What's your 5k time?

Options

Replies

• benzzito
    Options
    I ran my best time a few days ago . I was under 25 mins for 3.38 miles.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    From 270 lbs.in September and not being able to walk up the driveway without being out of breath to 229 lbs. and 27:15 5k outdoor. Still working on it but not bad for 3 months and a week.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    25 min flat and that was the 2nd run of a duathlon.

Keep in mind that everything else being the same (weather/temp, terrain, and your VO2max), for every 5 lbs of weight you lose, this will translate to approx. 25 secs faster on a 5k. So if you drop 25 lbs, you should be over 2 mins faster on a 5k, again assuming everything else is the same.
  • BKR1977
    BKR1977 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just because someone runs a marathon I wouldn't call him/her a professional. Two different types of muscles for fast 5k and a normal Marathon runner.
    My PR 5k is 19:59 last spring.
    I did an easy 3 miler last night at 21:59. It was the first time I had ran on pavement (off trail) and that short of a distance for a bit.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that everything else being the same (weather/temp, terrain, and your VO2max), for every 5 lbs of weight you lose, this will translate to approx. 25 secs faster on a 5k. So if you drop 25 lbs, you should be over 2 mins faster on a 5k, again assuming everything else is the same.
    Now that's news I can use!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I've been running regularly again for about 6 months. I'm a leisure runner. Running 5k and 10ks a few times a year. When I got back into running my 5k times were 33-34 minutes. I've worked down to 23:45. Hoping to be able to do it in sub-7 minute miles this year. Continual training with running several times a week and varying your runs between longer slow runs, interval runs, tempo runs, etc you can speed up your pace! Best of Luck!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just because someone runs a marathon I wouldn't call him/her a professional. Two different types of muscles for fast 5k and a normal Marathon runner.
    My PR 5k is 19:59 last spring.
    I did an easy 3 miler last night at 21:59. It was the first time I had ran on pavement (off trail) and that short of a distance for a bit.

I was making a comparison to myself to see where my time falls with those who are similar to me.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Best time was this thanksgiving day, 17:51. Still good enough for a 300PFT, hoorah.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My PR is 22:44 but I usually run it in just under 24 minutes.
  • Enkibean
    Options
    My one and only 5k...last October, 36:01
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was a sprinter in my teen years; never thought I could run more than 1.6K.

The other day on the treadmill I ran 5K in about 28-29 minutes. I'm not sure if the treadmill was wrong/broken; it just seemed "fast" for me. I never thought I'd be able to run 5K. I rarely do cardio; I mostly weight lift, so I was surprised...

I'll try it again tonight :)
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm just started unning and am only setting personal goals. As of today I can run a 5K in just under 30 minutes.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My last run outside was 3 miles and 30 minutes exactly! I want to run faster.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I run a 5k on the treadmill almost everyday but I'm not the normal runner. I use to power lift now I'm trying body building.
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My PR is 30:13, that was a 5K I did last year. I hope to be faster one day as well :)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    January 2011: 41 minutes

December 2011: 35.47 minutes

First 5k of 2012 is Sunday and I hope to be under 35 minutes.
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My time is usually around 32 minutes no matter how much I run!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K road race on New Years day and my time was 33.30. During that race I did have to stop at a RR crossing while I waiting for a train to go by so that slowed me down by about a minute but I was still proud of that time! :wink:

You had to stop for a train in an ACTUAL RACE? OMG that sucks. what poor route planning by the event coordinators.

My fastest time is 41:10 set last week on New Years Night. I don't have any kind of speed, but I'm ok with that.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    This is something I'm wanting to improve on in 2012. My best time was when I was in my 20's I ran a 21:36. Last year at 48 I ran a best of 23:27. My goal this year is to complete one under 22 and keep up with my 16 year old boy! :bigsmile:
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    last time I ran a 5k in a race I was a little over 29 minutes. I wish I could go faster!