Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    Foo Fighters, 2011
    Cold Play
    Tool
    Journey

I Want To See Cold Play SOOO BADD!!
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have NO shame!!

My first concert was New Kids on the Block at age 16. Tore up my jeans for that.

Then my kids surprised me with tickets to their reunion concert 4 years ago. Who was their opening act? Some new girl they discovered in a techno bar..by the name of Lady Gaga.

Seeing them at the reunion took me back to 16!! Amazing time all around..except my poor husband suffered through the second concert with me. What a champ!
  • Severa25
    Options
    I dont have an absolute fave. But my tops are:

*Pink Floyd Division Bell tour...1994 I believe at techwood. LOVED IT!
    *Nirvana Inutero tour, last show in Atl before Kurt died
    *NIN Downward Spiral tour 1994 Front row. Marilyn Manson opened...nobody knew who he was and was in the Lobby at intermission with his band with no one approaching them.
    *Lenny Kravitz in 1997...Was a private concert with a 75 head audience. Phenominal show! Fell in love with his drummer Cindy Blackman that night :love:
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Deep Purple - Nov 2011 @ Glasgow SECC and Cheap Trick were supporting.

Fantastic show

Would have loved to see Pink Floyd though and would like to see Muse - great band
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ooooh a few I would have to say were the best, I love concerts!!!!

Janet Jackson
    Rihanna
    Prince
    Etta James
    My most recent Jay z and Kanye
    My first one, Up In Smoke back in 2001 with Eminem, Snoop, Dre and Nate Dogg
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have been to a LOT of concerts, but so far my favorites have always been Weird Al concerts. The man really knows how to put on a show, even in smaller venues. Panic! At the Disco also puts on an amazing show. It was especially fun the last time I saw them because I got all dressed up in a Steampunk outfit, and got to meet the band afterwards. :)
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    U2 - too many to count... but Joshua Tree being the first would be the best.
    Back in the day... Lenny Kravitz and Ziggy Marley (seperately) at really small venues. Both were great concerts.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Casting Crowns!!
  • mizjohnston
    Options
    I dont have an absolute fave. But my tops are:

*Pink Floyd Division Bell tour...1994 I believe at techwood. LOVED IT!
    *Nirvana Inutero tour, last show in Atl before Kurt died
    *NIN Downward Spiral tour 1994 Front row. Marilyn Manson opened...nobody knew who he was and was in the Lobby at intermission with his band with no one approaching them.
    *Lenny Kravitz in 1997...Was a private concert with a 75 head audience. Phenominal show! Fell in love with his drummer Cindy Blackman that night :love:

I would have loved to have seen Nirvana and Lenny Kravitz. That is freaking awesome!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Cold War Kids. I liked them pretty well before the show, LOVED them after.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks - I have seen him twice about 10 years apart and both shows were awesome!!!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would have to say it was the first concert I ever went to.....GUNS N ROSES ALL THE WAY!!!!
  • mizjohnston
    Options
    I have NO shame!!

My first concert was New Kids on the Block at age 16. Tore up my jeans for that.

Then my kids surprised me with tickets to their reunion concert 4 years ago. Who was their opening act? Some new girl they discovered in a techno bar..by the name of Lady Gaga.

Seeing them at the reunion took me back to 16!! Amazing time all around..except my poor husband suffered through the second concert with me. What a champ!

Yeeeeeeeees!!!!! Love NKOTB
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Mumford and Sons (x2)
    Dropkick Murphys
    The Decemberists
    Cheap Trick
    Depeche Mode

But really is there any BAD live music?
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Brian McKnight
    George Michael
    Barry White

But the best was a whole day of performers in 2009, headlined by Stevie Wonder!
  • Kina7381
    Kina7381 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aventura!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    FLOGGING MOLLY! All 5 times :bigsmile: in AC - house of blues
    The Walkmen - in Boston - back in 2002

YES! They are so fun! Seen them at Warped Tour!

For me it's definately gotta be Dream Theater, Fates Warning, and Queensryche in Boston..it was an outdoor concert, beautiful warm evening... friggan sweet.

Close second....Korn/Linkin Park/Staind show here in NH.

I've seen them a few times and it is always such a blast!

My favorite might have been Dispatch this summer at Red Rocks. Pink Floyd Division Bell was pretty amazing at Mile High back in the 90's.
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No contest - Rammstein!!!!!! No one approaches the live show of Rammstein with the fire and theatrics. They are a must see!!!!

RAMMSTEIN!

I second this. I saw them in Chicago last spring, and will be seeing them again in Chicago and Detroit this spring. Aside from the fact that I adore them as artists, I also think they put on one heck of a show.
  • ParrotheadKalee
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett.. I've lost count at how many shows I've been to... they have ALL been amazing in their own way :)
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Probably bands that most won't even know. Those are the best to me though :)

The Birthday Massacre- All 5 times! They are so sweet and talk to every fan after the show
    The Cure- It was just magical
    Interpol- mesmerizing. like an audible drug
    Nine Inch Nails- the first time, when they were actually still into it. last time they disappointed
    VNV Nation- the place was packed and it was an awesome show.
    Blue October- I cried the first time. Justin was still in the right frame of mind. the new album sucks though :(

There are PLENTY more. I am a concert *kitten* :)