Shakeology VS Herbalife

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Everyone loves Spongebob tho Amirite? :laugh: :heart:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    if you don't like it you should just shut up and get over yourself. You're a hater.

this part is perfectly stated! LMAO
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    if you don't like it you should just shut up and get over yourself. You're a hater.
    this part is perfectly stated! LMAO
    Yes, quiet the dissenters! :noway:
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    I have used Shakeology for about a year, my experience has been positive. I use the chocolate, which I have come to like quite a lot, the greenberry, in my opinion, is barely edible.
    Please understand Shakeology is a meal replacement NOT a protein shake. I make this point because there are a few people on MFP that are critical of Shakeology and throw it into the protein shake category. The criticism has to do with price, ingredients, and the fact that people make money by selling the product (evidently, these critics are buying their protein powders from non-profit organizations) so be ready for the critics. If you are looking for a cheap protein shake, Shakeology is not it. If you are looking for a healthy, quick, and easy meal, it may be for you. I like it for the following reasons.
    • Quick and easy to make. I have a shake every day at work and use a Cuisinart(sp?) hand mixer that is a great mixer for blending these shakes and crushing the ice to a fine shake consistency. I just mix it with ice and water.
    • Nutrition. I am assuming since you are considering Shakeology that you have already done some research. If not there is some good information on the Shakeology website.
    • Knocks out cravings. I have found that Shakeology keeps me full and killed my cravings for junk & fast food.
    • Price. I use it as a meal, and pay $3.00 per shake since I am a BBcoach. In my opinion $3.00 is a pretty good deal for a full lunch.
    Message me if you want any more information, I promise I will not try to sell you anything, just here to help.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I have used Shakeology for about a year, my experience has been positive. I use the chocolate, which I have come to like quite a lot, the greenberry, in my opinion, is barely edible.
    Please understand Shakeology is a meal replacement NOT a protein shake. I make this point because there are a few people on MFP that are critical of Shakeology and throw it into the protein shake category. The criticism has to do with price, ingredients, and the fact that people make money by selling the product (evidently, these critics are buying their protein powders from non-profit organizations) so be ready for the critics. If you are looking for a cheap protein shake, Shakeology is not it. If you are looking for a healthy, quick, and easy meal, it may be for you. I like it for the following reasons.
    • Quick and easy to make. I have a shake every day at work and use a Cuisinart(sp?) hand mixer that is a great mixer for blending these shakes and crushing the ice to a fine shake consistency. I just mix it with ice and water.
    • Nutrition. I am assuming since you are considering Shakeology that you have already done some research. If not there is some good information on the Shakeology website.
    • Knocks out cravings. I have found that Shakeology keeps me full and killed my cravings for junk & fast food.
    • Price. I use it as a meal, and pay $3.00 per shake since I am a BBcoach. In my opinion $3.00 is a pretty good deal for a full lunch.
    Message me if you want any more information, I promise I will not try to sell you anything, just here to help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't shakeology have:
    Calories 140
    Protein 17g
    Carbs 17g

If so, that seems more like half a meal. With those numbers, one would have to drink at least 2 to make a "meal", so that would make it $6 a shot, not $3.
  • erxkeel
    [/quote]
    Calories 140
    Protein 17g
    Carbs 17g

If so, that seems more like half a meal. With those numbers, one would have to drink at least 2 to make a "meal", so that would make it $6 a shot, not $3.
    [/quote]

I suppose that would depend on the individuals caloric intake. yes? no?

I like cheese. and Pie.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Shakeology Works, and if you have never tried either of the two, then Really, From what expierience do you speak from? Nothing out there on the Market comes Close to what Nutrients Shakeology has in it, and for $4 a shake you can't put together all the ingredients that it has, and try and make your own concoction taste even close to choking it down, LOL! It really changes your Health over all and with 3 days a week of some type of workout routine, you really feel better and change your Health. Check with a Coach to see if you can get a sample to try it, although they offer a 30 Day Money Back Gaurantee, so if you don't like what it has done, Send it back for a refund! Then you can say what you think.

And you should totally believe Rudy. I mean look at his profile. He's been here for a year!

I mean in that year he's made 11 posts. The last two that I can see were about Shakeology oddly enough. And his avatar has a Beachbody logo in it. As well as his ticker. Funny though 0 pounds lost in that year. Almost like he hadn't been logging at all.

Yep just a trusted MFP user... :laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Calories 140
    Protein 17g
    Carbs 17g

I suppose that would depend on the individuals caloric intake. yes? no?

I like cheese. and Pie.

True. But let's take the extreme case of 1200 cals/day. If a meal was 140 calories, one would need 8.5 "meals" a day to hit their target. Not to mention, someone like me who requires 3000 cals/ day...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    I use my whey protien shakes as a part replacement meal for probably less than $1. And it keeps me full.

The other nutrional needs I get from real foods thoughout the day.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Shakeology Works, and if you have never tried either of the two, then Really, From what expierience do you speak from? Nothing out there on the Market comes Close to what Nutrients Shakeology has in it, and for $4 a shake you can't put together all the ingredients that it has, and try and make your own concoction taste even close to choking it down, LOL! It really changes your Health over all and with 3 days a week of some type of workout routine, you really feel better and change your Health. Check with a Coach to see if you can get a sample to try it, although they offer a 30 Day Money Back Gaurantee, so if you don't like what it has done, Send it back for a refund! Then you can say what you think.

And you should totally believe Rudy. I mean look at his profile. He's been here for a year!

I mean in that year he's made 11 posts. The last two that I can see were about Shakeology oddly enough. And his avatar has a Beachbody logo in it. As well as his ticker. Funny though 0 pounds lost in that year. Almost like he hadn't been logging at all.

Yep just a trusted MFP user... :laugh:

so judgmental! This is freaking hysterical-you have been wasting hours here jumping on the opportunity to bash someone, meanwhile I made dinner and ran 6 miles-a much more productive evening! But hey I understand.....need to keep your POST count up! LMAO
  • erxkeel
    Fair enough. As stated about 6 pages ago, I do not use either product. I am here just to play :devil: Advoate. Cuz that's me.

And cuz a good friend of mine uses Herbalife and stands by it. Shakeology IMHO doesnt flip my switch. I use muscle milk from

COSTCO cuz I'm a cheap B@stard.:drinker:
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Try Vega, it's cheaper.

Or try eating whole foods.

I would never dream of paying so much for a product like either. MLM's are just not my thing; I don't enjoy middle men.
  • CaptainGordo
    so judgmental! This is freaking hysterical-you have been wasting hours here jumping on the opportunity to bash someone, meanwhile I made dinner and ran 6 miles-a much more productive evening! But hey I understand.....need to keep your POST count up! LMAO
    Hours? Pretty sure he types faster than that.
  • SassyCalyGirl

yeah-I wouldn't expect you to understand that. See ya, thanks for the show though it has been hysterical!
  • erxkeel

I dont, my post count is low. Im not so smeart. :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    The forums are no place for opinions or thoughts!

No but on a serious note, I love how offended people get over someone not liking a product. :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    yeah-I wouldn't expect you to understand that. See ya, thanks for the show though it has been hysterical!
    I got it Sweetheart. I was just a lame, unfounded comment. Not your first in this thread, though.
  • CaptainGordo
    No but on a serious note, I love how offended people get over someone not liking a product. :drinker:
    You'd think we were criticizing their religion!

Wait a minute...
  • erxkeel
    I know right! really heated.. Ok boring work about over. I guess I'll let the thread die now :laugh:
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member

Calories 140
    Protein 17g
    Carbs 17g

Guru,
    I suppose it depends on how many calories one wants to consume. When I make a shake for lunch I choose to make it with about 1.5 times the suggested serving size. So while it does cost more per serving, $4.50 vs $3.00, that is just the way I choose to make them. For me it is not about the money, I like the benefits the product offers, some of which I laid out in my previous post.
This discussion has been closed.