Gap between my legs

Options

Replies

• taylor_renae92
    taylor_renae92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wanted the gaps too, I thought that all skinny girls had the gaps i would look at myself and see just too much thighs. Now today i have the gap between my thighs. I did alot of leg work, firstly i started zumba which has ALOT of leg movement.
    My advice is work the hell out of your legs, you don't even have to go to the gym, put some good music on and just drop it low shake that *kitten* and twirl those hips, the lower you go the more your working out your legs.
    i hope i helped and good luck in your loss!!
  • JohnsonTL
    Options
    I don't think it is wrong for you at all to set a personal goal as having a gap between your thighs; I don't know who really enjoys rubbing a hole in their jeans in that particular area. However, as stated above I do agree that some people are just not built to have the gap. Perhaps you should try and find a weight that is healthy and that you are comfortable with and see if the gap comes then?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Stand with your legs slightly further apart.

:flowerforyou:

That just might work....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Why? Not very sexy IMO. :/ It just reminds me of being sick.
    I suspect that the OP is aiming for that "sick" look. Sad.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options

OMG just spit water all over my keyboard reading this. Great solution!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I know some REAL LARGE people whose legs dont touch. Seriously... its all how your body is made!
  • slowlysteadily
    slowlysteadily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This "gap between the thighs" is something that Japanese women often talk about as being a sign that you are "properly" slim. Given that they tend to be physically more petite (and thinner) than Americans and Europeans it's probably easier for them to achieve.

However, even for Japanese women it may not be a realistic goal and most Japanese women don't seem to achieve it. While you have the right to set your own goals, fixating on something that may not be realistic would be unhealthy, both emotionally or physically. Try to take a step back and consider whether this is honestly right for you.

SS
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is wrong for you at all to set a personal goal as having a gap between your thighs; I don't know who really enjoys rubbing a hole in their jeans in that particular area. However, as stated above I do agree that some people are just not built to have the gap. Perhaps you should try and find a weight that is healthy and that you are comfortable with and see if the gap comes then?

OMG! This was ME! I used to rub holes in my jeans from my legs rubbing and it would RUIN them! AND I couldn't wear dresses without the shorts or spanx with thigh control underneath or else my legs would rub together and get sore! I WANT the gap too, just not as much as :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2079695/Elle-Macpherson-rides-waves-cutaway-wetsuit.html

That's really extreme! LOL....If I can lose enough inner thigh to not have them rub holes in my jeans, that's good enough for me! lol
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
  • darconnor
    Options

This quote made me chuckle. But really, I kind of know where this poster is going. I have had this thought, too, but mostly because leg gap often is linked to your thighs NOT rubbing together anymore. And if you are built with rubbing thighs (like me)...that's the part that is really troublesome because it can lead to thighs chaffing and, at best, being slighlty callous.

Keep hanging in there. We may not ever have thighs that don't rub...but hey...they won't rub as much!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This quote made me chuckle. But really, I kind of know where this poster is going. I have had this thought, too, but mostly because leg gap often is linked to your thighs NOT rubbing together anymore. And if you are built with rubbing thighs (like me)...that's the part that is really troublesome because it can lead to thighs chaffing and, at best, being slighlty callous.

Keep hanging in there. We may not ever have thighs that don't rub...but hey...they won't rub as much!

Exactly. I like your attitude.
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Too funny! :laugh:

• rmsturdy
    Options
    Yeah I'm half Japanese and it won't EVER happen for me. Thanks Dad! haha But seriously, even when I was 13% body fat (when I was a serious athlete) I still had a small belly pouch and my inner thighs touched. So it really is all about genetics. Sometimes, it's hard to love yourself the way you are, but that's part of the journey :) Maybe shoot for a BF% or to lose a few inches instead.
    This "gap between the thighs" is something that Japanese women often talk about as being a sign that you are "properly" slim. Given that they tend to be physically more petite (and thinner) than Americans and Europeans it's probably easier for them to achieve.

However, even for Japanese women it may not be a realistic goal and most Japanese women don't seem to achieve it. While you have the right to set your own goals, fixating on something that may not be realistic would be unhealthy, both emotionally or physically. Try to take a step back and consider whether this is honestly right for you.

SS
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That one deserved was warning before opening. Gross.

But thanks for this thread. I have always had bigger legs and all the fun problems that go with them, hello baby powder in my purse is my best summer friend when wearing a dress. I didn't realize that a lot of people don't have the gap. I feel much better. Plus I never have to worry about looking like that ^^^
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The more you workout your legs the bigger they will get. I just want to lose enough fat that my thighs won't rub together! ;)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    The more you workout your legs the bigger they will get.
    :huh:
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well, some people (like me) just have far too narrow hips for a thigh gap:frown: . Even at an extremely unhealthy weight they still touched But it's not bad that they dO!! My boyfriend and brother say it looks like the girl is really sick. And that any guy can shove his ****up there without anything to stop it!!!:laugh: But seriously, a thigh gap isn't the end all be all, no one notices if you have one or not anyways, so don't worry about it
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My husband would say that *all* females have a gap between their legs :tongue:

I had a friend who was skinny all her life...and when she hit 17 she said she got worried because her thighs started touching. I'd say thats just because she was only 17 and still growing into a "womans'' body.

It just depends on how your built. But i would suggest pilates because that makes your muscles long and lean, strengthens them without adding bulk. That'd prob help imho. :happy:
  • skullgirl84
    skullgirl84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have heard that riding horses for long periods of time can create a gap between the thighs. I haven't tried it, though.

I think that is bow legged....:indifferent:
  • skullgirl84
    skullgirl84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

OMG just spit water all over my keyboard reading this. Great solution!

:laugh: lol