What's your 5k time?

Options
12346»

Replies

• alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My average is 24 minutes. Though I have won in my age category for a 22 min 5K.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I power walk and take part in parkrun a weekly timed 5 k and my fast time is 42.20

When I did half marathon + an extra bit (14.6 miles) I did that in 3 hours 35 minutes.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've never run in a marathon or anything, but my typical time to jog/run 3 miles is about 28 minutes, but I never really try for speed at all. I just happen to note when I leave and return to the house.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've run 5K in 28 mins several years ago. I now run it in 31:30, but can't go any faster than that :frown:
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    33:34 PB at the Canada Army Run 2011. Great time!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I hit 5k at 28:10 this morning
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for a marathon in October.I only run outside. I started c25k in September at around 220lbs and had never ran before. At 184 my last 3 mile run time was 35:00 (last Thursday). Today my first 3 miles of my 9mile run today was 34:03. Excited to see what my time is on my next 3 mile run! :)
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was November 2010, I ran the whole thing but it was really crowded over 35k and I finished in 43:14. This year I started running again in July and I can now run a 5k in under 30. My PR is 29:18 but I keep working on speed to try and shave some time off
  • Jambe
    Jambe Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ~24 minutes, give or take a minute depending on how often I have to fumble with my phone to find a good tune to run to. :) Sometimes Pandora tosses me a bad one...

I couldn't run for 2 minutes 5 months ago :p I generally don't run for that long and usually pace myself a little slower at 7mph so I can run the whole 60 minutes. Not really training for anything... I just do it to burn calories.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I practiced a 5k on the treadmill last night and ran a 5k in 30:38 for my first time :)
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This week I did a 5K on the treadill in 28:03. Not bad for an old lady! :P
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Last year it was late 25's. In high school though I was in low 21's. :/ Need to get back to that!
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My PB was 26 min yesterday on the treadmill
  • Clutchn
    Clutchn Posts: 2
    Options
    My fastest 5k is 15:05 set last month and I barely run, (Use to run back in high school) < I also hold some school records. I am thinking about working on that time and see if I can get it down to 12-13 area. I feel like running at 15 is a good pace and I still have energy afterwards.

But to everyone trying to get their times down lower all I can say is just push through it if it wont hurt you and the reward is amazing. DONT HURT YOURSELF, but I would say run longer with out stopping and run more up hills so when you do time your next 5k you will be in great shape. Try to stay away from the treadmill because thats doing the work for you and your legs are not pushing off the ground. You can cut time fast if you run consistently and drink plenty of water !
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    My fastest 5k is 15:05 set last month and I barely run, (Use to run back in high school) < I also hold some school records. I am thinking about working on that time and see if I can get it down to 12-13 area. I feel like running at 15 is a good pace and I still have energy afterwards.

But to everyone trying to get their times down lower all I can say is just push through it if it wont hurt you and the reward is amazing. DONT HURT YOURSELF, but I would say run longer with out stopping and run more up hills so when you do time your next 5k you will be in great shape. Try to stay away from the treadmill because thats doing the work for you and your legs are not pushing off the ground. You can cut time fast if you run consistently and drink plenty of water !

12-13 would be great and close to world record pace. American record is 12:53:60 (it may be faster now ... ) by Bernard Lagat.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a runner i.e. don't do 5k runs regularly, but I ran one this week and my time was 33:08. Last year I did the same race in 27 minutes but I'd been running all summer to train for it.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    My PR (fresh from yesterday) is 19:59.
  • hannahsage123
    Options
    ive been running for about a year now and my first 5k time in september was about 27 minites. by the end of the season, i got in down to 25:47.