Gap between my legs

Options

Replies

• tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is wrong for you at all to set a personal goal as having a gap between your thighs; I don't know who really enjoys rubbing a hole in their jeans in that particular area. However, as stated above I do agree that some people are just not built to have the gap. Perhaps you should try and find a weight that is healthy and that you are comfortable with and see if the gap comes then?

OMG! This was ME! I used to rub holes in my jeans from my legs rubbing and it would RUIN them! AND I couldn't wear dresses without the shorts or spanx with thigh control underneath or else my legs would rub together and get sore! I WANT the gap too

Ditto! The only reson i'm aiming for this is to stop the rubbing! Got nothing to do with the look of the thing! I just can't afford any more new jeans! lol :tongue:
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what others have said here: I know a lot of people who have worked so so hard to get that "gap" and none of them were able to achieve it :( Some of us just aren't built that way. I remember seeing Kathy Griffin on some talk show once saying that she even had liposuction on her thighs to get it, and that didn't even work.

That is awfull to say that...I mean I work out to get the body I want, nothing else. And what about all the girls for whom it worked. If you see no progress, it means you are not doing the right thing but this is possible. Now it can be as difficult for you as to get 6 pack abs for many men: the fat does not leave at the area you work out (doing sit-ups does not work), it leaves from one place of body, then the next one, etc...and if this is the last (for many women this is the butt), it will mean cardio efforts with strong diet (no fat). My personnal view is that is worth it, because this damn hot ^^
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Stand with your legs slightly further apart.

:flowerforyou:

LMAO!!

This. :happy:
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Try barre workouts. You can probably find some on YouTube. Ballet workouts will help make you a lean machine, especially in the thigh/hip area!

Ballet can also make you pretty bulky, just fyi (see e.g. http://blog.oregonlive.com/portlandarts/2009/06/large_DanceUnited_BostonBallet.jpg ) - it takes tons of muscle to do what those folks do!

Anyway - back to the OP - I'm with many of the above. Not every woman's body is capable of having "the gap." If you can get there healthfully, awesome. But, realize that it may not be possible. Perhaps as you get fitter, though, you'll start feeling more confident either way and the gap won't matter quite so much :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I have tried so hard to get a gap between my legs, but i just can't do it :( I pretty sure im doing something wrong :(
    Anyone have a any tiips for me? or cn link me to any videos to help, please just help :(

- Thank you
    Genetics have a lot to do with this. Don't fret, just embrace your physique and get the work done!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This quote made me chuckle. But really, I kind of know where this poster is going. I have had this thought, too, but mostly because leg gap often is linked to your thighs NOT rubbing together anymore. And if you are built with rubbing thighs (like me)...that's the part that is really troublesome because it can lead to thighs chaffing and, at best, being slighlty callous.

Keep hanging in there. We may not ever have thighs that don't rub...but hey...they won't rub as much!

My thighs touch. They always have even when I was underweight. However, I don't get chaffing/callous thighs. Thighs touching is not always uncomfortable! :)

Same for me. I'm an hourglass, so I'm always going to be a bit heavier in the thigh area. Not FAT, but that's where whatever fat I have congregates. At a healthy weight, my thighs touch but do not chafe or wear out my jeans. I'm very comfortable. And I think it looks good. Check out some photos of some 40s and 50s pinup girls. Their thighs all touch and I doubt anyone (even some of the men in this thread saying otherwise) would say those women are not sexy.

Example (yes, it is safe for work and not gross!):

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luv71hX9GA1qjxhi1o1_400.jpg
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the comments above, some people just can't get it despite being really thin BUT, this might help

try squats with your toes pointing out, they target the inner thighs
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm having a Beavis/Butthead moment.

"Ugh... she said GAP.... uhuh,huh,huh,huh"
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Why do you care if there is a "gap" between your legs? What does that mean to you? Does this gap give you more value and worth as a person?

Yes yes it does.

I too would love to have that "gap"
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Some people can't...well every anorexic has it, right?
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Some people can't...well every anorexic has it, right?
    DING DING DING!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think it's unrealistic to focus on a goal that you may never achieve while at a healthy weight. Something like "a gap between the thighs" depends on bone structure AND body composition. Could you perhaps alter your goal to focus on a measure you have more control over? Like perhaps the circumference of your thighs?
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    Im annoyed with all the "OMG you wanna look anorexic" comments. I've seen plenty of healthy, beautiful women who have that gap between their thighs. I've seen gorgeous, sexy women that don't. Though the OP's goal setting could use a little work, I understand the frustration, and have no idea why everyone feels the need to be so judgmental.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I have tried so hard to get a gap between my legs, but i just can't do it :( I pretty sure im doing something wrong :(
    Anyone have a any tiips for me? or cn link me to any videos to help, please just help :(

- Thank you
    Genetics have a lot to do with this. Don't fret, just embrace your physique and get the work done!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Exactly.
    If you don't already have a "gap" hidden under body fat you might never see one. With pregnancy a wider pelvis might slightly increase your Q angle, but other than that there's not much you can do to change your skeletal structure.
    Besides, the larger the Q angle the more prone you are to knee pain, ACL tears, pronated ankles, fallen arches and so on. A narrower angle can be a great advantage in athletic performance. :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Im annoyed with all the "OMG you wanna look anorexic" comments. I've seen plenty of healthy, beautiful women who have that gap between their thighs. I've seen gorgeous, sexy women that don't. Though the OP's goal setting could use a little work, I understand the frustration, and have no idea why everyone feels the need to be so judgmental.
    I agree that there are plenty of women whose genetics and bone structure allow for that gap without being anorexic. But someone who thinks this gap is necessary to look good is setting herself up for feelings of failure and a lot of frustration if she doesn't have the bone structure and genetics for it.

I have very wide hips and wider since I had a baby. Even at my lowest ever weight (which was UNDERweight for my height), I did not have that gap. Not since I was 10 years old and hadn't developed fully yet.

I wouldn't complain if I lost weight and it appeared, but it's not something I strive for. I want to be thin and healthy and if that means a thigh gap, fine. If it means no thigh gap, I don't think I'll miss it.

As for the guys saying how sexy it is, I've been around this planet for 35 years and been through my share of relationships and getting hit on and all of it. Never once have I heard a single man say, "Did you see the thigh gap on that one?"
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

As for the guys saying how sexy it is, I've been around this planet for 35 years and been through my share of relationships and getting hit on and all of it. Never once have I heard a single man say, "Did you see the thigh gap on that one?"

Lol...I know what you mean, but I actually have witnessed men noticing and admiring a woman's legs while pointing out the "honey hole"
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    "Did you see the thigh gap on that one?"

We don't call it a thigh gap
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    "Did you see the thigh gap on that one?"
    We don't call it a thigh gap
    Been a guy for a long time, and have never called it anything, or even pointed it out. Nor have any of my buddies.