Two Hundred Sit Up Challenge

Options

Replies

• healthymom2009
    Options
    Hello GH. Hope you gain the energy as you start exercising.

I finished week 4 day 1 today. Hanging in there.

Started the push up challenge last week as well. Girlie push ups are still hard! :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Last week would have been my week 2 however I only finished day one then my son and everyone got sick so I'm re-starting my week 2 but its going great. I'm loving this challenge and I can feel a change. Actually when I look in the mirror I can see the change. :bigsmile:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    goodmorning :flowerforyou: 100 situps ,100 (25 incline)(25 wide)(25 waist)(25 normal)pushups ,40 floor leglifts w 10lb ball ,5 Dragon Flags ,20 kneelifts , 10 hanging knee lifts to hanging bar :glasses:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    goodmorning :flowerforyou: 100 situps ,100 (25 incline)(25 wide)(25 waist)(25 normal)pushups ,40 floor leglifts w 10lb ball ,5 Dragon Flags ,20 kneelifts , 10 hanging knee lifts to hanging bar :glasses:

dumb question what are the leglifts??
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Hello GH. Hope you gain the energy as you start exercising.

I finished week 4 day 1 today. Hanging in there.

Started the push up challenge last week as well. Girlie push ups are still hard! :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean with the girlie pushups. I try it on my toes and I can get down but never back up. :laugh: I will stick to my knees.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    no sit ups today I did 100 roman chair sit ups
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Okay, I haven't checked in in a few days ~ had to lay off the sit ups for a couple of days, I think I might have been doing them wrong - but the soreness definately got the best of me. I'm starting again tomorrow on Week 2 Day 1 - I googled proper sit up form and I'm hoping I do it right this time.

Don't go thinkin' I've just been sitting on my bum though - I've been doing weights, jump rope, resistance bands, and walking - and tomorrow, I'll be crunching again.:bigsmile: See ya then.
  • eriny
    Options
    good morning all
    100 situps (75 normal)(25 incline) , 100 pushups (25 normal)(25 wide)(25 waist)(25 incline) ,20 sec leglifts with 10lb ball 4 sets ,(set of 4 ) 10 hanging knee lifts with 10lb ball and worked arms and legs :glasses:
  • johnblake
    Options

Lie on the floor, legs straight out, hands at your sides.
    Lift your legs straight up (not bending your knees at all) until they're at a ninety degree angle (or close).
    Lower your legs and repeat without letting your legs touch the floor
  • j_g4ever
    Options

Lie on the floor, legs straight out, hands at your sides.
    Lift your legs straight up (not bending your knees at all) until they're at a ninety degree angle (or close).
    Lower your legs and repeat without letting your legs touch the floor

SO what do the leg lifts work??
  • eriny
    Options
    they seem to work for me but now i use a 10lb ball when i do them
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Do they work the lower abs???

I can't seem to get my legs straight.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Okay, I haven't checked in in a few days ~ had to lay off the sit ups for a couple of days, I think I might have been doing them wrong - but the soreness definately got the best of me. I'm starting again tomorrow on Week 2 Day 1 - I googled proper sit up form and I'm hoping I do it right this time.

Don't go thinkin' I've just been sitting on my bum though - I've been doing weights, jump rope, resistance bands, and walking - and tomorrow, I'll be crunching again.:bigsmile: See ya then.

Yeh Lulu!!! Press on woman! :cry: (sweat)

Today I completed week 4 day 2. I am really feeling the muscles by the end!:ohwell: I love the break between sets.

The push ups are a different story. Working on week 2. Couldn't finish today. I may go down one level to keep doing the program.
  • eriny
    Options
    yes it helps
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    well i did 110 sit ups today and 35 lower ab exercises tonight. :drinker:
  • johnblake
    Options
    Do they work the lower abs???

I can't seem to get my legs straight.

yes the lower abs you don't have to have your legs straight
  • eriny
    Options
    good morning didnt think i was going to work out this morning because
    i took my boys ( 16 and 17 ) to join my gym last night because they now want to be (buff ) like me.
    so i took them showed them one of my routines of couse after yesterday morning workout of

100 situps (75 normal)(25 incline) , 100 pushups (25 normal)(25 wide)(25 waist)(25 incline) ,20 sec leglifts with 10lb ball 4 sets , (set of 4 ) 10 hanging knee lifts with 10lb ball and worked arms and legs

they are crying they are sore abs hurt and they did less then half reps and no weighted ball so i had to show them how its done
    im going to try and make it in the morning if i can move

well i made it not too much but
    100 situps ,100 push ups worked arms and legs and 10 hanging leglifts
  • johnblake
    Options
    2 sets of 100
  • eriny
    Options
    way to go :drinker: hope its ok if i stay at 100 for now i have done 200 about 2 months ago when i set a goal of doing 1000 situps and pushups in 5 days which i did
  • johnblake
    Options
    after mach I think I'll drop to 100