Two Hundred Sit Up Challenge

Options

Replies

• yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Okay yeahbuddy! I take the challenge!

j-g4ever, I'm with you - I am starting with 30 and the last few were haaaaard. I feel like such a wimp - but I guess that's the point of the challenge - I can't wait to see what sort of difference this makes in my core strength - and in my waist measurement!!!

I'll be doing M-W-F too and checking in then.

later:glasses:

Hey, lulubar. Welcome aboard. Yeah, I can't wait to see how quickly these become easier.
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in! When I did ballet like 5 days a week throughout high school - I was the crunch queen! Not anymore. I like this challenge :):happy:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Wow I think I'm really interested in this. :happy: Thanks for posting the info!!
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this challenge :smile:

Welcome. Good luck to you.

Thanks! I'm starting tomorrow and will do M, W and Fridays. Looking forward to a great challenge! :smile:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'm in! When I did ballet like 5 days a week throughout high school - I was the crunch queen! Not anymore. I like this challenge :):happy:

Welcome, crunch queen:bigsmile: Glad you found us.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Wow I think I'm really interested in this. :happy: Thanks for posting the info!!

You're welcome. Anything to keep us motivated and accountable:laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I'm sorry to report I only got a 100 today I guess I'm not in the shape I need to be. hope I didn't let you down. I'll get 200 tomorow :flowerforyou:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'm sorry to report I only got a 100 today I guess I'm not in the shape I need to be. hope I didn't let you down. I'll get 200 tomorow :flowerforyou:

Let me down??? Heck, no. You are an inspiration:glasses: I can't wait till I can do 100. Are you doing the full sit ups?
  • johnblake
    Options

Let me down??? Heck, no. You are an inspiration:glasses: I can't wait till I can do 100. Are you doing the full sit ups?
    I guess I should be clear about that. There is only one kind of sit up.(for me) knees bend about 45 degrees arms crossed over the chest. I curl my upper body up till my elbows touch my knees.
    This clip is not so great but you can see whats going on.
    http://www.topendsports.com/testing/video/sit-ups.htm
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

I guess I should be clear about that. There is only one kind of sit up.(for me) knees bend about 45 degrees arms crossed over the chest. I curl my upper body up till my elbows touch my knees.

OK, I get it. I can't do those anymore but hope to be able to one day.
  • johnblake
    Options

I have bad news. Why can't you do them, do you have back problems? or some other health reason?
    If not a heath problem then get to it.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

I have bad news. Why can't you do them, do you have back problems? or some other health reason?
    If not a heath problem then get to it.

No, no health problem, I'm just not able to do them. Maybel I'll re-do my exhaustion test doing the full sit up and start over. After all, I've only done one day.
  • johnblake
    Options
    ok then even if you can just do 1 or 2 then that's what you do. then do crunches
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options

Welcome, crunch queen:bigsmile: Glad you found us.

LOL! Thanks. :tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Did 100, took a minute break and did the other 100. Next time I hope to go without the break. If I can do this (I'm one of the laziest people on earth) then all of you can do this!
    MM
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge. I'm going to check out the website after work and try it. I'll probably try doing them three days a week also. You said you can do a full sit-up or crunches? Is one harder than the other?
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge. I'm going to check out the website after work and try it. I'll probably try doing them three days a week also. You said you can do a full sit-up or crunches? Is one harder than the other?

Welcome, hopeitworks. I find the full sit up to be harder because you have further up to go. But, that's just my personal opinion. johnblake would tell you otherwise:bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i am actually starting this tonight! i did my test last week and did 30 but i feel like i did them wrong. i am dragging out a mirror tonight to make sure i am doing them correctly...:glasses:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    i am actually starting this tonight! i did my test last week and did 30 but i feel like i did them wrong. i am dragging out a mirror tonight to make sure i am doing them correctly...:glasses:

Great! Welcome to the team. Make up mirror or full lenght mirror:laugh: :laugh:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    The program put me at week three on my exhaustion test - today was officially day one.

I did 4 reps of 20+, and my max today was 50... on that last set I was really feeling the burn!
    J helped by holding my feet and counting, as I was too busy puffing and panting to keep track :laugh:
    It was really tough, but now that I'm finished I feel as though I accomplished something :smile: