40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good morning 40+ers. It's a beautiful day here and I've already worn out the dog for the day (how did we get to the point where I now want to walk more and the dog wants to walk less). I'm a little frustrated to have been at 200.2 to 200.6 lbs for the last 10 days - can't see to get that magic 199 on the scale. Hopefully this week gets me over the hump.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    the most strenuous thing I intend to do today is MAYBE not hurt myself at the Asian buffet. I might take the pup on a short hike later...after my weekly food prep. we did just over 8 miles on trails yesterday.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @Kikiiiii
    Welcome! What a great idea for rewarding your good choices, and it looks like the lessons were a great success. Beautiful photos!

Good luck with your A1C. My mom constantly worries over hers. I know she thinks about it with every bite of food that she puts in her mouth.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well if lounging in the sun counts as exercise I've been busy today! Last day of vacation, enjoying!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Amsterdam!

dbre4aar9o6h.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today is a long travel day home. Greatest vacation EVER! (Also the longest holiday I have ever had!)

Once-in-a-lifetime.

Back to reality tomorrow.....and likely jet-lag. Will re-boot my gym membership on wednesday.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE! been a while...missed that...
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning Cool Kids!
    Beautiful day here on the Redwood Coast. Locally we don't have any smoke, though there's lots north, south and east of us. The weekend was great. Lots of yard puttering on Saturday. Sunday we took the kayaks fishing out to sea. We spent over 5 hours catching 5 black rock fish. One grilled for dinner with chopped peach, lime juice and cilantro (mmm!). The others bagged in the freezer. Love hunting/gathering. The tribe survives!

Beeps, thanks so much for sharing all of the pics along the way. It truly was an epic vacation!
    G3G, how do those tris feel after the break? Mind tend to get sore if they've been ignored and then hammered.
    Furballs, enjoy!
    Katharmonic, I know exactly how frustrating that is. I've been trying to cross into the 160s for a loooong time. It's crazy how sometimes you just get stuck. Giving up isn't an option though. Hang in there.
    Kikiii, welcome. Great lighthouse shots, and a good reward system!
    Today I'll head back to the gym for the first time in many weeks. I also haven't been bicycle commuting for awhile. I've been struggling with some neck & upper back issues that my exercise regime was aggravating. I'm going to ease back into the strength training very gently, and strictly adhere to the new exercises from the chiropractor.

Have a great day everyone.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well back to reality. Hit up Kickboxing tonight. Getting a bad muscle spasm/cramp in my chest from the ligament injury. Wish this would go away!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    G3G, how do those tris feel after the break? Mind tend to get sore if they've been ignored and then hammered.
    P90X doesn't "ignore" tris...just hammers them a different way. I DID get to go heavier yesterday, so...they're a little sore today. :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS. DONE. YEESH!!
  • SheridanWild
    SheridanWild Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite Post, I'd love to join you all :smile:

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    I made it back to the gym this morning. Was nice to myself and did all of my chiro-prescribed routines as well as my regular strength training. Went pretty good. This neck-pain issue has been going on since June. Sure hope the new routine works it out.
    Welcome home Beeps!
    Good job G3G.
    Furballs, I totally get it! Enough with the injuries and aches already!
    This is the fourth day I've done I/F, aka not eating before noon or after 8. It's 9:40, and I'm bored and fidgety. A little hungry, but not bad. Knowing I can eat normally in just a couple hours takes the anxiety out of it, so still a doable habit. I'll check the scales on Friday and let you all know how it's going.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Successful cleanse day yesterday. Was going to attempt a 2 day cleanse, but was so hungry this morning. I will try again next week.

3 mile run done yesterday! Have officially started my 1/2 marathon training. I registered for a race as a way to get my butt back in gear and on a regular schedule. It will be nice to be able to go out and run 10 miles on a whim again.
  • 3furballs
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Curious, I'm curious to see how the IF works for you. I'm currently trying to eat between 9am-8pm. Eventually I might try and get to 10am-8pm.

Went to kettlebell tonight. Have to day I felt weak. Can't lift as strong as usual on my right side, but I got it done!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    You guys. I made it. 199.2 lbs at my weigh in! I'm under 200!! Woo-hoo.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    back & bis=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Off to lift for the first time in about seven weeks. I am lifting the next three days in a row, so won't push anything, today.

I don't want DOMs. I want my muscles back, though!

BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Back from traveling so I will be able to control portions and calories. But with traveling almost 3 weeks of the last four I kept my weight even. My goal was just maintenance and I made it.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    You guys. I made it. 199.2 lbs at my weigh in! I'm under 200!! Woo-hoo.

Well done.