40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    I cardio'd yesterday. My scale weight popped up. Frustrating!

I am yoga today,lifting tomorrow.

BOOM!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    12km row, today: 1:01.4
    Same distance, 2 days ago: 1:01.6

Just 0.2 seconds difference, and I wasn't even trying.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    awinner_au wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    It was a balmy 19C yesterday.

"Sydney weather: cold front brings shivers" That's an actual headline from today's paper, its 19°c today. :smiley:

Wore extra clothing for my walk to the Gym.

:D LOL!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Tarak15 wrote: »
    Count me in! I am 44 (going to be turning 45 in July) and I have about 60 pounds to lose. I hit the gym about 5-6 days a week (mostly at 4am). I have 2 active kids and I am ready to shed this weight. The working out is going great but I have not been seeing much weight loss. Trying not to get discouraged.

Don't be discouraged, introducing exercise may make your scale stand still. Go by 1) how do your clothes fit? and 2) how do you feel? Do you feel more energetic? Happier? Healthier? Those are good goals too. Lastly make sure you are lifting weights, you need to build and maintain muscle mass tho help burn the fat. A good balance of weight training, get some pointers from a trainer if possible to make sure your form is good, and cardio is the best plan. Make sure your calorie intake is reasonable and watch the carbs and sugar, those are the things that mess us up as we get older.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids, Inferno done. Today's class was mostly cardio. Nothing but sounds of huffing and puffing. Have a wonderful day kids.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 46 years old, two young adults (18 1/2 and 20). I've been training and eating clean for the last two years - maintaining 108 lbs. I train at least 5 days a week (mainly lifting which I <3 ).
  • farminated
    farminated Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 41. Retired Air Force. I spent most of my adult life being paid to work out on the regular and stay fit. Then I got sick. Turns out sometimes it IS Lupus!! At any rate, after a few long term rounds of prednisone, I found my 5'4" frame toting around 190 pounds. My doc took me off the prednisone and I instantly dropped down to 175, where I've been stuck for about 2 years. I don't like being 175. It's hard on my joints and it's hard for me to enjoy simple things like playing with my dog. So, I joined a gym, got a personal trainer, and found MFP. Best moves ever!! I'm down 5 pounds with very little effort or thinking. I only have 40 more pound to go before I hit my "ideal weight."
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Pilates X"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - Nothing like some cardio to start your day off right!

I'm feeling pretty good lately, since I've been following a plan created for me by a registered dietician who is a professional bodybuilder. Over the last 3 weeks, I have dropped 8 lbs. My goal is to drop about 12 more lbs, which would put me right at my college weight of 172.

The trick will be to see if I can continue this eating plan as my training volume ramps up.

Looking forward to a decent weekend here. I'll head outside for a 3hr bike ride tomorrow. On Sunday, I'll get to do my first actual run since starting my leg rehab work after the last race. I've been itching to resume running. After that, my crazy training partners are threatening an outdoor swim in 58 degree water. I'm hoping that maybe TmacMMM can fill in for me, since she has already started her outdoor swimming season. :)

Stay Cool, Kids.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    @Djproulx -- Lol! I'll pass, thanks. One polar plunge per season is all I can manage. I'll wait until June. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    no X3 today. BEAST instead. heading up in about 40. :p

g4dnzkgz5ssl.jpg
  • diamondawg76
    diamondawg76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would also love to join, but don't know how lol :/
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Cardio today. ZOOM!
  • misciej
    misciej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a cool kid.. 42, running my 2nd Half Marathon tomorrow. My goal for this is to finish, I am a slow runner. Starting next week I am going to do t25, as well as running a few times during the week. I know my running will improve as I lose more weight. I am still obese, but just pounds away from being overweight! Down 22 pounds and loving the results!

Have a great weekend and enjoy whatever activity you have planned to keep moving on!!!
  • __TMac__
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1 million meters rowed! The seasons ends tomorrow, so I just barely made it.

• Djproulx
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    1 million meters rowed! The seasons ends tomorrow, so I just barely made it.

Congrats!!! that's some awesome work!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    misciej wrote: »
    I am a cool kid.. 42, running my 2nd Half Marathon tomorrow. My goal for this is to finish, I am a slow runner. Starting next week I am going to do t25, as well as running a few times during the week. I know my running will improve as I lose more weight. I am still obese, but just pounds away from being overweight! Down 22 pounds and loving the results!

Have a great weekend and enjoy whatever activity you have planned to keep moving on!!!

That's really great - keep working at it. I started just like you and took about 20 minutes off my time over two years. Now ready to try to break two hour mark.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done! sore today...
  • Djproulx
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done! sore today...

Did you "enjoy" the Beast??

• KimberleeAnnHenry
    KimberleeAnnHenry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join. Used this app a few years ago and list a out 20 pounds. Left the discipline, and gained some back...could REALLY use some help.