MFP pet peeves.....go on, you KNOW you have one!

Options

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    People that clutter up the news feed with facebook/twitter type babble making SUPPORTING my MFP friends that much harder as I have to weed through all the blah-de-blah-blah to get to the food and exercise posts!

Edited to add - yes sometimes I babble about something but not 10 times a day :)

The opposite of this -- I want to know a little more about you than what you ate and how much you worked out! Not a pet peeve, so much as a preference :-)

This. I'm interested in Dude lost 1lb, but I'm more interested in: Dude just started a new weight lifting routine and is doing great! Or Dude found a way to cut (xyz terrible thing) out of his diet! or Dude wants to know what his friends have done to reduce (sodium/fat/carbs/whatever) or Dude's NSVs. Or even Dude needs help resisting the gigantic cake sitting near his desk!

These are real interactions with MFP friends and much more meaningful to me.

My peeve is: People using the site feed as a circle jerk; not even reading diaries or looking at the exercises. Don't tell someone "Great healthy plan!" when they had 900 calories of twinkies and 400 calories of soda and were "Under."

The above is why I keep my friend's list short. I like reading diaries, and looking at exercises, and I appreciate like minded people.

(heh - yes, i find how long this quote is getting pretty funny)

I completely agree with the circle jerk "support". I refuse to say a damned thing about a diary until i read it. And then I <shocker> give tips on what i see.

My left turn signal is out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I might come off a bit snarky in this, and I do find it flattering, too, but when you have an open food diary (but I'm on a hiatus from logging at the moment) tons info in your profile about how you lost weight, tons of info in your blog about how you lost weight, and tons of info in a thread about how you lost weight, and someone sends you a message asking, "How did you do it?!"

Honestly, the specific details of how I lost weight might not apply to everyone, but the basic premise will: Trial and error. Try different things until you find what works best for you. Happy with your progress? Keep at it. Not working? Try something else.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve with MFP posters is those who have to quote the LONGEST post in the thread, making that thread a gazillion pages long..........really? We get the point........just quote a bit, we've all read the previous post, we GET it.

(or is this just me?)

lol.

Mine too

Totally annoying...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    People that outright ignore advice even though it's the most correct. Then proceed to take some other advice because it's "easier".
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    One of the gals on my newsfeed posts things like "walked for 3 minutes..........6 calories".

really? REALLY????

I called her out on it, but she still does it.

Why don't you do everyone a favor and just delete her.

lol.........cuz she's really a nice gal, just a little misguided. I'm thinkin' I should beat the crap out of her, but that might be a bit extreme.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My MFP pet peeve is people who like to talk crap about others on their friends list behind their backs :) What a great friend you are really.

I salute you.
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know it i very important to drink water but.....mfp is a total water pimp. Meeting my goals is stressful enough without all of this water propaganda ! (i don't really think its propaganda)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    One of the gals on my newsfeed posts things like "walked for 3 minutes..........6 calories".

really? REALLY????

I called her out on it, but she still does it.

Why don't you do everyone a favor and just delete her.

lol.........cuz she's really a nice gal, just a little misguided. I'm thinkin' I should beat the crap out of her, but that might be a bit extreme.

Wow, you're really being super supportive and helpful to her. I bet she's so glad you're her MFP friend.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    "I lost 50 lbs in 2 weeks on the HCG diet!"

"OMG I ate a cookie! I feel soooo bad!"

"Why are we talking about this on a FITNESS site?" (In a topic under "Chit-chat, fun, and games")

"I can't lift weights because I'm a girl and don't want to get bulky"
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    The spelling police on MFP - get over it - there are much worse things in life than spelling - english is my second language - the day you can write / spell as well as I can in a second language you might have "earned" the right to criticise my spelling (and grammar, which I know is shocking!!) And horror - I use punctuation all wrong - all those ....., !!!! and smiley faces - I must really be driving you bonkers!! bwah haa haa.....

What gets me is misinformation..... after 3 days of exercising: "you are building muscle", or "you are retaining water"
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    Oh, shut up.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Mine come in a used corona bottle with a cork and a rosary. That's good - right?!?!

Oh heavens yes.

More:

-It's a fitness site. If you're uncomfortable with images of the human body you're in the wrong place.

-The fact that telling someone there's only one O in "lose" is considered attacking them and will get you reported.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    -Hi! I'm eating 200 calories a day and taking unnamed Mexican weightloss pills I get in a brown paper baggie, what do you think?

-That sounds very dangerous.

-PEOPLE HERE NEED TO LEARN TO BE MORE SUPPORTIVE! IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!

yep. basically this.

Mine come in a used corona bottle with a cork and a rosary. That's good - right?!?!

I know I'm pissing off the quote nazis (sorry) but I literally (parks and rec) lol'd on these. YES.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to make a pine cone bird feeder?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Being called a hater when someone asks for an opinion and I give the"wrong answer". You either want the truth or you want to be set up for a fail, which is it?
    People who can't spell exercise, it's written at the top of the page for you!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Options

Wow, you're really being super supportive and helpful to her. I bet she's so glad you're her MFP friend.

Yes, I'm sure she feels quite honored to be my friend.

Wouldn't you?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Oh, shut up.

You're one cranky lady.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    Oh, shut up.

You're one cranky lady.

sometimes.

Wanna fight about it?
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve with MFP posters is those who have to quote the LONGEST post in the thread, making that thread a gazillion pages long..........really? We get the point........just quote a bit, we've all read the previous post, we GET it.

(or is this just me?)

lol.

not just you.. this is mine too.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im busy taking notes so I know what pisses everyone off. Its good to have hoobies when youut trying to loose wait