MFP pet peeves.....go on, you KNOW you have one!

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    seeing the same topics a million times a day, lol. :ohwell:

originally I was a bit mad:mad: at the snooty people commenting about using the search engine, but man they are on to something:noway: , I don't think I can stomach another post about being over on sugar for the day.

you know fruit sugar, its benefits and if bananas are too evil to eat:grumble: , haha. makes me mad :explode:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people want advice...and then they get it...but because it wasn't the advice they wanted to get, all of a sudden those people giving the advice are "mean spirited" and "haters" or whatever else.

Just because we disagree with you...just because we honestly answer your question with something other than sugar coated crap (oh hunny, it's ok if you ate more than the entire cow in one sitting, cause tomorrow you can just run an extra mile and don't worry about the fact that you eat Burger King 10 times a week...) doesn't mean we are being mean to you!!!

It means you asked a question and we answered it. If we were being mean to you, we would have not answered you at all.

Why ask a question if you don't even want the answer?

Absolutely 100% this. I get completely infuriated by people leaping into a personal attack on anyone who disagrees with them. That's not debating, it's just boring.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    sometimes.

Wanna fight about it?

I like this broad.

Everybody wave to the mods as they lock us down! :drinker:

b0231.gif
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    People who snivel and make excuses.

People whose ego has its own gravitational pull.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Daily: anything that has to do with the HGC diet.
    Today: the lady who thought she could burn 900 calories sitting in a sauna.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mine is the "fitness police" who troll the forums and think they know everything.... they know what worked for them, not for everyone. Yes, I find it awesome to hear their stories, but no I don't need to read a post with 50 people jumping on one person who asks about a cleanse or something that isn't the "fitness police" preferred method of losing weight!

Edited for typos - I'm horrible at that! haha

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:grumble:
  • vmendoza18
    vmendoza18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    People who always keep saying they are gonna get back on track and then they disappear for days or weeks and come back. Then they say the same thing again yada yada and they they don't log in again, lol. Same story with some people. Or excuse after excuse!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    One of the gals on my newsfeed posts things like "walked for 3 minutes..........6 calories".

really? REALLY????

I called her out on it, but she still does it.

If it annoys you or upsets, just remove her. Simple.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    When I send PMs to guys and they're all like "I can't do this - you're married - this is wrong" Shaddup and send me some T&A shots.

^^This! This happens to me all the time and it is maddening.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the loose / lose thing - been annoying me for years!

Also, people posting replies saying they can't answer... Why post anything at all?!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I can violate whatever I want to.

It's MY thread....................................

wanna arm wrestle?

:heart: this.

Response to the OP...

I am kind of a spelling freak - but I don't usually post about it.

The long quotes - yah - they are a little bothersome... that scroll finger gets tired after a while.

Being deleted from a friend list for no apparent reason used to bother me - but now I could give a @#$%. (***Waving at the people that used to have me on their list. :flowerforyou: )
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Who wants to pet my peeve?

Giggity.

Buy you and your cleavage a drink, baby?

I'll take a vodka lemonade,my clevage wants a shot of jager
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the loose / lose thing - been annoying me for years!

Also, people posting replies saying they can't answer... Why post anything at all?!

Im sorry I dont know so I cant really answer this question
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've got one!

OP
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    " I haven't eaten anything in a year and I can't lose weight"! Yea right, haven't eaten anything good for you.

Tell me what to eat but I don't like meat, fish, fruit or veggies. I only eat Pizza and Chicken fingers.

Or The GREAT CARB DEBATE!, everytime someone asks a question.

Or the post that is so long you can't finish it.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The people who get upset/complain about not losing weight in like a few days time or a week. Come on.

Also I agree with people spelling lose like loose. lol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Mine is the "fitness police" who troll the forums and think they know everything.... they know what worked for them, not for everyone. Yes, I find it awesome to hear their stories, but no I don't need to read a post with 50 people jumping on one person who asks about a cleanse or something that isn't the "fitness police" preferred method of losing weight!
    Now, remember... they are posing questions to the public forum. Why would anyone not expect to receive some different opinions?

Many members are kind enough to provide reputable and accurate information -- not anecdotal personal information -- to answer other member's questions. You may be assuming that they are providing info for something that worked for them, but many times, it's reputable, helpful info -- not anecdotal.

You may call them "fitness police". I call them "mythbusters" that are out there, trying to help others with accurate information.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Daily: anything that has to do with the HGC diet.
    Today: the lady who thought she could burn 900 calories sitting in a sauna.

LMFAO:laugh:
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Who wants to pet my peeve?

Yes. What do I get in return?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The idea that it's a problem that we don't all agree with each other or share the same tastes.