Is Shakeology overpriced?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Nickology

Slothology. I just need someone to photoshop a Shakeology glass in my sloth pic's hands... and a catchy slogan.

49454167_5267.jpg
    Slothology.... all the nutrients a sloth needs, in one glass. Made with real buds, shoots and leaves....
    Slothology. Eat like a SLOTH !

Genius!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Nickology

Slothology. I just need someone to photoshop a Shakeology glass in my sloth pic's hands... and a catchy slogan.

49454167_5267.jpg
    Slothology.... all the nutrients a sloth needs, in one glass. Made with real buds, shoots and leaves....
    Slothology. Eat like a SLOTH !

Genius!

The genius was stealing the idea from Nick, and Ldrosophila.

dr_evil.jpg
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't care if it is the best thing on earth, the tactics some of the coaches use were enough for me to write off the whole beachbody empire. I had to block coaches that just would not stop trying to push their product. I for one lost weight without paying a penny to beachbody. If people want to pay out the butt for it, more power to em, but you don't NEED it to lose or get healthy.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    bump!

Really great topic.

There is BB coach on here that host challenge groups but you have to buy ShakeO to join. To me that goes against everything she claims. She claims to wanna help people get in shape and be healthier. In my opinion my finances are apart of my overall health status.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    bump!

Really great topic.

There is BB coach on here that host challenge groups but you have to buy ShakeO to join. To me that goes against everything she claims. She claims to wanna help people get in shape and be healthier. In my opinion my finances are apart of my overall health status.
    That is a pet peeve of mine too. There are many wonderful challenges on here, ran by helpful and experienced people who 'want to help people get in shape and be healthier' but who will never try and sell you anything.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I'd honestly ask why buy any of them at all. Sure a nice protein powder when you can't be arsed to make food but then good quality foods will contain all the macros and micro-nutrients you need.

Seems people have a mind set stuck on supps. Buy them to supplement your diet, not make it up.

And all this body by vi and so on is a joke. Cheap protein being sold as high quality and better than others? Soy is cheap, and easy to flavour etc. They are laughing all the way to the bank on that one...
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    bump!

Really great topic.

There are a LOT of BB coaches on here who push selling their crap under the guise of "hosting challenges" to help people. They're just trying to help their pocketbooks. It's not like it sells itself - most people think it's pretty gross unless you add a ton of other ingredients to it - making it even MORE expensive!
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    bump!

Really great topic.

Report 'em all. Let the Mods sort 'em out.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I personally love the chocolate flavored Shakeology blended with my morning coffee! For me I was spending $6 on Starbucks every morning and it wasn't good for me. I have tried other things and Shakeology works for me. Just my opinion though :smile:
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    There are coaches who claim that Shakeology cures clinical depression, also heard of coaches that have claimed it has helped MS sufferers get off medication!!! Outrageous!!! This is the danger of this kind of MLM in the personal health arena. People with little education given the title of "coach" can really harm people. Especially desperate people looking for ANY kind of help. When you abuse your "position" and claim being "knowledgeable" above everyone else in order to line your wallet, there is a problem. The people being harmed by these coaches outrageous claims are the ones who need REAL help and REAL advice the most.
  • Pink_Saki
    Options
    So i'll say this ahead of time.. it's REALLY feaking hard to find an accurate unbiased review of shakeology that isn't likely from a BB coach.

So this my my experience thus far. One of the girls i used to work with used to be a size 15 and now she's a she's a size 2! I saw her recently with her new body and was in shock of how much weight she lost. I asked her what the hell she did to lose that much weight and she swore up and down by shakeology. She was telling me that she spent the last year doing Beach Bodies and because of her success she became a coach. So there is that. All though she did tell me honestly the best thing to do was order Shakeology and nevermind the rest of the programs they offer on there.. i ended up believing her because i mean, i literally saw her shrink to half her size. I'm a month and a half into shakeology. The first 2 weeks i didn't have any noticeable results.. but granted i also wasn't working out as much with it. My boyfriend wants to KILL ME after finding out how much i spent on it, and i meant to cancel the subscription but the second package came in before i could. Either way after those first 2 weeks i was determined to lose weight since i'd spent so much money on this, so i really cut down on what i eat, i almost completely cut carbs out of my diet (absolutely no rice!) and started drinking a lot more water, and working out at the gym about 3 - 4 days a week for about 45 mins - an hour a day. I have lost 7 pounds now since i started, but i can't tell if it's from shakeology or the fact that i've been changing my eating habits and working out more. The first two weeks made me biased of whether it really works. As far as health goes, i do feel like i generally have a little bit more energy but nothing compared to having some kind of pre-workout supplement. I'll keep you guys posted when i finish my second bag, i've already cancelled my subscription and going to try this leanshake from GNC which has just as many good reviews and is a LOT cheaper.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later. Thanks
  • Pink_Saki
    Options
    Also i forgot to mention the one and only noticeable difference with taking Shakeology is my sugar craving have completely disappeared! I swear i couldn't pass up at least one chocolate bar a week, and since i've been drinking this.. i can honestly say if you handed me candy right now i probably wouldn't eat it..
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump for days!
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    Also i forgot to mention the one and only noticeable difference with taking Shakeology is my sugar craving have completely disappeared! I swear i couldn't pass up at least one chocolate bar a week, and since i've been drinking this.. i can honestly say if you handed me candy right now i probably wouldn't eat it..

Even from this guy?

1459-1.jpg
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    So i'll say this ahead of time.. it's REALLY feaking hard to find an accurate unbiased review of shakeology that isn't likely from a BB coach.

So this my my experience thus far. One of the girls i used to work with used to be a size 15 and now she's a she's a size 2! I saw her recently with her new body and was in shock of how much weight she lost. I asked her what the hell she did to lose that much weight and she swore up and down by shakeology. She was telling me that she spent the last year doing Beach Bodies and because of her success she became a coach. So there is that. All though she did tell me honestly the best thing to do was order Shakeology and nevermind the rest of the programs they offer on there.. i ended up believing her because i mean, i literally saw her shrink to half her size. I'm a month and a half into shakeology. The first 2 weeks i didn't have any noticeable results.. but granted i also wasn't working out as much with it. My boyfriend wants to KILL ME after finding out how much i spent on it, and i meant to cancel the subscription but the second package came in before i could. Either way after those first 2 weeks i was determined to lose weight since i'd spent so much money on this, so i really cut down on what i eat, i almost completely cut carbs out of my diet (absolutely no rice!) and started drinking a lot more water, and working out at the gym about 3 - 4 days a week for about 45 mins - an hour a day. I have lost 7 pounds now since i started, but i can't tell if it's from shakeology or the fact that i've been changing my eating habits and working out more. The first two weeks made me biased of whether it really works. As far as health goes, i do feel like i generally have a little bit more energy but nothing compared to having some kind of pre-workout supplement. I'll keep you guys posted when i finish my second bag, i've already cancelled my subscription and going to try this leanshake from GNC which has just as many good reviews and is a LOT cheaper.
    You have more energy because you're working out.

You've lost weight because you're eating at a calorie deficit.

Shakeology is a waste of your money. But it's your money to waste, so y'know.
  • Stephsco
    Stephsco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Old topic, but I found this through a google search. Thank you to the OP who posted comparable brands, and for the many others discussing this openly. I am currently testing out Shakeology, but I am no stranger to protein powders, fitness, and eating whole foods. I just can't stomach re-upping Shakeo for the price. I'm willing to invest in my health but I am also a comparative shopper. So thank you everyone here for adding more information in my search.