OT: Cake

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

Already picked 3 :laugh: but thanks :flowerforyou: the only reason I didnt get 5 is because I want the buttercream frosting thoug :flowerforyou:

I read this as "...becuase I want the buttercream frosting THONG." :laugh: Whatever, Kellch, but that's a little TMI, IMO. *giggle*

So I forgot the H for though.......although buttercream frosting thongs could be a nice touch for the honeymoon :bigsmile: :devil: :smokin:
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

Already picked 3 :laugh: but thanks :flowerforyou: the only reason I didnt get 5 is because I want the buttercream frosting thoug :flowerforyou:

I read this as "...becuase I want the buttercream frosting THONG." :laugh: Whatever, Kellch, but that's a little TMI, IMO. *giggle*

:laugh: :laugh: Me too!!!!

I was thinking 'she should go with the fondant for the thong - much more structured!'
  • kellch
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

I was thinking 'she should go with the fondant for the thong - much more structured!'

and would take more time to get through :devil: :bigsmile:

On second thought, fondant may not be such a bad thing :drinker:
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

fondant = foreplay required. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...perhaps i should make extra fondant just to keep on hand. :smokin:
  • kellch
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

fondant = foreplay required. :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options

It would make a nice gift for the bridal shower ninja.gif
  • mizzymiz
    Options

They do say to always be prepared! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

People would really wonder why you would be so excited about a rubbermaid container filled with randomly colored rolls of frosting. :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options

People would really wonder why you would be so excited about a rubbermaid container filled with randomly colored rolls of frosting. :laugh:

My friends know me :devil:

some may be confused though :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Dang, I missed so much when I drove to town...

I have some fondant in my fridge right now...
  • kellch
    Options
    Here is the reply I got from the cake lady when I sent her an email regarding my cake pick (WTH does it mean :ohwell: :laugh: )

Hello,

This is going to take me some time to answer as there is lots of info.

1. I am sorry but the cakes you want have to be done in fondant. That design will not work on butter cream.

2. The fondant you do not like is Wilton brand. I would bet your wedding cake on it. I do not use it. It has to be the worse tasting tough to work with icing I have ever seen. It leaves a almost bitter, after taste - I refer to it as plaster of paris. I use a brand called Satin Ice. My 5 year old loves it. We have you (your family) taste it here. There is no bitter after taste. Now you may not care for the texture (we are not use to chewing our cake) but we do not serve it to you guests. I cannot pull it off the top, the frosting will come with it, but we do not serve the "sides" of the cake. I will show your family at the tasting - but do not worry about this - in fact I can send you a sample of the fondant so you do not have to worry.

3. Those are pattern designs, there is a special technique that is used. Some are custom made and not available to purchase so that is something to talk to you about.

4. We use butter cream frosting - it is not really sweet, but since we make it fresh we can make it as sweet as you want!

5. I would not recommend plain white cake - no one eats it. We have a Cassata - a traditional white Italian wedding cake. We recommend something different for your guests to try something they won't make at home. They tend to enjoy the cake more if they do not have to compare it to someone else's. We will make it if you want but it has been our experience that people will pass on "plain" flavors.

6. What about a chocolate fondant cake with a light brown an ivory ribbon? Yes I got the layered ribbon! I know somethings are hard to explain!! The dark cake in a ivory room is breathtaking! The chocolate fondant is like a "fudge" flavor - again I can send you a sample.

7. As for the tiers - we do not freeze our cakes, and we do not want you to freeze yours. We give you a certificate for a free anniversary cake - I will explain that to your family, anyway to make the serving about even for your guests the top tier and 2 tier are usually the same, - the total servings of the top 2 are about equal to the next layer down. Do you want Swiss chocolate for your cake to cut?

8. I will explain everything to your mom, then we can go over anything that was not clear. Or if you have any questions. She is welcome to bring someone with her. We want her to relax and enjoy herself, planning your own wedding is stressfull, making choices for someone else has to be over the edge!

Ok I hope this helps a little, I know I have not "answered" your questions but once I speak to your mom, things will be easier.

Good luck! See you soon
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    cake 2 and 3 are my favs but all very pretty!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    the fonadant is the slick smooth icing style
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Kellch, it sounds (to me) like she is trying to get you to go with a cake completely different than what you have shown her you want. :angry:

Don't let her push you around!!! Are there other bakeries you can go to in the area?
  • kellch
    Options
    Kellch, it sounds (to me) like she is trying to get you to go with a cake completely different than what you have shown her you want. :angry:

Don't let her push you around!!! Are there other bakeries you can go to in the area?

That's what I was thinking :angry: I will check CrossedArms.gif

I also PM'd PMB for her expertise...I know nothing about cakes :embarassed:
  • kellch
    Options
    except for how to eat them :smokin:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    except for how to eat them :smokin:

:laugh: :laugh: Yea, I can help you with that part! :blushing:
  • kellch