40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi all.

I've spent the morning shopping and running errands, and now I'm going to spend the rest of the day cleaning house, doing laundry, and getting my weekly cooking done. Tomorrow I rest..hopefully.

We went out for lunch today at Red Lobster. My Dad and I usually go out for lunch somewhere on Saturday's. I had salad, chicken and brocolli.

Better close and get to my chores. Have a nice day everyone.

P.S. These flowers were outside of Lowes today and I just had to snap a pic. Love all those colors!

jf7g8j2or2am.jpg

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!! The veteran's parade went well. The weather was perfect!!!

Larro I hope it's nothing serious. Take care!

Mygn the shower looks great. The cake OMG!! What do you guys use to post the pictures?

Have a great evening!!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Hello!! The veteran's parade went well. The weather was perfect!!!

Larro I hope it's nothing serious. Take care!

Mygn the shower looks great. The cake OMG!! What do you guys use to post the pictures?

Have a great evening!!!

Getting up and down is the worst. But Margie slathered me with Icy Hot when I got home and I was able to do 30 slow minutes on the Gazelle. Still over on calories for the day, but a lot closer than before.

The easiest way to post pictures is to post them to a photo sharing site first. I use Face Book, but there are plenty of others out there like Photo Bucket, etc, ect. Once you have the picture uploaded to your sharing site, click on it to bring it up to full size, then right click and select "copy image irl". Then come over here to the thread and put img between these two brackets [ i m g ], But without the extra spaces. Paste the irl that you saved, then type /img between the same two brackets like this, [/ i m g], but without the extra spaces. I will post my salad from last night so you can see how I did it. Just press Quote, and you will see how it's done.

Hope this helps,

Larro

10347535_837090049669453_7186793528051730872_n.jpg?oh=9efea64520de9ea917ee7d45d9fddfa4&oe=54E66053&__gda__=1428050667_ceac25d16f3966a719137960559c0686
  • mygnsac
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I find it easier now to just click symbol above that looks like a piece of paper, click on "Choose Files" and then select your picture wherever you have it saved on your computer/device.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I find it easier now to just click symbol above that looks like a piece of paper, click on "Choose Files" and then select your picture wherever you have it saved on your computer/device.

That works too. I still post to my original WFS???? thread over on the tractor site, plus on FB, so this way is easier for me.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

My hip is much better today. I was able to do my full cardio this morning. It sure felt good to work up a sweat. I'm off to work in a few minutes, so got to go.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Larro
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope everyone had a great weekend.

I am extremely tired and have no idea why. Since it was nice today, I washed and waxed my car today. I did not work out this weekend other than a walk.

Larro I am glad your hip is better today. When I read the post, I was worried.

Mygnsnac--The photos of the flowers are so rich and pretty. Glad you had a nice time with your dad at RL.

Alf-- glad the parade went well. I am sooooo overdue for a really nice slice of cake with almond ice cream and a glass of almond milk to wash it down. Sheesh I hope all of that fit in my macros....(lol)

Welcome to all newbies.....Hope you stick around.

Has anyone talked to Emmaloumom? She has been MIA for a bit.

CG--A new bike, man I am sooooooooooooo jealous and excited for you. Nothing more exciting than seeing female bike riders. My turn is coming.

Beeps--Lifting lifting lifting.....

KellySue--I know you are busy with packing and preparing to move. Are you having a yard sale for things you do not want?

I am turning in early as I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I am off now to prepare my food for tomorrow.

If I forgot anyone, forgive me.

Have a great night.
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part of this group. I've roller coasted too long and need to develop healthy fit habits that are life long.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Morning Kid's!
    This weekend was super busy/crazy. Cooked tacos the other night. After taking shells out of the oven and turning it off. I had my first fire! Element went bad and was arcing. ***Future reference a fire extinguisher didn't work. Ended up having to unplug it. Luckily we were able to buy a replacement and fix it on Sunday.
    Now I've got to take our "Torkie" to the vet. He seems to be feeling unwell and doesn't want to go up stairs at all. Just kind of laying around. :(
    Re-gained and re-lost those last 2 lbs. again over the last few days. I really dislike when that happens. I need to stop getting on the scale so much.
    This time of year always gets so stressful with the upcoming Holidays. I try not to let it get me down but it often does.
    Anyway I'll check back later. Need to try calling the vet.
    Sorry no personal words/encouragement today.
    Carmel- Was wondering about her too...
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's Monday morning again!! Friday was a rough day for me. Hubby is having more kidney problems and they are setting him up for an ultrasound this week. I also found out that every time he is transported to an appointment from there I get charged(insurance doesn't pay for this) 190.00 plus mileage- YIKES :unamused: He's too far away for me to take him and at this point he has to be transported on a stretcher as he is still unable to sit up all the way and he is still not walking. OMG!!! What else can possibly happen! I left work a little early and spent the evening with my grandson and my daughter which made me laugh, so it was good. I ran three miles on Saturday and went to all of my events and went to see my husband in the evening. He was happy to get some real food from my son-in-law's family!! Sunday after church I did some grocery shopping and then came home and cleaned my bathroom ceiling to prepare it for painting- I have a few cosmetic things to take care of at my current house to get it ready to sell.
    I did make it to the gym this am for my workout today. This is production week at work so it's going to be totally crazy here. All the more important to make sure I get the workouts in to keep my sanity!!

Caramel- I was thinking about a yard sale, but with moving coming so soon and the weather turning colder here it's not great yard sale weather so most will probably just go to good will at this point.

Welcome to all of the new people!! Have a good day all!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Anyone use a c25k app? Which one, there were multiple ones in the play store.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

KellySue, sorry to hear about your husband's setbacks. With all you have going on, if you ever need another job, you can always join the circus and be a juggler. I don't know how you keep so many balls in the air.

Jane, an electrical fire is scary. But you did right in not pouring water on it. Too many people have got electrocuted by doing that.

Caramel, when your burn numbers came up on my news feed I just about sent you a PM to make sure you were alright. A walk for you is like laying on the couch all weekend for most people.

tmbg & Wildflowers, welcome.

I had to abbreviate my lifting due to lingering back pain. {I did do full cardio though} But my hip is as if it had never hurt. Crazy thing. For 24 hours I was in pure hell. Getting in and out of the car was so painful. I'm sure I looked like an 80 year old trying to get my butt down to the seat.

I'm catching up on watching a couple of Doctor Who episodes this morning. I have 6 that I need to record from the DVR to a DVD. I like to fast forward through the ads, and just haven't found the time to do it yet.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

KellySue, sorry to hear about your husband's setbacks. With all you have going on, if you ever need another job, you can always join the circus and be a juggler. I don't know how you keep so many balls in the air.

:lol::smiley: Love it!! A juggler in the circus!! I would probably enjoy it more than the job I have now!!! Thanks for making me laugh Larro!!

• mygnsac
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

It's a beautiful day. Sunny skies, light breeze, low 60's right now and up to mid 70's later. I know the weather will turn colder soon, so I'm really appreciating what we have now. My friend back east always laughs at me when I tell her I think it's cold when it's in the 40's and 50's. The ground where she's at is already starting to freeze and they had their first snow yesterday. I guess I'm just a wimpy CA girl.

It was a busy weekend. I did a lot of housecleaning (there was so much dust from that bathroom remodel), laundry, weekly cooking, cleaned the garage, grocery shopping and other errands, groomed the cat...who loves being groomed and the dog...who hates being groomed, washed the car, etc. I did manage to squeeze in a short nap yesterday though.

I made a big pot of pink beans (cooked with crushed tomatoes, beef stock, carrots, onions, garlic salt and basil) for our weekly "pot of something," hard boiled a dozen eggs, made some cashew milk, and roasted a bunch of veggies (butternut squash, small red potatoes, carrots, and brussel sprouts). I love tossing roasted veggies into my sandwiches. They add so much flavor.

Our office is closed tomorrow for Veteran's Day, so it will be a short work week for me. I guess a lot of people took today off for a long weekend because the commute to work was breeze.

KellySue, I'm so sorry that your husband is going through all of that. Larro is right, you seem to be a master-juggler.

Larro, I hope you are on the mend now. It sounded so painful! My dad's back and hip went out on him about a month ago, it was probably one of his worst episodes. It's better now, but he's still not aces, and is still having problems getting in and out of a car. I suspect he needs a hip replacement, but he doesn't want to contemplate that right now.

Kate, I hope your Torkie is ok!

Better close and get back to work. You all have a great day today! :flowerforyou:
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I forgot to mention that Margie bought herself a bike this weekend. And if she likes this one, she is going to buy one just like to keep in town. She has a lot where her parent's house burned down that is right on the trail where her and her friend walk. She wants to have a shed put on the property and keep a bike there.

I'm thinking of buying a new one too. My old bike needs two tires, and it won't be that much more to buy a new one. This is the best time of the year to buy bikes. The new ones will be coming in for Christmas and they have to get rid of the old stock.

Larro
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids...I hope all of you are well and in good spirits and had a great weekend.

Welcome all newbies. They come and go so fast, I can hardly keep up. For those of you who stick around you will find we are a very nurturing and caring group. Just chime in. We do not bite unless it is requested (lol).

Larro--You never disappoint. I am glad you saw my burns were minimal. I walked the dog on super slow mode and was too sore to do anything else. My trainer is taking it to me and I love her for it. I would not have it any other way. Glad you are recovering. Your feeds still show so much activity. You are showing no signs of let up and I love it.

KellySue--Larro is right you are juggling a lot and still find time to keep us posted. You know I have such a soft spot for you and admire your strength and courage in the face of so many trials and adversity. You are my SHERO for sure. Hugs to you.

Kate-I hope your Torkie is ok. In terms of the scale, I have decided to do once a week because it fluctuates too much for me and I do not have the tolerance. The feel of my clothes and the inch loss is more of a gauge for me.

Well it is Monday and you know I have extreme fit tonight. I am ready to be tortured. I have down almost 2 liters of water already. My new nike pants came in the mail today and I can fit a size medium. Hot DAWG!!!!!!

I really have to stop eating these colosal vegan chocolate chip cookies. 480 calories for one but it fits in my macros and I cut back my food portions to accomodate it...

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    The pictures are great!

Larro....weird about the hip, but glad it is working just fine. ZOOM!

KellySue - yikes at the transport costs!! Oh my!

caramel - is it superfit class for you, tonight?

I haven't worked out since thursday. Odd for me. And my sleep is sucky....which means it is time to get back to my regularly scheduled gym days! But not today....too many meetings.

It is -25 out with the windchill...i want to stay home!
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Today will be a write off, as I'll be spending it in hospital with my wife who's undergoing surgery. So will be indulging in crap food and energy drinks. I'll TRY and go and have a salad or pasta while she's in theatre, and I'll TRY and go for a run tonight when she's back on the ward, recovered and I know she's ok (she doesn't react well to anaesthetic), but I'll likely blow the day on crisps and chocolate. I will be reading inspirational stuff while she's out though. Got Chrissie Wellington's autobiography on the go again on my Kindle, and have also got Runner's World, 220 Triathlon and Men's Health mags to read. Up way too early, couldn't sleep through worry. Not that worry ever solved anything.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    47 going on 17 here. Run, cycle, lift weights, ride motorbikes. Lovely wife, we MFP together. Just found this group, what do we do, just shoot the breeze about what we do every day?

Awesome, welcome...glad u can join us
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    47 going on 17 here. Run, cycle, lift weights, ride motorbikes. Lovely wife, we MFP together. Just found this group, what do we do, just shoot the breeze about what we do every day?

Awesome, welcome...glad u can join us