Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    the fonadant is the slick smooth icing style

I want buttercream tantrum.gif

I like sugary old fashioned icing tantrum.gif

I want cake 3 with buttercream frosting and melted chocolate for designs tantrum.gif

The designs could simulate #3 dont have to be the exact design :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I feel better now :smokin: I want I want I want :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I like sugary old fashioned ice cream tantrum.gif

I want cake 3 with buttercream frosting and melted chocolate for desings tantrum.gif

The designs could simulate #3 dont have to be the exact design :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

You tell 'em, kellch!!! :angry:
  • kellch
    Options

I like sugary old fashioned icing tantrum.gif

I want cake 3 with buttercream frosting and melted chocolate for designs tantrum.gif

You tell 'em, kellch!!! :angry:

I will nunu.gif
  • kellch
    Options
    I was gonna send the link to this thread to her...I probably shouldn't do that now embarrassed.gif

snickeringg.gif
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I was gonna send the link to this thread to her...I probably shouldn't do that now embarrassed.gif

snickeringg.gif

:laugh: :laugh:

We can "edit" :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    MMMMM! Buttercream!! *Sigh*
  • kellch
    Options

snickeringg.gif

:laugh: :laugh:

We can "edit" :drinker:

:laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    MMMMM! Buttercream!! *Sigh*

:love: :smooched:

We share a love for rolls, buttercream, cold beer (O'douls for u missy :angry: actually, no make that water :angry: ...until Sept:drinker: ), and we love to say exacccccery :drinker: :smokin:

We are the perfect match :smooched: :blushing: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Ok here is her reply when I asked her why she couldn't do what I asked her:

Hello,

I think there is some confusion. The cakes have butter cream frosting under fondant. The reason you cannot do that kind of work on butter cream is you will dent it. That fondant is put on the cake a day or two before to "dry" so it is stable to put the decoration on it. On butter cream you will just stick your fingers in it and will not get that look. Just won't happen. Then you will have what chocolate will stay fall off as you try to move it. If you want that kind of cake it has to be fondant. Also, the warm chocolate will melt the butter cream. So you will not see that on any butter cream cake. I am sorry - real cakes. You can put it on dummy cakes because the frosting is not real.

As for the pattern of the cake, I am not sure I can get the same pattern. I will show your family when they come over - it is a little hard to explain in an e-mail. There are many, many different kinds and patterns that can be done. The small "c" we have on hand, but the "larger" scroll was done with a stencil. I will relook at it again. It would not be hard to do, and yes I can do that pattern. You just sent different cakes with different techniques and that is where we had a communication break down.

I have the "c" part not a problem. If you like the other part I have to search for the design.

Most ribbons have to be made by you. I have taken different ribbons and made my own designs. So that is not a real problem - getting the colors are. I have a chocolate brown ribbon - not the lighter one on hand.

As for decoration - in general your cake table should be different than you other tables. You may decorate it anyway you like. That is why I suggested the opposite, dark cake - light table. But please remember these are only suggestions so I understand what it is you are looking for. It is very important to tell me what you like and do not like so I can narrow it down to you cake. I was just a little confused on which cake you really liked. Don't worry you are not the first bride LOL :) who likes different cake designs.

Just relax and take a deep breath, we can do this!!! Let me meet with your mom and get some of that out of the way. Then she can tell you yes or no on some of your ideas, I think it will be a little easier for you.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yes, the cakes have buttercream under the fondant, but she's telling you to cut the fondant off the sides, therefore the buttercream will be off the sides too... And you'll still have the fondant on the top of the cake...

Why is she sticking her fingers in the buttercream? I pipe my decorations onto mine... I'll have to try melting some chocolate and putting designs on the buttercream... I'll let you know if it falls off or not! I have transported the chocolate wrapped cakes and never had a problem with it... so I don't know why the melted chocolate piped designs would have a problem. The chocolate will need to cool a bit before being piped on or wrapped, but it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream into running off the cake! Here's a picture of one that I've done. You can't see the frosting, but trust me, the whole cake is covered in buttercream underneath the chocolate!

69567_6635.jpg

I have also done this with white chocolate (my personal favorite).

I'm not sure what the "c" part is that she's talking about. It sounds though, as if she won't do freehand piping on your cake. The benefit of using stencils, each design will look absolutely the same on your cake, and be perfect... the drawback, she may not do the design you want. Personally, I would just freehand them... But if I take my time, I can do pretty intricate work... like this one (although I painted with a brush onto fondant). I copied the pages from The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.

69567_4772.jpg

I'm not sure why she's saying the cake table should look different than the other tables... Maybe it's just where I live, but I've never seen that. It already stands out, because it's the table with the big *kitten* cake on it! Go with whatever colors you want on your cake, don't let her push your decision.

Acckkkk! Like you need this stress, hey? Luckily you've got your mom to help you. And no, you're not the first bride that likes different designs... I went in with 3 or 4 pictures for mine... And we took a little bit from each one. That's something to remember too, if you like a design on one, and the ribbons on another, they could be combined.
  • kellch
    Options
    Thanks....I already don't care for this lady. I think I will be looking for a new cake person......Could you make it for me and ship it to OH? :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    lol... I'll come bake it at your mom's house! I don't know that even my wonderful cakes can hold up to that long of a drive from mine!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I already don't care for this lady. I think I will be looking for a new cake person......Could you make it for me and ship it to OH? :bigsmile: :laugh:

Kellch - where are you going to get the cake done?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    lol... I'll come bake it at your mom's house! I don't know that even my wonderful cakes can hold up to that long of a drive from mine!

I'd loan you my kitchen! I'm not far from the wedding! Come on, Pett!
  • pettmybunny
    Options

I'd make you work with me though! You know what you're doing, even if you say you don't! And then we'd just hang out after delivering the cake, and party with Jeannie and Kellch at the reception!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I'd make you work with me though! You know what you're doing, even if you say you don't! And then we'd just hang out after delivering the cake, and party with Jeannie and Kellch at the reception!

Sounds like a plan to me! I can mix the buttercream. :laugh: Other than that, you're on your own, lady!
  • kellch
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm sure she'll let ya use it. Free room and board for the time you're there too :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm sure she'll let ya use it. Free room and board for the time you're there too :drinker:

Stay a week!!! Make it a party!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

:bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options

Kellch - where are you going to get the cake done?

Not sure now. Was looking at Marry Poppins Cake Factory

http://marypoppinscakefactory.com/
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, looking at those cakes, I don't see why she has such an issue with what YOU picked out. So odd.