40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Jack....you are only 44. You are not suppose to oooozz anything yet! lol.
  • icmefit
    Options
    I would like to join? If you let me? Ihow?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome new cool kids. Glad to have you on board. Please keep on coming back to check in and fill us in on your days. :happy:

So, didn't do anything again yesterday. Was so tired. I knew I was going to have a late night (my briidge night) and really needed a nap, so I went home and layed down for a while. I didn't get to bed until 1 a.m. so am tired again. Ugh! :tongue: am hoping something will "pick me up" today to get some sort of workout in. I don't like how I feel when I don't work out.

Have a great Friday all! :flowerforyou:
  • thejackfact
    thejackfact Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am super glad I have found the cool group, I was a little dismayed with the early offerings. But now that we are all together, let's get it done. It's what we responsible folks do. We have the resource, smarts, money and we ARE willing to work for the body we want. You can't be a rock star if you don't go to practice. Lets move!
  • thejackfact
    Options
    I would like to join? If you let me? Ihow?

I think you just have to makes lots of cool posts (I still have a ways to go), so fire away and your in!
  • Tereless
    Tereless Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    what is "cool" in British terms?
  • thejackfact
    Options
    The below info is 3 years old, please update us on the current "cool" trends. Was in London this past summer and it was way cool....I was chuffed to bits!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

London is the capital of Great Britain, so some British people might be from London. Also, you would say London-er.

The word "cool" is actually used frequently by British people. I use the word "cool" often enough. Another word for "cool" in Great Britain might also be "sweet", "ace", "wicked", "nice".

Londoners are actually well-spoken people. People who have never visited the UK often mistake Londoners for talking in slang.
    Source(s):
    Born in London, and still live in London
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, for a few more weeks anyway, with 2 sons who are 20 and 21. My kids tell me I'm cool. Possibly that's just so I will do things for them, but still it's better than the opposite I guess.

I just started logging again this week. Exercise has been mostly walking and weights. I started Jilian's 30 day shred yesterday. I'm happy I managed to get through it.

I'm trying to lose at least 10 pounds, maybe 15.
  • thejackfact
    Options
    This sure is the place to do it, and glad to see that this thread just draws in the cool folks from the crowd...brilliant idea this thread is....btw...you just look cool!

Will be working on strength training this weekend in between cardio sessions with my daughter. My best friend is coming for the week and I have warned him of the 5 am wake ups.....hope he is still my friend after the week.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a board meeting all morning, so no work-out, today. Am trying to catch up at work so that I don't have to work the entire weekend - GGAAAAAAHHHHHH!
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    well I don't know how cool it is but I went to work today after having three days off after surgery. Think I should have taken a little more time. I am hurting this evening. Percocets haven't kicked in yet. And that's about all.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey cool kids, welcome on board! :flowerforyou:

Beeps, hope you got what needed doing so you didn't have to work this weekend.

Jack, hope you and our friend are enjoying the time together, and he is working out with you and your daughter. Extra motivation and encouragement for your daughter. :happy:

A year ago I went to visit my g/f who,had moved a good 11 hours away from me. She was attending early morning boot camps, So I would go with her. We'd get up shortly after 5a.m. to attend. The others would ask...."who does that to company?" :laugh: but that is what we did ...we were always doing something active together when she lived here so attending boot camp with her for 6a.m. in mid January was not that unusual.

Got my long run in yesterday, but should really call it my long run/walk. Was a horrible run with me walking most of the last 6miles, but I did get the 15 in. Hopefully next weekend's15 miler will go better, cause it can't go much worse. Wait...it can, so scrap that. :laugh:
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    HA! this is awesome! I am not sure if I qualify as cool though. I am not married...I have one son ( who has 4 paws and a tail) :) and I will be hitting the big 4 5 next month. I guess I can go through the pages and pages of this thread to see if "cool" is defined but maybe someone can help me and let me know? If not, its all good- I will start reading right after my workout. Have a great day!
  • SueCarms
    Options
    I've never really thought of myself as cool but I definitely qualify as over 40 - in fact 50 is only just over 2 weeks away which is pretty scary! Married and have two cats, live in Wales in the UK. Anyone else from Wales in the 'cool gang'. Nearly half way through my planned weight loss but reached that annoying point where my weight loss has stopped - any ideas?
  • Deemom8
    Options
    Good Morning all, I would love to join your group. I am 45 yrs young, in my mind I am only in my late 20's. I have 4 kids, 20, 18, 17 and 13. Married 22 yrs and am now loving the gym. I have gone everyday since starting in late December. I need to lose about 26 more lbs. Just recently bought a Fitbit to track my steps throughout the day. In my mind, I feel pretty cool, I think my kids think I am a pretty fun Mom. Enjoy the rest of the day !
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Is there a 50's topic?
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm two years away from being cool:) I'm 38
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good morning all you cool kids!
    Yes, you all qualify as cool, because you knew to stop in and check this out.

Started my P90X challenge. OH man! I cannot believe how much fitness I have lost in the past year. Anyway, it wasn't going to get any better doing what I was doing, so..........today was day 2. Plyo done. It was tough.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Oscars.

Won't weigh until thursday - also need to take photos/measurements that day.

I get to lift, today! Yay!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    So HERE'S where all the cool kids are! I'll have to sit down and read the whole thread later, but here's my intro: I'm 46, never been married, no kids, couple of dogs, live alone in the Seattle area, self employed and work at home. I like to think I'm cool because I don't wear mom jeans or or drive a mini van and I've never voted Republican. But I'm probably not cool because I have no idea who most of the nominees at the Grammys were and I wish "kids these days" would just pull their pants up and get all that fishing tackle out of their faces.

Sooo...I've been gaining about 15 lbs a year for the past, oh, 5 years or so (that's what 150 extra calories a day and an big helping of denial will do to you) and today is my 1 month anniversary on MFP. I've lost 7 lbs so far - it's sure different from when I was younger and could lose several lbs a week by just cutting back a little. The biggest hurdle for me has been to accept that it's going to be slow-going...so, summer of 2014 here I come!

Nice to meet you all. :)