OT: Cake

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    By the way, did you look at the bees knees site? I don't know how close that is... Might be too far away
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    YAY! I can't wait to hear which one you pick!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Oh, Medina looks a ways away from Toledo... lol
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Soooooo we got PMB and Sara coming together baking my cake
    alice_wonderland1.jpg

AWTY comin to dance on tables :drinker:

Natasha's stealing Max's van.....she can pick Shannon up on the way and then Soupy since it's our neighbor state to make sure none of the alcohol goes to waste :drinker:

And Tami is coming so she can babysit all of us drunks :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options
    By the way, did you look at the bees knees site? I don't know how close that is... Might be too far away

looking now :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    So, I looked at the Mary Poppins website. I wasn't all that impressed. But then I started googling bakeries (around woodville--since that's where the Mary Poppins place was), and I didn't see anywhere else, but then in a 62 mile radius, there's the Bee's Knees Custom Cakes. I was impressed, and I can tell that person would really work with you, not just tell you that she knows best. Here's their website... www.beeskneescakes.com . What city is the wedding going to be held in? Makes it easier to look it up. And I'll go to cakecentral and ask around, find out if anyone knows anyone...

I like them :drinker:

But they show 82 miles from Oak Harbor.......go figure :grumble:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Yeah, I didn't know how far it was, until I pulled up a map of Ohio... You could tell she put a lot of care into those cakes though...
  • kellch
    Options

Yeah, I didn't know how far it was, until I pulled up a map of Ohio... You could tell she put a lot of care into those cakes though...

Yeah they were very pretty though :frown: I want them :angry:

We'll hope these others can help I guess :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Soooooo we got PMB and Sara coming together baking my cake
    alice_wonderland1.jpg

AWTY comin to dance on tables :drinker:

Natasha's stealing Max's van.....she can pick Shannon up on the way and then Soupy since it's our neighbor state to make sure none of the alcohol goes to waste :drinker:

And Tami is coming so she can babysit all of us drunks :bigsmile:

Sounds like a party to me! Woo! I'll wear my fancy shoes. :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options
    Here is response from Cherry Lane:

Hi Cheryl,

I have no idea what Mary Poppins is talking about. I looked at all 9 cake photo's (went to your fitness blog) and this is what I see. Cake #1 is buttercream with a chocolate transfer wrap on three tiers. All the other cakes could also be done in buttercream. But, honestly #6 would be much better done in fondant. As far as stencils, there isn't one design that could not be free handed. With that said.....

I love the first cake you picked out. It's #4 of the 9 right? Has the tall brown scroll work. My buttercream icing isn't real white to begin with because I use butter in it. I also make a wonderful dark chocolate buttercream which would match the scrolls perfectly.

I am known for my buttercream and moist and flavor full cakes. Buttercream iced cakes start at $2.35/svg. Delivery is $25 for the first 15 miles and then $1.00 a mile after that. Consultations are free and I provide a couple of cake samples. Would you be willing to pick flavors from my web-site? I think you'll find me easy to work with. Have your mom give me a call!

Have a sweet day!
    Cindy Woodbury
    Cherry Lane Cakes
    www.CherryLaneCakes.com

I like them already :drinker: