Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• mcdtheta
    Options
    U2 - hands down awesome
    Matchbox Twenty - they always sound amazing
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Neil Young solo acoustic, September 1989 at the Palladium (NYC) - 2 nights. Stood right up at the stage.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    ACDC 1976
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Motley Crue 1982 "Shout at the Devil"
    or
    Iron Maiden "Powerslave" with Twisted Sister "Stay Hungry" 1985 I think

Those were GREAT shows!!

YES, outside, during a lunar eclipse, playing an extended version of Starship Troopers during the whole eclipse. That was an EPIC time!
  • Pommerantchen
    Pommerantchen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of concerts and couldn't pick a favorite.
    I have always enjoyed seeing Tori Amos.
    I loved Metallica.
    And Rehab.
    And Rob Zombie was a great show too.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Radiohead, in Mountain View, CA. Saw them twice. Don't remember the year.

The Charlatans UK, at Bimbo's in San Francisco.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Aug 2000 - Tattoo the Earth (Hatebreed, Slayer, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Sevendust, Nothingface, etc...)

My favorite band @ that show was Slayer and of course Slipknot! All the bands were amazing, but Slayer and Slipknot - OMG!

It was in Phoenix (Manzanita Speedway) during monsoon season - got to see Slayer play while lightening was dancing around the stage behind them.

I got to the front during Slipknots set, Sid jumped in the crowd and my friends and I got to mosh w/ Sid. He tried to get out of the pit once and I grabbed him by his jumpsuit and back in he went. \m/

Best concert EVER!!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Phish, in Patterson, NY 1994. A close second was Ozzfest a few years ago. Highlights of that show were Rob Zombie and of course Sabbath.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Corinne Bailey Rae 2009 in Philly
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Broken Social Scene at Loufest in 2010
    Kings of Leon 2010
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    U2 360 Tour in Oakland last June.:love: It was amazing!!!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    alice cooper - trash tour 1989 i love it and rember it as if it was yesturday.

biff naked- seen her 3 or 4 times shes always good

and a few others
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    JOHN MAYER, The Rolling Stones, Maroon 5, Avril Lavigne, Rascal Flatts, Simple Plan, Boys Like Girls, Taylor Swift :)
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ooh, tough question. My top few, in no particular order:

Jimmy Buffet - Meriweather Post Pavilion - 1994ish
    Mary Chapin Carpenter - Chrysler Hall, Norfolk - 1995ish
    Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, John Hiatt, Guy Clark (singer/songwriter tour) - Brady Theatre - 2006is
    Bonnie Raitt - Brady Theatre - 2006ish
    James Taylor - Brady Theatre - 2011 (went with my dad, who died exactly 4 months later)

I've been to so many, it really is hard to pick a favorite.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The Monster Ball last March: specifically, the Louisville date, with the Scissor Sisters opening for Lady Gaga. My boyfriend and I heard that the Scissor Sisters would be opening for Lady Gaga, replacing the typical (read: awful) opening band, so we knew we had to go. We bought floor tickets the weekend prior to the show and were not disappointed. Out of the four times we've seen Gaga, it was definitely the most memorable. :D Here's a picture I took from my phone!

monsterballpic.jpg

(I should note that coming in at a close second are any of the times I've seen Phish at Deer Creek in Noblesville. They're really amazing live.)
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've been to more concerts and shows than I can count! From Ludacris to Hall and Oates, Slayer to Nsync

1) Lamb of God- 2005 Richmond, VA- This was their homecoming show and they were filming for a dvd. Made for an AWESOME show

2) Tool- 2007 State College, PA- This would be the second time I saw Tool. Anyone who has seen them live knows how great they are and it doesn't hurt that they are my favorite band

3) A Perfect Circle- 2011 Pittsburgh, PA- After waiting 7 years to see them live, it finally happened TWICE last summer!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Tom Petty and The Hearbreakers. Good lord the crowd loved them.
    Paul McCartney wasn't bad either.

I keep getting drunk at these things and my brother whisks me away before they are over.
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    New Kids on the Block Early 90's
  • ghostwor1d
    ghostwor1d Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oasis at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado. It was amazing!!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Sooooo many...how bout I pick a top 10. In no particular order!

1. Tool, Lateralus tour (all tours were great but this one was ACE)
    2. Pearl Jam - every show ever. You just don't ever want them to stop playing,
    3. Rammstein - don't own an album, but I have seen these guys live quite a few times. Great performance!
    4. The Tea Party - Jeff Martin sings as good if not better live than he does on record. Pretty much the only singer that I have ever seen to give me goosebumps. And their covers in the middle of songs (think Sister Awake into Tool's sober back to finish Sister...) just blow your mind.
    5. Ozzy - The old guy still has it. And Zakk Wylde.......oh yes.
    6. Rob Zombie - even though vocally he's not stellar live, it's such a pumped up show that is amazing to be there
    7. Prodigy - had me dancing up a storm in 50 degree heat (celcius too btw - that's hot)
    8. Nine Inch Nails - Trent is just a powerhouse. Big booming voice that just hits it hard.
    9. Muse - Absolution tour and previous. Matt Belamy is a pocket rocket. Wasn't so impressed with the more recent tours but they were still good.
    10. Rage Against the Machine. Crazy. Nuff said.