Recommendation To Wives and GFs Out There

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I was at the docotors and my ears were burning,are we talking about tips again?
    Brett only had a little tip, but he can't keep it up for much longer. You're late in the game here.

I... The nerve... I'll tell you what...

She got me. :grumble:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    lol my husband and I have had just as many fights about food as we have about money in the 4+ years we've been married! mostly on his side with him not wanting to try things I've made or me "tweaking" one of his favorite dishes (I have a blog post dedicated to the meatloaf fiasco of 2007 it was bad... it still gets brought up on a regular basis)

however these days he's a little more mindful of the things he makes (and acknowledges that if its made with white bread, includes the words "processed cheese product" or contains mayo I will not touch it. nope not even a taste) and I'm a little more mindful of what I "tweak" (for the record: it is acceptable to swap ground turkey for ground beef in meatloaf.... it is NOT acceptable to add spinach. nope just dont do it)

your first paragraph reminds me alot of me and my husband.. lol
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my husband (and kids) say "boy, this is really filling" and i know it is code for "i am not crazy about this!" overall, mine are not picky and they will try almost anything. my son wrote in his letters from basic training that he missed my cooking and that made me happy!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Brett only had a little tip, but he can't keep it up for much longer. You're late in the game here.

I... The nerve... I'll tell you what...

She got me. :grumble:

That's NOT what she said!!!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am sure you were at the docs for burning...ears.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Jenna and Patti are being bawdy and hilarious while I'm left speechless as the brunt of the joke.

Yep. It's bizzarro world alright.

OH and apologies for the derail to those of you out there still trying to weigh in on this trainwreck of a meal/marriage. I think it's safe to say it's a pretty lost cause...
  • jennajava
    Options
    Jenna and Patti are being bawdy and hilarious while I'm left speechless as the brunt of the joke.

OH and apologies for the derail to those of you out there still trying to weigh in on this trainwreck of a meal/marriage. I think it's safe to say it's a pretty lost cause...

I just think if that's all they've got to fight about, they've got a good thing going...don't ruin it with a forum thread!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Come on round. Not only will I eat whatever you serve (except for lamb) I always have ironing that needs doing, hoovering is never done also - I have a huge pile of magazines that I need to read and if I'm given enough time I've been known to paint my nails.

Pop the kettle on duck, let's talk terms. :-)
  • BrettPGH
    Options

I just think if that's all they've got to fight about, they've got a good thing going...don't ruin it with a forum thread!

The meal is no biggie, that's just a typical marital complaint.

NOW if that Jen on page 2 is in fact the wife in question... Yowza!
  • jennajava
    Options

The meal is no biggie, that's just a typical marital complaint.

NOW if that Jen on page 2 is in fact the wife in question... Yowza!

What time does episode two come on next week? I liked the pilot.
  • livingaloha
    Options
    I am so lucky! my hubby is a great cook, and even cooks healthy! Its when we eat out we do all the damage. I do appreciate him so much, he's not much on cleaning up afterwards but I think that that part is the least I can do after a great meal.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would first ask that man in my kitchen who he was and where was my husband... and then I would eat it and do the dishes for him. My husband can't boil water for the most part and my culinary skills are pretty good so if he wants to take me out instead I'd be all over that!!!
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    What time does episode two come on next week? I liked the pilot.

I thought the characters were a bit formulaic...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    They could at least let us know what's been going on since page 3. This was just a teaser.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm totally GUILTY of this!!!!

My BF has been cooking a lot more lately so I don't have to, and even bringing it to work for me... And last night I watched him cook my porkchop in about a cup of oil and about rolled over...

So, I am sorry.... To anyone who's been unappreciated for being sweet!!
  • jennajava
    Options
    They could at least let us know what's been going on since page 3. This was just a teaser.

He's "thinking."
  • BrettPGH
    Options

Fine I'll admit I'm hooked. Go ahead and renew it for a second season.

Popcorn?
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm from Indiana and my hubby has been working in Florida since September. I drove down for Thanksgiving and Christmas to visit with him for the holidays and when I made the Thanksgiving trip I hadn't much more than gotten there (a 13 hour drive with both of our dogs) when we had to leave to go to dinner. For the Christmas trip I asked him if he would pick something up or cook (that was a joke because he never cooks) for me because I didn't want to do that again..that drive is exhausting...and by God, when I got there, he had made me spaghetti! Was it the best spaghetti? No, but it certainly wasn't the worst, (he didn't drain the noodles all the way so it was watery) and even though he was self-conscious about it, I praised him for it and stuffed myself as full as I could get. My point here is that I was exhausted, and completely drained, and the fact that he bothered to cook for me, even though it was "just spaghetti" and a little watery, it meant a lot to me.
    I'm sorry you didn't receive the same reaction :(
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Fine I'll admit I'm hooked. Go ahead and renew it for a second season.
    Popcorn?
    Salt, no butter.