Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    i laugh hysterically when i see people dressed up like food. in person or on TV.

Especially if it is a dachshund dressed as a hot dog.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    :wink:
    when and if i eat m&m's, i have to eat them is some kind of color order - usually browns first, then red's, blue's, yellow's, green's, then orange. sometimes the blue and yellow are flip flopped. does that make me crazy??? :noway:

I do this as well with my skittles but I use the order of the rainbow...red orange yellow green blue indigo violet...ROY G BIV never fails!

Does that make me crazy? Or just nerdy?

I always eat them in color groups too! Skittles, starburst, M & Ms (not that I've had much of any of them recently)

thats just DISGUSTING...

I do the same thing... and I arrange them in a triangle like bowling pins and bowl them over while I eat them... :wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    when and if i eat m&m's, i have to eat them is some kind of color order - usually browns first, then red's, blue's, yellow's, green's, then orange. sometimes the blue and yellow are flip flopped. does that make me crazy??? :noway:

I do this as well with my skittles but I use the order of the rainbow...red orange yellow green blue indigo violet...ROY G BIV never fails!

Does that make me crazy? Or just nerdy?

I always eat them in color groups too! Skittles, starburst, M & Ms (not that I've had much of any of them recently)

thats just DISGUSTING...

I do the same thing... and I arrange them in a triangle like bowling pins and bowl them over while I eat them... :wink:

you are a silly silly boy :flowerforyou: now you have a flower.
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    All of you are nuts!
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    I eat all the folded chips first (when I used to eat chips!)
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I can pick the exact and only flaws out of anything within a matter of seconds. This is amazingly helpful, yet incredibly annoying because you can never really truly enjoy anything.
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

AWWWWWW Nicest thing anyone has said to me yet today :wink:

Thank you! :heart: :flowerforyou: for you!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

AWWWWWW Nicest thing anyone has said to me yet today :wink:

Thank you! :heart: :flowerforyou: for you!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched:

that was yesterday, sooooo today i will say you are a cutie too! :love:
    hehe :laugh:
  • brandyjan
    brandyjan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can pick the exact and only flaws out of anything within a matter of seconds. This is amazingly helpful, yet incredibly annoying because you can never really truly enjoy anything.

No not crazy...just perceptive...

Now, I can't stand feet and must always wear socks. I can't breathe when my hubby (who has decent feet) puts his feet on me.

Is this a phobia..or am I crazy?:tongue:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    All of you are nuts!

I'm not sure any of us are in a place to judge each other. It seems like the patients are running the asylum around here. :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    All of you are nuts!

I'm not sure any of us are in a place to judge each other. It seems like the patients are running the asylum around here. :laugh:

in this Asylum youre either against us or with us... which is it?oh Just to be fair the Doctors and nurses are locked in the guard tower... tied up and what not... so I would choose your words carefully...

:)
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

No not crazy...just perceptive...

Now, I can't stand feet and must always wear socks. I can't breathe when my hubby (who has decent feet) puts his feet on me.

Is this a phobia..or am I crazy?:tongue:

Too funny! My sister-in-law jumps and shrieks if anyones bare feet touch her. Anyone except her baby. My Hubby loves to torture her. We'll be playing Texas Hold'em and suddenly she shrieks and cards go flying everywhere. We all know. Her touched her with his feet. Strangest thing I've ever seen.:laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I can't stand for my hubby to hold my hand really tight! I start feeling chlosterphobic (msp)
    I also hate having the blood pressure cuff on at the doctor's office, I start feeling like they will never be able to turn it off or take it off and it will just squeeze my arm off!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I'm totally whacko!!!!

I've always been afraid of being locked in a public restroom and not being able to get out. I know they lock from the inside but what if the lock/knob broke and no one could hear my screams.???????????
    I know, I'm a nutcase!

Memaw

......heads to the shrink! LOL
  • Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can't smell left over food....if I do it makes me throw up. So...if I dare to keep left overs and take them out to re-heat...I have to hold my breath till the microwave door is closed!

And sometimes...I still can't eat it and throw it away....Does that make me crazy!?
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    i can only put notes/paper money in my wallet when they are all facing the same way!

-I was this way for a long time after working at a grocery store, but now I mainly use plastic so it isn't an issue.
    Im getting better with this but no food on my plate can touch at all.
    I have to have it in its own little section.

-I prefer none of my food to touch each other, but I'm not psycho about it... I still don't like it, though.
    If I walk by a microwave and there is "time" left on it...I have to clear it out so the clock comes back up.

-Always. I always do this.
    When I workout I have to use the short socks. I can't stand the athletic socks that go up your calf.

-ditto. In fact, I can't stand to wear tall socks pretty much ever.
    I'm scared to walk in front of a microwave while it's on.

-Me too, sort of. I still do it, but I'm very aware of it when I am, because I'm afraid that the microwaves are "getting" me.
    candles make me anxious and i can only burn them for 30-45 minutes before blowing them out. afraid something is going to catch on fire!

-I don't ever go away when a candle is lit, because I'm afraid of it. That one may have to do with the housefire we had when I was 16. We lost our entire house--it was unsalvagable.
    I have to have the toilet paper over not under!!!

-This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! I hate the TP rolled UNDER!!
    I organize my M&M's by color and qty before eating them, then I eat them by evening out the ones that I have more of. When every color is equal, I eat 1 of each color until I only have 1 of each color left. Then I eat them by size, smallest to largest... wow, that's a lot of work, just to eat a handful of M&M's!

-This is -PRECISELY- how I eat mine, too!
    I go crazy if I leave the closet door open just a little bit and find that I have to go back to fully close it.

-Me too, and I am very annoyed with myself if I go into my kids' rooms and find either of their closets left a crack open (because I'm the only one that ever goes into them, so it had to be ME).
    I can't stand to wear a stitch to bed, I can't sleep if I do.

Me neither... I hate it when I HAVE to (like staying with people or whatever)
    I absolutely cannot stand to be yelled at in any way shape or form.

-Ditto. I hate being reprimanded in any way. I can take criticism, but not being reprimanded.
    I kind of do this with a reeses cup! I eat the edges first and then I eat the middle!

-Same here.
    also I have to wash my hair first in the shower because if i wash my body and then wash my hair the dirty water from my hair rolls down my body... kinda defeats the purpous...

-Yep
    also I enjoy backing into my space at work so i can have a quick get-a-way when its time to go home...

-I do what we call "The coveted pull-through" in my family, at every chance I get... Where you pull into a parking space and there's one across from it, so that you're facing out and can pull out quickly instead of having to back out.
    I hate toilet paper being dispensed under instead of over
    I have been known to correct this issue in homes where I am a guest
    Does THAT make me crazy??

-I have also done this.
    Whenever I watch the TV Show FRIENDS. I always always always have to clap at the appropriate time during the theme song. No matter what I'm doing.

-Yes, me too.
    I can't stand for the shower curtain to be pulled back ! I like then entire thing stretched open ALL the way!

-Me too. The boogeyman hides in there when it's closed, you know!
    If I'm walking by the kitchen at work and see a cabinet open I have to go in a shut it. I can't stand to see them left open.

-I can't stand any cabinets to be left open, but I do find that sometimes, I've left them open after I go out of the kitchen. THAT makes me nuts.
    When I go shopping, especially for stuff for myself, I will have a lot of stuff in the basket and I always add up how much I spend as I go along. Then as I get closer to the check out counter, I start putting things back, thinking I could use the money for something else or I really don't need that particular item. So by the time I get to the check out counter I only have one or 2 items left or sometimes I have left empty handed!

-Yes, I do this, too. I have guilt over buying anything for myself, so that's always the first to go out of the basket....

In addition to all of this craziness:

-I have an extreme phobia of disease. I have a crazy obsession with every single tiny "symptom" that I have, even "imagined". In stark contrast to this, I also have a phobia of going to the doctor for daignoses, so I will never know if what I have is an actual disease (as I imagine it to be). In contrast to all of this, I haven't (until recently) made very healthy food choices, with the knowledge that I'm creeping ever closer to diabetes (my father and his mother have/had it, and I had gestational diabetes), and could be steering myself towards heart disease.

-I'm not afraid of bees. I know this seems weird, but most people are at least afraid of them to a degree. I really don't worry about being stung. In fact, I was once at work and a woman came in from outdoors, and she had a bee crawling on her shirt. She had the personality type (flighty), that I figured she probably would freak if she knew, so I gently leaned towards her and cupped the bee in my hand and took it outside. When she asked me what I did on my way out, she FLIPPED because a bee had been on her.

-I'm a people-pleaser to the nth degree. If I can do anything for ANYONE, I will go out of my way to do so. I also have trouble understanding why other people aren't like that. I have come to logically understand that I'm more "empathic" than most people, but it's difficult for me to see anyone be less-than sympathetic, or even cruel.

-I cry at sappy commercials

-I love little dogs (that are well-behaved), but in general I can't stand big dogs unless they are VERY well behaved.

-I'm obsessed with feeling for lumps in my neck, but terrified of checking my breasts for lumps.

-I rationalize the toilet seat being in the DOWN position ALL the time (unless a male is in the process of urinating into the toilet) because men sit down sometimes to go, but women never stand up.

-I'm Buddhist, but I'm skeptical about inter-lifetime karma... meaning I have trouble believing that someone who has a difficult life (such as a child who is beaten, etc.) is just getting the balance of the universe from when they were in a past life and abusive to others.

-I don't believe anything in the gossip magazines, but I do enjoy reading the headlines of them while I stand in line at the grocery store.

... I'll see if I can come up with any other weirdies about me....
  • tabchanges
    Options
    I can't stand for my hubby to hold my hand really tight! I start feeling chlosterphobic (msp)
    I also hate having the blood pressure cuff on at the doctor's office, I start feeling like they will never be able to turn it off or take it off and it will just squeeze my arm off!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I'm totally whacko!!!!

I'm the opposite. I love the feeling of the arm pressure thing at the doctor! haha So I think that makes ME crazy! :laugh:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    In pubic if I hear a child being defiant or disrespectful to their mother :cry: I try to hold in my thoughts but if they stay around me long enough I will speak up and say something to them in support to their mom. :happy: I know it is not any of my business but I have zero tolerance for disrespect. Does this make me not normal?
  • sumavv
    sumavv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here's one.. I work @night..so when I come home in the morning..I switch from my work shoes into my fluffy shoes and put on a sweater..just like Mr.Roger's (from Mr.Roger's neighborhood):bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    In pubic if I hear a child being defiant or disrespectful to their mother :cry: I try to hold in my thoughts but if they stay around me long enough I will speak up and say something to them in support to their mom. :happy: I know it is not any of my business but I have zero tolerance for disrespect. Does this make me not normal?

You must be from Texas, because my dad does the same thing-and I love him for it!!

I hate it when my husband wears socks to bed. It really creeps me out when he accidentally touches me with them... But I don't mind his feet in general.:blushing:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Here's one.. I work @night..so when I come home in the morning..I switch from my work shoes into my fluffy shoes and put on a sweater..just like Mr.Roger's (from Mr.Roger's neighborhood):bigsmile:

:laugh: