40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wanna play with the cool kids. My 24 & 26 year old think I'm cool (now) as do my grandchildren. And people have said I look too young to be a grandma. I've done Zumba with my daughter so I must be cool, right?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    All >40 people are cool.

Well, to me they are, anyway!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Only 2 more work-outs in Phase 1 of Venus Index. I would like to purchase the "immersion" program that VI offers, but I am on a "spending freeze" right now - exercising 'discipline', in all aspects of my life, really helps me exercise 'discipline' on the eating front! So, I'm thinking I'll start NROL4Life next week and then, when complete, I can go FULL IMMERSION with Venus Index. Thoughts??
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Well Beeps, am not familiar with Venus index, but I do enjoy the NROL4W, Was not aware that NROL4W had different workout regimes as well.
    I too am currently on a spending freeze. :laugh:
    I like how "exercising discipline" in all aspects of life helps with...well, all aspects of life. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Oh yes, there is a whole SERIES of "New Rules of Lifting"....I've already done NROL4Women and NROL4Abs. I have NROL4Life sitting on my desk - and am reviewing it to determine if it shall occupy the next 8 weeks of my life.

I've also heard that Lou Schuler now has a "Supercharged" book out there - haven't heard any reviews on it yet, though.

I'm cool with the "spending freeze". I'm compliant, lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think my work-out streak ends today....I have dentist appointments for myself and my kids, so that eats up 2 hours right there....meaning, my work-out time, for today, is zero.

It's okay.

I'll start my "new" streak tomorrow! And hope for a longer streak this time!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I survived the dentist.

The end.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What's going on here? IS there a sing-in sheet?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No sign in, just keep posting....
  • beckstar41
    beckstar41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ohh I just make it I'm 41!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi. Finally admitting I am in my 40s - 44 next month!! I feel cool! Just got back again into a fitness lifestyle these past couple of months. Had fab success about 9 years ago doing Power90- precursor to P90X! And since it worked for me before - why not do it again?! Feeling tighter, but weight is stubborn and ticking me off. Oh well - just enjoying the inches gone for now. Nice to meet you all.

I love your before and after picture!!! Way to go!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I miss lifting heavy and being in a steady program. :( Tend to jump back and forth from programs lately...life gets in the way. I am really hoping when I come back from PR I can start on a program again, possibly NROL.

sdereski, glad you feel better!!! yeah!!!

Beeps, you are doing awesome!!! Have you ever been back to the other site from last year's challenge? I've been wondering if they are doing it this year. I am pretty sure it is too late to join.

:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi Alf!

Yep, I'm in a 6-month ladies challenge over at JP Fitness Forum. I actually did the 2 x 6-month challenges last year. Heck, I came in 2nd in the July - Dec, 2012 challenge!

So, now I'll aim for "first", lol!

I'm also in a February streak challenge here at "NROL4W" group - it's already the end of week 1 in this 4 week challenge!

And, I'm in an UNCONTEST (8 weeks) at Venus Index forum. I think we're into week 3 of that.

I *like* challenges - they hold me accountable - which, for me, is KEY.

Today, I lift!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I love challenges myself. I am looking for a good diet challenge with a lot of active members. It seems a lot of people drop from challenges too quickly. :laugh:

I totally forgot to check with the JP forum. Do they have another one coming up?

:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't think so....even though Schuler came out with "Supercharged", there doesn't seem to be tons of new activity over there.

But, you can do a "shadow" challenge, if you want! Do it here or there.....just jump into the 6-month challenge, but make it 5 months! It's all ladies!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Wow! Seems like forever since I've been on here.
    Had a busy, but fun weekend.
    Curled in a curling bonspiel Friday and Saturday - played 3 games and then lost out. Had tickets to a great concert last night. Had a great night out with some of my gal pals and ended up having a bit too much wine, so couldn't drive home (I live a ways out of town) so had a little sleep over at my girlfriend's house.
    Managed to get my long run in today - did 18k! First long run since July!!!! It was slow, but steady. I'll take it. :happy:

Am really hoping to get to the weight gym tomorrow to lift. It's been about 2 weeks. :noway:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm glad you had a great time at the bonspiel - I find curling fun to watch!
  • sdereski
    Options
    No workout for me yesterday. Went to visit my granddaughter and played with her for a while. :happy: She is really starting to talk and already knows her colours, shapes, alaphabet and she's only 19 months old! Her mother is a primary school teacher, so she does all this fun stuff with her

Didn't get home til after 7. Shoveled my 40 steps and deck off of all the snow and then made a big pot of chili. It freezes well, and this way I have something good to eat on days like yesterday when i'm running late.

Let's hope I get my exercise in today!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm kind of thinking I'm exercising "too much", again....because my scale weight is inching UPWARD, not DOWNWARD, and that's a trend I don't want to continue!

So, I'll monitor closely. When I cut out all but one session of cardio, per week, my weight starts moving DOWNWARD. I added 4 x weekly cardio in a few weeks ago and, whadda-ya-know, scale is creeping UP, again!

Ugh.

I'll fast most of today and weigh tomorrow and see what's going on.

sdereski - your granddaughter sounds peach-y!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    4 more hours to go in my mini-fast.....so far, so good!