in. It is amazing how powerful your mind can be when there is determination. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! Can I hang with you? :)

I am a 40....something-ish living in the so so so chilly Boston, MA area (Spring can't get here fast enough). Mother of 4 age range from 7.5yo-20yo. Today is day 10 for me on MFP, just getting my bearings and working on creating good habits. So far so good. Looking forward to many more good days!!

My goal - good health first - good body next :)

I have been at it since Jan 2013 on my own and have managed to abolish 21 pounds so far (sw 169. cw 147.8. gw 135) of course I had a set back last summer and just rebounded this January. I came to MFP because I wanted to consort with like minded individuals that have similar goals.

If you made it this far through my story - TFL - I look forward to learning from/with you and sharing the journey!
  • KellySue67
    Options

I am a 40....something-ish living in the so so so chilly Boston, MA area (Spring can't get here fast enough). Mother of 4 age range from 7.5yo-20yo. Today is day 10 for me on MFP, just getting my bearings and working on creating good habits. So far so good. Looking forward to many more good days!!

I have been at it since Jan 2013 on my own and have managed to abolish 21 pounds so far (sw 169. cw 147.8. gw 135) of course I had a set back last summer and just rebounded this January. I came to MFP because I wanted to consort with like minded individuals that have similar goals.

If you made it this far through my story - TFL - I look forward to learning from/with you and sharing the journey!

Welcome! Come hang with us- we're pretty fun! I live in Central NY so I can sympathize with you about spring!!
  • ruby70
    Options

WELCOME!!!!!!!
  • Momjogger
    Options
    Thanks ruby70. I eat fish but go through stages. I like shrimp. My favorite - salmon pan seared on top of sautéed spinach and garlic with balsamic crème drizzled over the top. I buy progresso, because reducing balsamic stinks up your house.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Welcome Nice. I am in Northern Ontario and am so over winter!!! However, it is not done yet. apparently, we are currently in a major storm watch as we are expecting our worst storm of the winter that will bring with it 12" of snow. :sad:

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it may be because I am buried in the white stuff, trying to dig myself out.

Got my 6m run in yesterday. yay me!! Longest non race run since early December. I have been really struggling, but yesterday's run actually went pretty well. :happy:

Got my strength workout done this morning and have a 3m run to do after work - if it's not storming yet.
    Bridge tonight, so another long day.

Canadian ladies are currently curling for Gold against Sweden at the Olympics....GO Canada! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Thursday! It's bright and sunny here, but I woke with an unpleasant headache this morning. It does seem a bit better now, so I think I might walk on my lunch break. Not much else going on in my neck of the woods today.

Have a good one!