MFP pet peeves.....go on, you KNOW you have one!

Options

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    OP - are you trying to be funny?

no.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Arm wrestle?
    yes,please.

(I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!)
    Didn't you just violate your own pet peeve?
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I can't even follow this anymore. You smug, smug little quoters. :grumble:
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I can violate whatever I want to.

It's MY thread....................................

wanna arm wrestle?
  • Jhulet
    Jhulet Posts: 32
    Options
    Mine is how many people say they wanna "loose" weight instead of "lose" weight.

^^ This...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ya know, Miss Fear and Loathing, I think you're showing WAYYY too much cleavage, and you have a smartass answer for everything.

I might have to delete you.

Cleveage is great I can not even remeber the last time I paid for a drink. If it makes you feel better you can add me an then delete me
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I can't even follow this anymore. You smug, smug little quoters. :grumble:

Aren't they annoying as hell?

Want to help me arm wrestle 'em???
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    People that clutter up the news feed with facebook/twitter type babble making SUPPORTING my MFP friends that much harder as I have to weed through all the blah-de-blah-blah to get to the food and exercise posts!

Edited to add - yes sometimes I babble about something but not 10 times a day :)

The opposite of this -- I want to know a little more about you than what you ate and how much you worked out! Not a pet peeve, so much as a preference :-)

This. I'm interested in Dude lost 1lb, but I'm more interested in: Dude just started a new weight lifting routine and is doing great! Or Dude found a way to cut (xyz terrible thing) out of his diet! or Dude wants to know what his friends have done to reduce (sodium/fat/carbs/whatever) or Dude's NSVs. Or even Dude needs help resisting the gigantic cake sitting near his desk!

These are real interactions with MFP friends and much more meaningful to me.

My peeve is: People using the site feed as a circle jerk; not even reading diaries or looking at the exercises. Don't tell someone "Great healthy plan!" when they had 900 calories of twinkies and 400 calories of soda and were "Under."

The above is why I keep my friend's list short. I like reading diaries, and looking at exercises, and I appreciate like minded people.

(heh - yes, i find how long this quote is getting pretty funny)

I completely agree with the circle jerk "support". I refuse to say a damned thing about a diary until i read it. And then I <shocker> give tips on what i see.

My left turn signal is out.

My daughter used the potty for the FIRST TIME!!!!! (3 years ago)

I just love the quote thingy is awesome

In fact it gves me warm fuzzies

You know i must be a pretty happy person because nothing bugs me
    The quote thing is interesting.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is that there hasn't been an original topic in the forum in at least 6 months.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Want to help me arm wrestle 'em???

I'm with ya. (See what I did there?)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    People who snivel and make excuses.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    People that clutter up the news feed with facebook/twitter type babble making SUPPORTING my MFP friends that much harder as I have to weed through all the blah-de-blah-blah to get to the food and exercise posts!

Edited to add - yes sometimes I babble about something but not 10 times a day :)

The opposite of this -- I want to know a little more about you than what you ate and how much you worked out! Not a pet peeve, so much as a preference :-)

This. I'm interested in Dude lost 1lb, but I'm more interested in: Dude just started a new weight lifting routine and is doing great! Or Dude found a way to cut (xyz terrible thing) out of his diet! or Dude wants to know what his friends have done to reduce (sodium/fat/carbs/whatever) or Dude's NSVs. Or even Dude needs help resisting the gigantic cake sitting near his desk!

These are real interactions with MFP friends and much more meaningful to me.

My peeve is: People using the site feed as a circle jerk; not even reading diaries or looking at the exercises. Don't tell someone "Great healthy plan!" when they had 900 calories of twinkies and 400 calories of soda and were "Under."

The above is why I keep my friend's list short. I like reading diaries, and looking at exercises, and I appreciate like minded people.

(heh - yes, i find how long this quote is getting pretty funny)

I completely agree with the circle jerk "support". I refuse to say a damned thing about a diary until i read it. And then I <shocker> give tips on what i see.

My left turn signal is out.

My daughter used the potty for the FIRST TIME!!!!! (3 years ago)

I just love the quote thingy is awesome

In fact it gves me warm fuzzies

You know i must be a pretty happy person because nothing bugs me

I'm pretty pleased that my response ended up in this mess.

I DoNT sEe WHy wE Can NooT AlL HaaPy PeRsOnS Be. LiFe Iz 2 SHorT 4 ReAlz
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Who wants to pet my peeve?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    OP - are you trying to be funny?
    no.
    Oh, OK. Makes sense now.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Not a pet peeve really, but I was a little disturbed by reading posts that sound like the member is having trouble that's really an eating disorder. Like someone wanting to lose weight, when they already appear to be close to underweight for their height, or someone else saying they used imported, unnamed diet drugs for rapid weight loss.

Any opinions on this? Just curious? Do you stay out of it, or comment?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    sometimes.

Wanna fight about it?

I like this broad.

Everybody wave to the mods as they lock us down! :drinker:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Who wants to pet my peeve?

Giggity.

Buy you and your cleavage a drink, baby?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Not a pet peeve really, but I was a little disturbed by reading posts that sound like the member is having trouble that's really an eating disorder. Like someone wanting to lose weight, when they already appear to be close to underweight for their height, or someone else saying they used imported, unnamed diet drugs for rapid weight loss.

Any opinions on this? Just curious? Do you stay out of it, or comment?
    I commented, and got jumped on as an unsupportive "hater". :noway:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Before and after pics with 20+ pictures. Do a before and an after...we get the idea.

People that comment on before and after pics and quote all the pictures in their post
  • progresseeker2311
    Options
    when ppl lie to THEMSELVES. "I'm so sick so i won't be working out today, or maybe not for the next two weeks until this cold goes away" What? I jogged just fine sick. EXCUSES!! If you don't feel like exercising, just don't say nothin'! lol