Gap between my legs

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What is it with the GAP. I mean it's a decent store and all, but come on!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Been a guy for a long time, and have never called it anything, or even pointed it out. Nor have any of my buddies.

I have been as well, as long as I can remember actually. My point is not that everyone finds it an attractive quality, just that some folks do.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Stand with your legs slightly further apart.

:flowerforyou:

^^great advice :)
  • IH8Exercise
    IH8Exercise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No gap for me. I like things to fit snug.
  • Halochic
    Halochic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There's about .5% of the population that has this. And most of them are models that are over 6 foot and weigh around 100 lbs. In other words, it's out of the ordinary. I don't think anyone focuses on that part of a person.
  • chargermama0501
    Options
    I have heard that riding horses for long periods of time can create a gap between the thighs. I haven't tried it, though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HAAAAAA!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • suzie1011
    Options
    to throw into the mix - the inner thigh muscle is actually one that responds to trained exercises

there are a lot of exercises you can do to work them, look up on youtube ..
  • trishking30
    Options
    :laugh:
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get what the OP means...I'd like my inner thighs to be slimmer too, so the second I walk on the beach and get wet I don't have blisters forming because my legs touch there!!
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There's about .5% of the population that has this.

Where does this stat some from? I feel like I see the thigh gap everywhere!
    I love this thread, especially the men's responses!
  • beautybloom
    Options
    Lose more weight? I don't know honestly but don't worry about it! Most men love big thighs, the only time a "gap" is probably necessary is when you're a fashion model.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't like gaps. I like a little thickness...
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Yeah that pic is pretty nasty looking! Yuck!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I feel like I see the thigh gap everywhere!
    Yes -- it's all over the disordered eating "thinspo" trash.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for stronger, more muscular legs, with less fat covering the muscles. I just want my legs to look strong and healthy. If that means my thighs still touch, I'm okay with that. If they don't, that's okay too. I can't force my body into a shape that it may or may not be built to accomodate at a healthy weight. I just have to be happy with my healthy, more fit self. I want to appreciate my body for what it can do and for all the work I have put into it, not fret over a couple of cm here and there. I understand why many people have very specific physical goals, but for me it seems like a dangerous road to disappointment and possibly unhealthy methods.
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    Thats were I went wrong, I didnt know there was suppsoe to be a gap between my legs.

Not trying to make you feel bad,, I know how you feel. My thighs rub but hey, thats because I worked hard at keeping this overwight body and I know someday when i'm healthier, I STILL WONT HAVE A GAP BETWEEN MY LEGS! my body is not built that way. I am a bigger build than some average size legs. My legs arent twigs so I know I will never have a gap
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options

LOL- I mean on the street. Or in the subway...
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think this depends largely on your bone structure.

My father is bow legged and my mother has a natural bow to her thigh bones.

Thus, my knees DO meet, but my calves have never been introduced and as I'm losing weight I can't hold anything in my lap because it falls between my legs.

This only serves to give me leg pain when I try and do any exercise that impacts my joints.

Your thighs might always rub in some spot unless you lose quite a bit of weight, or it might be that next 5 lbs that does it.

If it's always a problem and it drives you insane, get a body slimmer.

Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Yeah that pic is pretty nasty looking! Yuck!

I think thats more about the wetsuit-cameltoe....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    LOL- I mean on the street. Or in the subway...
    I rarely see it in real life. When I do, it's typically underweight women, and it's not attractive.