Recommendation To Wives and GFs Out There

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Fine I'll admit I'm hooked. Go ahead and renew it for a second season.
    Popcorn?
    Salt, no butter.

Dash of cinnamon on mine, thanks.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a great cook and surprises me with meals cooked all the time!! He tends to overspice stuff though since his tastes run on the spicy side and mine run on the boring side. He'd adjusted a lot and even though stuff is still a bit too spiced for me, i'll eat it and enjoy it cause of the effort he put into it. I can stand to tolorate more spice in my food anyway. Its a great sub for oil and butter!! :drinker:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm from Indiana and my hubby has been working in Florida since September. I drove down for Thanksgiving and Christmas to visit with him for the holidays and when I made the Thanksgiving trip I hadn't much more than gotten there (a 13 hour drive with both of our dogs) when we had to leave to go to dinner. For the Christmas trip I asked him if he would pick something up or cook (that was a joke because he never cooks) for me because I didn't want to do that again..that drive is exhausting...and by God, when I got there, he had made me spaghetti! Was it the best spaghetti? No, but it certainly wasn't the worst, (he didn't drain the noodles all the way so it was watery) and even though he was self-conscious about it, I praised him for it and stuffed myself as full as I could get. My point here is that I was exhausted, and completely drained, and the fact that he bothered to cook for me, even though it was "just spaghetti" and a little watery, it meant a lot to me.
    I'm sorry you didn't receive the same reaction :(

I like that story. My ex-boyfriend once tried to bake cookies for me. We were in a long-distance relationship, and I had baked some cookies and mailed them to him at Christmas. He tried to do the same thing, but his cookies were nearly inedible. Poor guy. But I thought it was really sweet that he tried, and I told him I liked them anyway and that we should bake some together.

This is a fascinating thread, though. I can't tell if the OP has a legit gripe here or if he was trying to get out of the doghouse after Internet cheating and his wife wasn't having it.
  • alishuman
    Options
    I can't be honest when someone cooks for me. I will smile and grit my teeth and drink lots of water. My ex husband used to make this god-awful spaghetti sauce. I don't know how you can ruin spaghetti sauce, but he did. It tasted like burned garlic and salt. I HATED it. He never knew though- he was just so dang proud of it.

The only time I will be honest about not likeing something is if you serve me green beans. I hate them, I won't eat them. Anything else- I'll deal and thank you for it. Thats just good manners. Of course, better manners would be eating green beans, but I'm not that much of a lady I guess.

My sister made spaghetti for dinner one night, when she was newly married. Her husband worked nights, so she was home alone. She invited me over, so I said, "sure." Now mind you, my sis has never been much of a cook... but I was thinking the same thing: How can you ruin spaghetti sauce?

Apparently, it's easier to do than one would think. I'm pretty sure she opened her spice cupboard and emptied the ENTIRE contents into that pot... everything from cinnamon to lemon verbena?! And something that literally peeled the flesh from the roof of my mouth. Seriously, it was like a chemical burn... I couldn't eat anything but shakes, cold pudding, jello, that sort of thing for almost two weeks till it healed.

That being said, I don't think it's rude to say that you dislike something, if you say it kindly, and if you have actually tasted it first.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Has anyone posited that she might be jealous of you? I've learned that it's the root of most problems for folks on MFP.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Simply, a recommendation...

If your husband/bf/so/partner makes dinner, please be at lease polite enough to try it. If you don't like it, no need to lie. However, at least try it before turning your nose up at it. Especially if it's a day you're not feeling well, and your partner is simply trying to help out.

Oh....what did I make for dinner you ask? Thanks for asking. I served chili beans (chili with beans) and cheese over brown rice. I ate it and the kids ate it. It wasn't gourmet, but it was edible and it wasn't laden with fat and it was affordable.

Karma.....

I cook, not great but I do. Problem is I have no one to try it except for my kids and you know how picky they are. They don't like the healthy food that much, but I'm working on that part. My chicken pesto pasta, pasta salad and mexican dishes are my kids favorites, of course what else would they eat. I hate it because of the carbs in pasta.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Haha... Even if my husband served me crap on a plate I would make out that I love it and be ever so appreciative ... As this is a non event in my household.. Never .. Ever has he cooked (15 yrs)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread...

Being a great example of a 1950's stay at home mother/ wife, I do the cooking, cleaning, parenting, etc, plus the bills and car care. I even take my hub dinner/coffee on nights he works really late, and try to meet him for lunch if he invites.

That being said, when he cooks, I eat it. Even when I was really sick with our last child, I gladly ate the fried pork chop, salad, and veggies he made one night I was out with the kids volunteering at church.

But that's just me.

ETA: Cooking and eating it has NOTHING to do with whether or not the spouse is faithful. It has to do with providing for and serving the other, and the other rejecting it.