40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Larro, has it dried out there yet? How's your garden holding up?

I will be MIA some more over the weekend. Our kayak club has a 3-day event starting tomorrow, so I will be paddling a LOT for the next few days. It's whale season, so I hope to get some great wildlife shots to share with you all.

After about three days of no rain, I had to use the soaker hoses. I'm on a sand hill and it dries out in a hurry. I transplanted a row of chili peppers after work today. Also saw the first squash/blooms today.

Have fun on the water. I'm going to hit the river as soon as I can find a free day.

4xl919b6p90w.jpg

I love the baby squash, keep posting the pics, It is uplifting to us who are coming into the next season soon. It is supposed to be nice here next week, in the 60's

Kellysue - good luck with your husband coming home this weekend, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Good Morning to All of you, I do not have time to individually post. Keep up the great work and determination!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    kfodt8zbv2wf.gif
    Happy Friday gang! I am so so happy! Tomorrow I get to bring Hubby home! Yeah!! Grocery shopping tonight to get a few of his favorite things.

I went to kickboxing last night and I sometimes feel like my body does not want to cooperate with me. We were doing planks with the bosu ball and bringing our knee to the opposite elbow during the strength portion and I could not get it together! But... I did make it through everything else! I also went and ran some intervals this morning and did legs and abs.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    KS, I'm excited for all of you!!! I also know how hard it can be with the transition and adjustments. I thought it was hard to have my dad at the hospital for 28 days after his stroke, I literally lived in the hospital. But it was much tougher when I brought him home, especially a 2 story home. Hugs!!!

Larro, thank you for the tips on gardening. You are an inspiration!!!

Rainy day, luckily I'm home. Workouts: ripped in 30, mini challenge and lower/core work. Might get on treadmill later or use housecleaning as my extra workout. Kids out of school so my son and granddaughter are home with me.

Happy Friday!!!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Morning everyone!!! Sounds like everyone is doing well.
    @alf1163- so sorry to hear about your daughter's best friend! So tragic!
    @cancervixen and @toadhunter911- welcome!!!! :)

Thank you darling!!! It's very suspicious to me though especially after hearing what happened. I really hope they are investigating. But she is still gone and the kids are without their mother. Very sad...
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I lifted HEAVY today!

Weighed first and FINALLY got my SWOOSH!!! I am down 4.2 lbs for the WEEK.

Ummmmmmmmmm.....can we all say "BOOM!", please?!??!?

So, I am about 3 lbs away from my May 21st goal, I am 7 lbs away from my June 17th goal. And now these goals are all completely achievable and I will be at a really awesome weight come the beginning of trip to Europe in July.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi!

I lifted HEAVY today!

So, I am about 3 lbs away from my May 21st goal, I am 7 lbs away from my June 17th goal. And now these goals are all completely achievable and I will be at a really awesome weight come the beginning of trip to Europe in July.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BOOM!!! B):grin:

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. Woke up to a little bit of snow coming down, it didn't stick, but I was surprised it was snowing. My daughter has had a cousin over for a few days sleepover during school vacation, and my son went to visit his Nana for a sleepover. I am heading to town in awhile for a much needed haircut and meeting my husband for dinner somewhere. I haven't had the best week for eating well and excercising. I need to get back to business here. My working out in the raspberry patch made me feel like I was hit by a bus, so that was the start of my lazy days and then it all went downhill from there. I did get back on the elliptical today and am eating better. I also somehow didn't log for a day and lost my 90 something day streak. I have a guild sewing day tomorrow at a friend's house with a pot luck, so it should be a nice day, even though our weather hasn't been good. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and continues to do well.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi!

I lifted HEAVY today!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BOOM!
  • alf1163
    Options
    BOOM SHAKALAKA BOOM!!!!!!!!

And now, tell us what you are doing!! Specifics please!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    I am fasting daily , Alf. But that is my "norm". To keep my calories ultra-low during this cut, I decided to have one protein bar for lunch and one protein bar as an afternoon snack. A normal-portion supper (I try to skip the starch, but don't always succeed), and I permit only one night, per week, of food in the evening.

Week one I had brutal hunger battles.

Week two and three I have had nearly constant headaches (and munch on Tylenol a lot right now...), and am not sleeping well.

A few more weeks of brutal-cut will result in the physique, i want, for summer.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BOOM!!!!!! B)

Alf sorry to hear about your daughter's best friend. Horrible news!

Well broke down today, spent all morning with a box of 50 Tim Bitz sitting on the counter in front of me... Had one. Realized how sweet they are. Didn't even enjoy it. Came home excited for the weekend, supposed to be nice so I was going to clean up the three flower beds in the complex. The Landscapers cleaned them up. :( Oh well I'll work on mine in the back yard and Kali will go for a couple of runs. Sundays is supposed to be 45 min.

Welcome to the newbies. Looking forward to being inspired by all of you as well. This is a great ground for that.

Have a great night everyone!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh no change in my weight this morning. Still just shy of 11lbs down.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I just rolled by 12 hours for the day, and could be here up to 4 more. It's a lockout for a wedding, and they pay a flat fee for the day and can stay until midnight if they choose. But I've been reading and listening to old concerts on You Tube, so can't claim I'm overworked. I did take a break to walk a little bit. I only had half an hour in the garden before work, so I needed some cardio.

The numbers for the week:

21.1% Body Fat
    24.0 BMI
    171.6 Pounds

That is a gain of 0.7 pounds for the week. Not too shabby.

Hope all of you have a good weekend,

Larro

{Speaking of You Tube} In the words of Young Mister Grace, you've all done very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N4t51IVQ5M
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. No loss, no gain. And it is starting to get old. Oh, well - I am drastically increasing cardio, so we'll see how it goes. :|
  • cancervixen
    cancervixen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I took 6,000 steps today, 15 minutes of rowing, and trying out the kettlebell workout for beginners tonight. I am however having problems with sodium..I look at salt and retain fluid. I've always had this problem. When I weigh in the morning, I always weigh heavy because I'm so swollen and then the fluid gradually comes off during the day..should I weigh at a different time?
  • alf1163
    Options
    Beeps, that sounds very brutal!!!! I've done 24 hr fasting once and some 20:4 but always eat at least 1200-1500 during my eating window. I love to do 16:8 and that is my norm lately. It works for me a lot!!!! I was shocked that I was able to do it while on vacation and Iost a pound?!?!?!? 10 days in Miami and 8 day cruise eating food/desserts drinking. Impressive!!!

Cancervixen, I think you can weigh anytime is convenient for you as long as you make it consistent, that way you get more accurate readings.

Good night!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Larro, so long since I watched Are You Being Served? Used to love that sous
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    We have 900 Kids through grade 9 from 35 different states playing chess here. Two rounds done. Five to go.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Riding the storm with my granddaughter! Science lesson!!!!ni5ko6i5p87z.jpg
    tjk7tr2vsjs8.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Day: 12 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!

great job! You are on a roll. I know that program is very intense. Any luck we will get before & after photos?
    thanks. I, sadly, have NO idea how to post pics on here. a while back there was a group posting their dog's pics...and I just couldn't figure out how to do it. I has "the dumb". :(