Two Hundred Sit Up Challenge

Options

Replies

• johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    4 sets of 50 I havn't checked in with the web site but I think I'm doing pretty good
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 2, column 3

Really bad cramps in my right side starting in 3rd set (what's that about?), so I took 3 minute rest instead of 1 between sets ~ they still count right? Also what are the muscles across the sternum? And why are they OMG sooooo sore?? Am I doing something wrong?:huh: Anyone else have these issues?
  • johnblake
    Options
    Week 2, day 2, column 3

Really bad cramps in my right side starting in 3rd set (what's that about?), so I took 3 minute rest instead of 1 between sets ~ they still count right? Also what are the muscles across the sternum? And why are they OMG sooooo sore?? Am I doing something wrong?:huh: Anyone else have these issues?

if you did the sit ups they count.
    I don't understand why your sternum would hurt? I would have to see how your doing your sit ups.
  • lulubar
    Options
    Week 2, day 2, column 3

if you did the sit ups they count.
    I don't understand why your sternum would hurt? I would have to see how your doing your sit ups.
  • lulubar
    Options
    yeah, don't know what happened with that post.

I can't very well show you seeing as how you're out floating in the middle of an ocean somewhere....
    :glasses:

Feet tucked under the couch, knees bent, hands under back of head, as I raise up I keep my neck straight with my back, come to a fairly upright position and then slowly lower to the floor again. I DEFINATELY feel those muscles - I think even more than my abdominals?? Is this weird?
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi, team. Well, I haven't done any crunches this week. Was going to do them yesterday but was sick and just have no energy to do them tonight. So, I'm going to start the challenge again on Saturday (but I'm not going to take the test again) and probably do them each day till I get back to where I should be.

Welcome to all the newcomers and glad to see everyone is doing well.
  • johnblake
    Options
    sounds like tendinitis
  • lulubar
    Options
    Hi, team. Well, I haven't done any crunches this week. Was going to do them yesterday but was sick and just have no energy to do them tonight. So, I'm going to start the challenge again on Saturday (but I'm not going to take the test again) and probably do them each day till I get back to where I should be.

Sorry you're under the weather ~ drink water, get rest, and feel better!!:flowerforyou:
  • lulubar
    Options
    sounds like tendinitis

Thanks johnblake ~ you are a pretty helpful guy. I'm pretty sure I'm not athletic enough yet to have tendonitis:blushing: But I'm googling to see it that fits:ohwell: I've spent the last few days shoveling, hoeing, raking, hauling bricks and dirt (landscaping my back yard) so it could have originated there ~ I didn't notice it 'til the sit ups though:huh: Anyway, thanks for your input.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Sorry you're under the weather ~ drink water, get rest, and feel better!!:flowerforyou:

Thanks, lulu. I think now I need to go get some sleep:yawn:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    I did my crunches today: 157 total (working on week 3!)
  • lulubar
    Options
    Healthymom ~ Gooooo you! You are doing so great! :drinker:
    See you at the weigh in tomorrow~
    lulu:heart:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hope I'll do my test on the above website tomorrow morning. :wink:

Let us know how your test turns out:drinker:

I ain't no quitter :wink: - I did my test! :smokin: Did the crunches last night - tried to do them slow and easy, and got to 75, then I though "Hey, this is just a test, it'll do". Boy, did I feel my muscles working! Then this morning I did the sit-ups. I think at most 7 were easy, the rest was :huh: kinda sore and it was really hard not to fall each time I went back down, but to do it slowly and nicely (well, I did try to do them correctly) - I managed to do 50, but that basically cos I remembered that 39 was poor (which is still what I am, but I DID 50 :drinker: ). Argh lots of talking :grumble: , but I just felt like sharing :smile: . So I guess this is not it, this is just the beginning, right? Now I gotta live up to my fame :grumble: - let's see how I'll manage :tongue:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    good morning not 200 situps but 100 situps 100pushups 40 leglifts and curl with 10 lbs ball not touching ground :glasses: and only 20 leglifts on bench with 10lbs ball :mad: i dont know about everybody here but i take off weekends to drink and eat :drinker:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Alright, restarting tomorrow for sure. Now that the weather's gotten nicer, it really reminds me that I'm in terrible shape and don't want to look like this for summer.
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3...all done

They keep adding more...and today I couldn't get off the floor when I was done...convinced the husband to pick me up, felt like a bum but we both got a laugh out of it...and I did all my crunches first so they still counted!

Hope everyone else is doing good with theirs
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and goodmorning 100 situps , 100 pushups , 20 hanging knee (high as the bar ) lifts , 20 leglifts with 10 lbs ball , 20 floor knee lifts with 10lb ball :glasses:
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    Week 3, Day 1 ALL DONE

set 1: 21
    set 2: 27
    set 3: 21
    set 4: 21
    set 5: 40 (at least 30)

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Have a great week and good luck with your workouts this week.
  • GypsyHeart
    Options
    Good Morning Folks....well I just saw this challange, and Lord knows I need to get my tummy way down...:tongue: I weigh more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant...:grumble: My willpower is down, along with my self esteem....gotta do something to get back in shape. I tried to mow my lawn, and nearly passed out...:blushing: How embarrassing is that? I want to be able to keep up with my 4 1/2 year old grandson....who goes "ninety to nothing". Wish I had 1/4 of the energy he has....wish me luck.....and congrats. to all who have been on the challange! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    Options
    Welcome GH good luck remember slow and steady wins the sit ups :laugh:

I not sure what week and day I'm on today I did 2 sets of 50 each and I didn't want to do another set of push ups so I did the last set and just pumped out a 100 sit ups.

how's everyone doing