What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am finally reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and it is fantastic.

It is fantastic! But it took me a week to read and in that week, I had terrible nightmares every night that woke me up and kept me awake, so I slept about two hours a night. No one else had that reaction, though. I had to stop reading books and watching movies that even mention the Holocaust or I was never going to sleep again! lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Catching Fire (second book in the Hungers Games trilogy). I am obsessed.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the first book in The Hunger Games series, and also A Song of Ice and Fire (first in the Game of Thrones series).

I just finished grad school in October so my present to myself was a Nook and I am soooo thrilled to not only have time to read again, but to be able to read fun stuff again instead of textbooks is great!
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Arthritis Cure" by Dr. Jason Theodosakis. Hoping to find some helpful hints that will make exercise easier.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Steven King's novel 11/22/63....I just finished it last night. This has been my favorite book by far. It's not the normal blood, gore...etc that you relate to King like I did (Pet Cemetery, Carrie, The Stand) I would recommend it to everyone.

Definitely my favorite King book!

Agreed
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    sophie kinsella - remember me, all her books r fab:smile:
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    right now, im reading pride and prejudice again. then it will be "the Help" followed by Romeo and Juliet and poetry by tennyson.
  • hottiemommie
    hottiemommie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished Legend by Marie Lu. It was a fantastic book! I loved the characters and I am very much hoping for a sequel. I have not read The Hunger Games, but people have been comparing Legend to it, saying that if you love The Hunger Games, you'll love, love, love Legend. Definitely check it out!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Finally finished up "The Gulag" by Anne Applebaum and "The Rhythm of Life" by Matthew Kelly. Both excellent.
    Also reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel and "Effective TaeKwon-Do Sparring" by Master Jim Hogan and James Home.

Next books I plan to read in the coming weeks:
    "First Marathons" by Gail Waesche Kislevitz
    "Once a Runner" by John L. Parker, Jr.
    "The Long Run" by Matt Long
    "Mother Angelica" by Raymond Arroyo
    "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time is such a good book. I read it in high school, about 300 times...I'll have to look that one up on Amazon!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I just finished Perfect not to long ago, I'd like to read Looking for Alaska again..
    I have a few books I need to get..
    I start a series then forget them :P
  • hebbsgrrl
    hebbsgrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    im in the middle of another V.C andrews book
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir. I've read The Six Wives of Henry VIII about 4 times, so I thought I would give another of her books a go. I love reading about the Tudors, Stuarts, ect.

Love all HP novels.

The series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin is my favorite of all time. Re-read the whole series last year (quite a feat) in anticipation of the 5th book, which came out last year. Really hope we don't have to wait so long for the next book. I had finally learned to be patient and the show came out and nearly made me crazy wanting the next book! :laugh:

Edit to add: I also love Stephen King's older stuff. The first "real" book I ever read was The Eyes of the Dragon when I was in 3rd grade. (yes, I was 9 years old!) Pretty sure that's where my obsession with castles, kings, queens, dragons, and just fantasy in general really began. Not with fairy tales, lol! It's still my fave King book.

I keep thinking of new things to say, so I guess I'll just stop. I could go on about books all night. :love:
  • lindsayb0422
    Options
    If you like kids fantasy you should definitely try the Hunger Games Trilogy. Best young adult books writtenin ages, seriously. Beautiful.

I agree! The Hunger Games series is AMAZING!!!! Read the first book in 4 hours....Could not put it down!
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm starting "The Last Lecture" today.
    That is by far one of the best books I have ever read.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Reading the last book of the Game of Thrones series.

I am on book 4 of the A Song of Fire and Ice series...however, I do have a question, how can you be on the last book if he hasn't even written it yet? I believe there are supposed to be 7 books and he just released the 5th book? I was just wondering! Didn't mean to sound rude or anything:flowerforyou:

I've heard so many good things about Game of Thrones. Is the TV series better than the book?

TV series isn't better but the TV series is excellent.

I agree, it's definitely NOT better than the books, but it is still spectacular. It may be the best-cast book-to-series I've ever seen. Some absolutely fabulous acting, as well.

I watched one episode of Game of Thrones, and had nightmares for weeks. Way too violent for me.

Haha, whaaaa? :huh: It's violent for sure, but nightmares for WEEKS?
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Book Thief" and "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". Up - next "The Girl Who Played With Fire"
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Steven King - Under the Dome
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the complete collection of the wizard of oz. by Baum l. Frank don't really know how many books there are as it is on my e-reader .but in at least on book 7 or 8 book. very interesting

cookikim, I've wanted to read the collection and just never got around to it. Thanks for the reminder! :smile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    "Being Peace" by Thich Haht Nahn

:heart: