Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense Tour, Red Rocks Coliseum in Golden, Colorado/ This show was so good that Jonathon Demme made it into a feature length film for theaters.

9114468.png
    Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    1- Eagles- They were awesome and played for well over 3 hours!

2- U2 360 tour

3- Springsteen- Born in the USA

Honorable mention- Billy Joel
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones Dec 1981 in Norfolk. keith Richards birthday. Supposedly it was the last time they were ever going to play in north america.

Or the Who, Greensboro, 1978 or 79 before Keith Moon died

or Grateful Dead, Tom Petty Bob Dylan at RFK stadium in DC mid 80s.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, stop making sense was awesome tour. Was just watching the DVD last week while on the elliptical....
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    They Might be Giants at The House of Blues in LA in 95

and Black Crowes and Robert Randoph at Red Rocks in 2007.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....

Went to U2 last summer, and I loved the first bands that played were better than U2 in my opinion but it was because they had way more energy(and I dont love U2).

Loved Ray LaMontagne and Iron & Wine. And have seen some small town bands that have been great.

Oh and saw Keith Urban and was super close, and it was fun.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Toby Keith with Miranda Lambert <3
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ALACHUA MUSIC HARVEST - 1997 - Ben Harper. The Stage collapsed because of the rain. Ben Harper didn't want to disappoint. So in a small barn he sat with his guitar on a bail of hay and just jammed for an hour. The barn was packed full of people, trying to be so quiet to hear but wanting to just scream, but couldn't or the music would be drowned out. People huddled together in the lofts and anywhere they could fit in to keep from the rain and enjoy the jam. I sat next to him, with my now 14 year old daughter Zoë in my tummy. I thought at that moment, this is the most amazing experience, so kind, so full of luv. I was feeling at odds for many reasons in my pregnancy.. but this time, this moment, made me realize good things could only come of this. BEST CONCERT EVER
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga was awesome!!!

Still wanna see someone at The RedRock Amphitheatre in Denver .... It's a dream!!!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    MC Hammer all day everyday!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ALACHUA MUSIC HARVEST - 1997 - Ben Harper. The Stage collapsed because of the rain. Ben Harper didn't want to disappoint. So in a small barn he sat with his guitar on a bail of hay and just jammed for an hour. The barn was packed full of people, trying to be so quiet to hear but wanting to just scream, but couldn't or the music would be drowned out. People huddled together in the lofts and anywhere they could fit in to keep from the rain and enjoy the jam. I sat next to him, with my now 14 year old daughter Zoë in my tummy. I thought at that moment, this is the most amazing experience, so kind, so full of luv. I was feeling at odds for many reasons in my pregnancy.. but this time, this moment, made me realize good things could only come of this. BEST CONCERT EVER

I love true artists like that! They really do it for the love of the music and the fans who appreciate it. Those kind of experiences are wonderful.
  • Oasis at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado. It was amazing!!

My husband and I were there for a show in 2005. DAMN!! That was an incredible show!!

However, my personal favorite would have to be ALL the time I have seen Bret Michaels!! 3 times this year and once last year! (Poison, Motley Crue and New York Dolls was the best as far as the technical stuff, but not the best as far as the show itself. Rochester MN this year would be the best for that!!)
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    Skillet...I've seen them twice, and would DEFINITELY go again :smile:
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd. You can't beat them in concert...actually, you can't really beat Pink Floyd at much of anything, musically speaking.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Metallica and Godsmack. Same venue, same night. Bad *kitten*.

Korn put on a pretty killer show too.

Tom Petty at the Gorge at George is always one I look forward to on an annual basis.
  • Zorbadog
    Zorbadog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift at the O2 in London.
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    Madonna was fantastic!
    Nickelback rocked the house as well!!!
  • dtrubishop
    dtrubishop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mumford and Sons at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Green Day, hands down. Even after they physically dragged Billy Joe off the stage, he came back with his guitar and sang. They had started taking down the stage and HE WAS STILL SINGING!

Also Linkin Park and 100Monkeys are very close seconds :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Not the norm, but Atmosphere and Sage francis wert the best shows ever!