Shakeology VS Herbalife

1234568»

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member

so judgmental! This is freaking hysterical-you have been wasting hours here jumping on the opportunity to bash someone, meanwhile I made dinner and ran 6 miles-a much more productive evening! But hey I understand.....need to keep your POST count up! LMAO

And yet you responded 4 minutes after I posted. But of course I was the one waiting around to bash someone.

I have no interest in Shakeology or Herballife. I think it's a rip off. I have no problem saying so. You and others here keep defending it because you sell it. With your 100% effectiveness and money back guarantees and "message me to find out about Shakeology!"

I thought it was a scam before and all you've done is convince me I was right. I leave it to everyone else to make up their own minds.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    I really enjoy Shakeology. It seems to meet me where I am. It is about four bucks a day so it is not as expensive as it takes some planning. Herbalife from what I recall has a lot of pills associated with it and might be more than a once a day commitment. People give shakeology to their kids. . . it's just a healthy drink. Not sure folk would give Herbalife to their children. Or if they even could. Congrats to you for taking the necessary steps for you! I wish you much success!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    there's a shakeology GROUP that all the shakeology lovers could post in. But what good is it to have them all pm each other for more info?
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    I ditched Shakeology after only a month. Instead, I bought all the superfoods ingredients I liked/wanted in Shakeology by the pound from nutsonline.com. My nutsonline order cost me $140. Now I make my own smoothies. I ordered it in May 2011 and I'm around halfway through my supply. So the cost of one huge (I mean HUGE) order from nutsonline was $20 more than what Shakeology charges for a single month supply. If you don't get "scam" from that, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, all of my ingredients from nutsonline are organic, which is something Shakeology can't say.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    I think a MLM is only a scam if you do not get what you expected out of it.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    so judgmental! This is freaking hysterical-you have been wasting hours here jumping on the opportunity to bash someone, meanwhile I made dinner and ran 6 miles-a much more productive evening! But hey I understand.....need to keep your POST count up! LMAO
    And yet you responded 4 minutes after I posted. But of course I was the one waiting around to bash someone.

I have no interest in Shakeology or Herballife. I think it's a rip off. I have no problem saying so. You and others here keep defending it because you sell it. With your 100% effectiveness and money back guarantees and "message me to find out about Shakeology!"

I thought it was a scam before and all you've done is convince me I was right. I leave it to everyone else to make up their own minds.
    One particularly prickly salesperson has not reflected well on the product he/she pushes. A more even-handed approach to criticism or questions would made for a much more civil discussion.
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't shakeology have:
    Calories 140
    Protein 17g
    Carbs 17g

If so, that seems more like half a meal. With those numbers, one would have to drink at least 2 to make a "meal", so that would make it $6 a shot, not $3.

I suppose that would depend on the individuals caloric intake. yes? no?

I like cheese. and Pie.

True. But let's take the extreme case of 1200 cals/day. If a meal was 140 calories, one would need 8.5 "meals" a day to hit their target. Not to mention, someone like me who requires 3000 cals/ day...

Guru,
    The intent is not to replace every meal, just one per day-if even that much. I only use it about 6 times a week.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    OK... I think everyone has offered their opinions on these two products and has answered the OP's question.

Unfortunately, this thread has evolved into more of a running argument instead of a respectful sharing of information and opinions.

Please take a moment to review the MFP Community Forum Guidelines and keep them in mind when participating in the MFP forums: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With Respect,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.