40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Will be finished the c25k running program in 2 1/2 weeks. Just signed up to run my first 5k-The Shamrock Shuffle on March 8th

faytwain, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: I really miss running. :cry:

:flowerforyou:
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Will be finished the c25k running program in 2 1/2 weeks. Just signed up to run my first 5k-The Shamrock Shuffle on March 8th

That is great! This is one of my goals too. I plan to try a 5K this summer. Good Luck.:smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    faytwain - fun 5kms are PERFECT - ENJOY!

One week until Mexico - will get 4 x lifting sessions in (M/W/F/M) and 2 x cardio (tonight and saturday). Drinking TONS of water to keep bloat at bay and will be limiting my salt all week, too!

BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks!!! Had a good weekend- it was productive to say the least. Hit the gym today. Some weights and cardio. Day 2 for Hubby! Yeah!! Shoveled at home this moring and then got to work and had to shovel here as well, UGH! I was planning on possibly walking at lunch today, but it really depends on how the sidewalks look. I walked Friday and it was great, but today on my way here from the gym I almost fell at least a half a dozen times because there is so much slippery slush. Hopefully it will be better around noon time.

Have a good day!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Everyone is doing so awesome!

Beeps - Mexico!! perfect time to go isn't it? bring out the bikinis!!

KellySue - that's fantastic for your hubby! and for you as well, it's hard to watch loved ones spiral down.

fay - you're gonna rock that 5k! and it will be the first of many!!

I was actually thinking that a sunny vacation in the dead of winter would be a great Christmas gift for my girls and I so I have started a savings plan for it and am dedicating my flight rewards for the year. I usually use up my flight rewards on short haul trips 3 or 4 times a year but I have only used 1 last year and am not touching them this year, just have to make sure they don't expire.

It's a very much welcomed day off work, Family Day here in BC today, YAY! No work but plenty of things to do, getting in a interval run is one of them!! I layed around in bed all day yesterday and am stiff and sore today... what's up with that? lol, thought the body appreciated a rest day! =) I did do 90 squats with my daughter though... she decided to do the 30 day squat challenge and asked me to do it with her, couldn't say no to that.

I've had a few challenges over the last couple weeks and it has set in motion a few more challenges upcoming but I firmly believe it is during these times that we really see what we're made of. Yesterday was a bit of a pity party for me, I felt like I could have ate everything I put my hands on but I stayed out of the kitchen. A couple years ago, I would have just taken a bottle of gin or vodka with me and drank away my worries. I know I am not that person anymore and never will be again!

Today, I am going to do something good for me. At this moment, all I know is it's going to start with a good sweaty run!!

Have an awesome day peeps!!
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the positive energy I see here! Thanks to everyone for the injection of "YAY" to my spirit.
  • KellySue67
    Options

I've had a few challenges over the last couple weeks and it has set in motion a few more challenges upcoming but I firmly believe it is during these times that we really see what we're made of. Yesterday was a bit of a pity party for me, I felt like I could have ate everything I put my hands on but I stayed out of the kitchen. A couple years ago, I would have just taken a bottle of gin or vodka with me and drank away my worries. I know I am not that person anymore and never will be again!

Today, I am going to do something good for me. At this moment, all I know is it's going to start with a good sweaty run!!

Have an awesome day peeps!!

Whatabroad- good for you for not resorting to your old ways. Hope things iron themselves out for you soon! Sending hugs to you.
  • Beeps2011
    Options

Beeps - Mexico!! perfect time to go isn't it? bring out the bikinis!!

No. Just no. No. Not me. I've never worn a bikini....ain't gonna start now! In fact, I'm using self-tanner like it was going out of style so my GHOSTLY WHITE NORTH CANADA skin won't BLIND peeps!!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Whatabroad - You are kicking *kitten*! 90 squats, that is cool. Good job for pulling yourself back up from yesterday. Today is a new day. I missed you posting the last few days, it was good to hear from you today. I always enjoy your posts.:smile:

Beeps - You should think about the bikini, you have worked hard to get your body in awesome shape. I know you would totally rock it. :drinker: Mexico sounds awesome. I am jealous.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Well, made it out for that walk at lunch time! It was much better than it was this morning! Cold but bright and sunny- NICE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ruby70 - I guess some folks are comfy in bikinis....i sure am not! I'll leave it to the 20-somethings and the teens to sport that fashion statement!

KellySue - I'm jealous of your walk!! It remains so gawd-damn cold out here! But, Mexico will have me walking the beaches as much as I can.
  • ruby70
    Options
    Beeps - LOL I know what you mean. I will leave the bikinis to the twenty somethings too. I will only be able dream of beaches for now. I hope you have a fabulous trip:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am excited! 8 more sleeps and five more workdays!

Un scheduled cardio done - ZOOM!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi All! It's a cold Tuesday here. I had trouble getting out of bed and getting motivated this morning, but I finally did it and got in an hour of aerobics this morning. Still dragging, but tomorrow is a rest day for me- Yahoo!

Have a great one!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Canada is just kickin'-*kitten* at the Olympics - WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Go Canada Go!!
  • KPMP1992
    Options
    43. Never been over my ideal weight by more than 10 lbs., but as soon as I lose them, they keep showing up again! On the treadmill now. :-D
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening!! =)

Ruby - thanks, I was missing catching up in here too!

Beeps - cmon, you'd rock a bikini and probably look better than lots that wear one now!! The countdown is ON... it just might be the longest 8 days ever!! lol

KellySue - way to get up and at 'em this morning!

I slept in yesterday morning, which of course screwed up my sleep last night, midnight and still awake, so I did not drag my *kitten* outta bed this morning to get a workout in... sighhh. I will keep my intake incheck today tho... I will apply volumetrics to break my fast, lots of yummy baby carrots and cucumber while making dinner!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    whataBroad, paying attention to my sleep habits was THE biggest way for me to add quality to my life. So, it's become a pretty ingrained habit at this point....above all else, I need 7.5 hours of sleep, per night, to function well. At anything.

3 more workdays this week. 1 next week. Then Mexico!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!! What a busy day yesterday was!!!! And today will be about the same...

Beeps, you sure are excited about your trip!! Have an awesome time!!!

Getting ready for work. Having my Zumba valentine's party tonight. I'm bringing bananas, oranges and dark chocolate covered strawberries for them. Also door prizes, they get all excited. LOL

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    alf, when a cardio instructor of the classes I attend, shows up with "gifts" for class-attendees, it IS A BIG DEAL!!! The women SQUEAL with delight, lol!! I'm glad you're doing something fun for your zumba attendees....nicely done!

BOOM!

I am getting more and more excited about Mexico....I still have a busy week and weekend to make it through, but even the weather, after today, is SUPPOSED to start a warming trend here - which always helps. We've been stuck in a deep freeze for going on 3 weeks, now....NO FUN.

Today, I lift!