40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Spending the next several days helping to run the US Chess Federation National Junior High championship tournament. Lots of hours, little sleep, and not enough exercise. At least I have learned how to eat correctly at these things.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 10 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!! WooHoo! My kickboxing class was cancelled last night so I went to the bounce house with Jacob- not really sure how to calculate the calorie burn for chasing a two year old through the bounce places and climbing, crawling, sliding and, of course, bouncing! Fun times! I think I probably cancelled out any calories I burned because we had to go to the FroYo place after- my grandson loves those little popper things!

I told you I would post pics of the waterfalls and was finally able to load them to my computer the other night so here they are:

d0kree225c5s.jpg
    s196nbdva4v5.jpg
    5p2gyhmukmhq.jpg

Alishaspeingle- pretty flowers. Looks like it was a great day to walk through the botanical gardens. We have had rain here for the last three days. Not solid, but enough that it makes walking outdoors wet!

No workout today- it's my long day, but hopefully back at kickboxing tomorrow. Also, thinking about getting my gazelle out of the closet and using it in the mornings. I have gained some weight with all that has been going on lately and I need to really get back on track now that my hubby will be coming home.

Have a great day all!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    On a related note, this weekend's walk was 3.25 miles through the botanical garden. Azaleas, dogwoods, cherries, and camellias in bloom.

f7mss7xyu6qq.jpg

How neat, a hanging garden.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and would like to join in...trying to learn about eating clean, I want to lose at least 52lbs by the end of the year!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Great photos!

Even the upside down one.

No workout for me, today. Rest day.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • larrodarro
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    Also, it is official!!! He is coming home on Saturday!!

tumblr_mo2s897EKg1r5o411o1_500.gif
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Hooray Kelly Sue!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Morning workout: ripped in 30 week 1 video and a mini challenge with another group, plan to do an upper body lifting session this afternoon.

Have an awesome day!!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Love all the pictures! Specially the flowers. I told my kids this past Friday and Saturday was summer, sunny and 23. Told them Sunday and Monday were fall and now we're back to winter! High of 4 today and I saw some flakes out there.

Home from work today and got into Kickboxing. Hoping to get in gear and get some baking done. Decided to ignore the cheaper time of use for hydro and try and get all this flippin laundry done! I know, I'm a wild and crazy gal.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Love all the pictures of flowers and waterfalls. Makes it feel like spring even though I just walked Kali in flurries. :/

No running today. Was out for an hour walk at work picking up garbage and delivering flower seeds to the houses in the neighbourhood. Just put a ground turkey meatloaf into the oven, it will be joined soon by some baby potatoes with rosemary. Yum. Yum.

Feeling really great. No feeling bloated, no more knee pain or migraines.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Afternoon workout: upper body lifting and core work. Hoping to go swimming tomorrow! Haven't been in the pool since before my trip. I joined the gym to use the pool and I only swim once a week. :( I'm thinking about canceling.

Jackie, glad to hear you feel better!
  • alf1163
    Options
    hpyr0rug9b63.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    I told my kids this past Friday and Saturday was summer, sunny and 23. Told them Sunday and Monday were fall and now we're back to winter! High of 4 today and I saw some flakes out there.

Our low was 54F and I'm ashamed to say that I did do a little complaining about the cold. Please forgive me.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I got home from work in time to lay out a few soaker hoses in the garden. Even with all the rain we've had the last two weeks, after skipping a couple of days, it's already drying out. Saw little green beans on the vines. Won't be long now.

I soaked in a very hot tub last night and my tailbone/hip is much better. I can even walk without a hitch in my giddy-up.

mpr50ucvxokx.jpg
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Larro I am so jealous! Spring just wants nothing to do with us. Then again my hubby was telling the kids about the one time we went camping for May 2-4 (Victoria day, think it's the third Monday in May)and it was sleet and snow when we setting up! We're in southern ontario so it's no where near as bad as up north, at least there's no snow left on the ground.
  • tashiros
    tashiros Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 46 , pretty new to map but I find it helpful when I can chat with fellow dieters :) I have kept me weight off for awhile now but still have food issues at times of stress. Always need support
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, the hanging garden was right side up to me. You all need to stop walking on the ceilings!
  • cancervixen
    cancervixen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Hope, people call me Hopie. I'm 44 years old. I'm battling cancer for the 3rd time now. I am 5'3 and I'm wanting to lose 20-30 pounds. I have a genetic condition called Von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome. VHL syndrome is an inherited disorder characterized by the formation of tumors and fluid-filled sacs (cysts) in many different parts of the body. I am married to a wonderful husband and artist and have a 13 year old that shares the VHL condition with me and unfortunately suffered a stroke because of it. I'm very excited to have found MFP and the club to help get back and stay in shape and to make new friends. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Morning Kiddies !
    Just checking in. I'm still alive. Still maintaining.
    Just saw the weather report. Noooooo back down to the 20's tonight. Enough already. We were hoping to start planting this weekend.

Larro- I'm so envious. Question for you ( A friend started writing a column " Fanatical Botanical " for the newspaper ) Do you plant cover crops during the dormant season ? In her column she stated you needed to till the soil less and plant something like clover or so forth while your garden is dormant.

Kelly Sue- I'll continue to pray for your hubbies recovery. I was really hoping to see he was coming home soon.

Welcome newbies !
    I'll check back later.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 11 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Game Day"=Done! soccer ball juggles were..."awkward". used the pull up assist when needed. other than those...was tough, but not impossible.