Two Hundred Sit Up Challenge

Options
Want to be able to do two hundred sit ups at one time? Follow the program at www.twohundredsitups.com and come back here to post your results.

I'm going to be doing crunches rather than full blown sit ups. I did my exhaustion test and was able to complete 50 crunches. That put me at starting at week 3, day 1, column 2. Following is what I did Friday, March 6th.

Set 1 - 18
Set 2 - 25
Set 3 - 19
Set 4 - 19
Set 5 - 30 (minimum 25)

I will be doing my crunches on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Replies

• yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Want to be able to do two hundred sit ups at one time? Follow the program at www.twohundredsitups.com and come back here to post your results.

I'm going to be doing crunches rather than full blown sit ups. I did my exhaustion test and was able to complete 50 crunches. That put me at starting at week 3, day 1, column 2. Following is what I did Friday, March 6th.

Set 1 - 18
    Set 2 - 25
    Set 3 - 19
    Set 4 - 19
    Set 5 - 30 (minimum 25)

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you started this challenge back up again! It's a fairly easy one to do. I finished within the six weeks (missed one week, so it took 7 altogether.). I may post in here from time to time as I am still trying to keep up the 200 three times a week. :happy:
    MM
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to do this challenge along with the 100 push up challenge. I want more upper body strength also so this will work out great.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you continued this challenge, too. I made it to 200 on the day before the last day of February & it really feels good.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

Set 1 - 18
    Set 2 - 25
    Set 3 - 19
    Set 4 - 19
    Set 5 - 30 (minimum 25)
    Ok I can't do 200 without stopping I do sets of 20 to 50 at one set. the most I can get in one shoot in like 80
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Glad to see you started this challenge back up again! It's a fairly easy one to do. I finished within the six weeks (missed one week, so it took 7 altogether.). I may post in here from time to time as I am still trying to keep up the 200 three times a week. :happy:
    MM

Thanks. I used to be able to do way more than 200 but got really out of shape so am looking forward to doing this.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I think I'm going to do this challenge along with the 100 push up challenge. I want more upper body strength also so this will work out great.

I'm also doing the 100 push up challenge. I've never been real good at push ups so it will be interesting to see how that goes.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'm glad you continued this challenge, too. I made it to 200 on the day before the last day of February & it really feels good.

Thanks. I guess I just thought that since I'm doing other challenges I might as well do this one too. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back where I was.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Set 1 - 18
    Set 2 - 25
    Set 3 - 19
    Set 4 - 19
    Set 5 - 30 (minimum 25)
    Ok I can't do 200 without stopping I do sets of 20 to 50 at one set. the most I can get in one shoot in like 80

Hey, glad you found me johnblake. I can't wait till I can do 80 in one shot. Getting to two hundred will be such an accomplish for me.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Going to be doing sit-ups Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and my normal jogging on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays - taking Sunday off to recuperate. :laugh:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'm in!

Going to be doing sit-ups Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and my normal jogging on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays - taking Sunday off to recuperate. :laugh:

Welcome, Manda. Thanks for joining.
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    :tongue: We can do this ladies! Bring on the evil tummy crunches!
  • j_g4ever
    Options

I'm also doing the 100 push up challenge. I've never been real good at push ups so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Do you want to make a thread for the push up challenge??
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Do you want to make a thread for the push up challenge??

There's already one made. It's called "hundred pushups march". It's under motivation and support.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    :tongue: We can do this ladies! Bring on the evil tummy crunches!

Welcome:drinker: Thanks for joining the challenge.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this challenge :smile:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this challenge :smile:

Welcome. Good luck to you.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    alright i just did my first part to see how many i can do in a row and I suck. :noway: I thought I was better than that. I only got 28 :laugh:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    alright i just did my first part to see how many i can do in a row and I suck. :noway: I thought I was better than that. I only got 28 :laugh:

Well, 28's a better number than 8, right?:bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Okay yeahbuddy! I take the challenge!

j-g4ever, I'm with you - I am starting with 30 and the last few were haaaaard. I feel like such a wimp - but I guess that's the point of the challenge - I can't wait to see what sort of difference this makes in my core strength - and in my waist measurement!!!

I'll be doing M-W-F too and checking in then.

later:glasses: