40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

Man, the hot flashes were coming fast and furious this morning. WTH?

Everyone's peri is different so there may be no value in my commenting, but after three years of occasional short duration hot flashes I started getting more than 10 a day, sometimes only a few minutes apart (fast and furious, as you say). That lasted a good 3 or 4 months and then suddenly I was back to having almost none. My point is that maybe you are at the beginning of the end :).
  • Lisa_licious
    Options
    Hahaha Chris! I'm over medicated.... Lol.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've seen this thread. :)

I'm 43, 4 kids, two divorces, now living in sin. I love being experienced, having a good disposable income and not having to change nappies anymore. This is my time to focus on me so that's what I intend to do.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Let's
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    just
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    roll
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    this
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    thread
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    okay?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    now...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For those of you here on mfp who are >40, this is a "chat forum" where you can feel COMFORTABLE with the fitness/nutrition goals that YOU HOLD DEAR!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    COME POST HERE, 40+
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    today I'm hitting the gym, at lunch, to weight-train.

Am making sure I get 15 glasses of water in, today.

And, yes, I have to update my scale-weight for some of the challenges I'm in. So, my diet has been REALLY GOOD this week!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Am making sure I get 15 glasses of water in, today.

Wow thats alot of water
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. That is all. :)
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My Hemeroids hurt....

Kids today eh!

I joined the Gym today!!!

Fat Forty and now a Gym member!

I am going more Tom Daily than Rocky Balboa mind! ( Yeah right! )
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is one of those true TGIF Fridays for me. I'm TOtally burned out with work and can't wait for the weekend. (Of course, I have to finish up my taxes Sunday, but let's forget about that for now, shall we?)

I had a great workout this morning (I'm doing New Rules for Abs) but since then my butt's been glued to my chair and my fingers to the keyboard. For some reason (well, I know the reason...way too much writing) my ring finger on my left hand is so stiff and swollen I can't wear my wedding ring anymore.

Anyone here doing Stronglifts or Starting Strength? I'm planning to move to one of those next...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'll follow your progress on those programs, dandelion - would really like someone to POST all about THOSE exploits!

Hi kmsai!!

Got my lifting in. Done. Water is excellent. But, TOTAL FAIL on the diet front, today....ugh. Was *perfect* all week long. Today, I look up, see that it is "book club" tonight and, frankly, I just screwed-the-pooch from the start. Well, not really....I didn't eat until 12:30 pm, so that morning fast will have to count as "good for something".
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    go away snow.
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We finally have some sun! Actually managed to get in level 2 of the 30 DS AND the elliptical! Now, heading out to help DH put the gutters and soffets onto the cover we just built over our back patio.