Men...Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?

Options

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Myself, my SO supports me and is proud because of that.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You have discovered the species Doucheus Maximus Simpleton, a common predator in the gym apex. Doucheus Maximus Simpleton often perform mating rituals that include beating their chest, hooting, frost tipping their hair, and winking at themselves in the mirror. To keep a respectable rank amongst the other Doucheus Maximus that may dwell within the gym apex, they will engage in an act scientists have labeled "douchery".

The higher the social rank of Doucheus Maximus, the more acts of douchery they will commit, which seems to attract the female doucheus minoritis species and allow them to perform coitus upon them.

Bahahahaha!!!! LOVE it!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    Immature boys do that. Men don't do that; point blank.
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    Me personally? No one but myself and the people I love. I have reached a stage in my life were I honestly don't care what people other than that think of me.

The behaviour you describe however isn't a facet of being a man more than it is a measure of being immature or unsure of yourself. Only under confident people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel or look better.

I will have to agree with this. The guy was a chump and an idiot who couldn't handle a real woman. Just keep doing your work and ignore the boys. The men will make them selves known if they are interested, if not then just keep going and don't let those boys get to you :)
    I too agree!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't paint all non-gay men with the same brush. I'm not into all that macho bull**** and all my lady friends seem to really think I'm just awesome. Sorry you are having such a hard time.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    Myself, my SO supports me and is proud because of that.

I'm the SO and I can vouch for this. He's awesome to me when it's just he and I, yet he talks to me openly around his friends and family and I see no change. That's how it should be.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've known a LOT of men in my life. Well, I've met a lot of males, and I have to say the majority of them are this way it seems sadly. It really angers me, because I'm NOT one of those girls who will back off. I will say something. It's not even an age thing, like something just a teenager would do. I've seen middle-aged men do it too. Now I know not all men are like this (else I'm sure the human race would've died off by now), but come on...why so many? What does that really get them? Have we women really built a reputation that says "disrespect me, I'm good with it"?

For the most part, yes, you have. Along with dating *kitten* and not nicer guys.

Sucks for you.

Good for my gf, cause I'm not an *kitten* :)
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Shouldn't paint all non-gay men with the same brush. I'm not into all that macho bull**** and all my lady friends seem to really think I'm just awesome. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

I've said it a few times but I'll say it again since this topic is so long. I'm not painting ALL guys (or even all non-gays) this way. :grumble: It's good that you are nice guy who has lady friends who think you're awesome :smile:
    I've known a LOT of men in my life. Well, I've met a lot of males, and I have to say the majority of them are this way it seems sadly. It really angers me, because I'm NOT one of those girls who will back off. I will say something. It's not even an age thing, like something just a teenager would do. I've seen middle-aged men do it too. Now I know not all men are like this (else I'm sure the human race would've died off by now), but come on...why so many? What does that really get them? Have we women really built a reputation that says "disrespect me, I'm good with it"?

For the most part, yes, you have. Along with dating *kitten* and not nicer guys.

Sucks for you.

Good for my gf, cause I'm not an *kitten* :)

I'll likely never understand that either. Why some women choose to be with a guy who treats them like crap. Or vice-versa. I'm aware it doesn't go one way. I mean, it's really their decision if they want to be treated like trash but personally, I don't understand it.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    So I was wondering...exactly who men are trying to impress? A woman gets a man alone, and he's sweet and listens and is (usually) not an *kitten*. Suddenly his male friends come up and it's a complete turn around. He acts like a jerk, treats a woman like some kind of toy that he's lost interest in, and does things on purpose to piss her off just so his guy friends can have a laugh at it. I see the same in the gym even. I was doing some weight training and a guy was talking to me, being supportive, and another guy passed by, asked him what he was up to, and he says "Just trying to get this woman past being pathetic." Pathetic? :explode: What ever happened to "You're doing great!"?? Now for those men who are not gay (and nothing against gays, just this doesn't apply to them), why is it that you seem to be trying to impress males more than females? To be frank and blunt, if it's us females you want to hook up with and make a good impression, shouldn't you at least wait to be an *kitten* until we're gone? So why do men do this? Who are you trying to impress?

"Men"? That was no man, that's a little boy being a jerk. Please do not lump all of us into the same category as him, some of us are secure in our masculinity and do not need to use insults to impress other men.
  • Vermilla
    Options
    So I was wondering...exactly who men are trying to impress? A woman gets a man alone, and he's sweet and listens and is (usually) not an *kitten*. Suddenly his male friends come up and it's a complete turn around. He acts like a jerk, treats a woman like some kind of toy that he's lost interest in, and does things on purpose to piss her off just so his guy friends can have a laugh at it. I see the same in the gym even. I was doing some weight training and a guy was talking to me, being supportive, and another guy passed by, asked him what he was up to, and he says "Just trying to get this woman past being pathetic." Pathetic? :explode: What ever happened to "You're doing great!"?? Now for those men who are not gay (and nothing against gays, just this doesn't apply to them), why is it that you seem to be trying to impress males more than females? To be frank and blunt, if it's us females you want to hook up with and make a good impression, shouldn't you at least wait to be an *kitten* until we're gone? So why do men do this? Who are you trying to impress?

"Men"? That was no man, that's a little boy being a jerk. Please do not lump all of us into the same category as him, some of us are secure in our masculinity and do not need to use insults to impress other men.

Okay, last time. I am NOT clumping every person who is of the male gender out there!!! Seriously, please read! :grumble:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Okay, last time. I am NOT clumping every person who is of the male gender out there!!! Seriously, please read! :grumble:

Well.. the title does say "Men... Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?"
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You addressed the thread to Men. All of them. And it's not like it's the first time many of us have heard this ****, when we've spent our lives trying to be decent people. It's annoying.
  • Vermilla
    Options
    Well, I thought putting the title as "Some men out there but not all men but just specifically the men of whom this topic would adhere to of whom are aware of it, but may or may not be reading this post and would likely respond negatively to it if they did anyway....just who exactly are you trying to impress" may be a bit long :laugh: Seriously, though, I've said quite a few times that I did not mean it to be EVERY man out there, yet people keep assuming that. There is no absolute.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are hanging around way too many boys. Real men don't do that.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Overgeneralize much?
  • Vermilla
    Options
    oops, firefox doubled my post up. Sorry. :blushing:
  • Vermilla
    Options
    Sounds like you are hanging around way too many boys. Real men don't do that.

Probably. Where I work, it's mostly females. It's just how it is. Most of the places I'm around guys are either at the store or at the gym. I AM NOT STEREOTYPING EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY GUY OUT THERE SINCE PEOPLE KEEP ASSUMING THAT I AM but it seems that the more mature men are the ones that one would meet at work.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    I will have to say, myself and most of my guy friends act the same being with the guys or as a couple . I really hate people that cant act natural around the wife, afraid to say or do what you normaly do with the guys . If you have to pretend your someone else I suggest you get your balls back from her purse and wear them proud !!
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't know why some men are like that, but I lost patience with it when I was still in my teens. Life's too short for that sort of nonsense. My husband is his same sweet self no matter who is in the room. And if I say "I love you", he says it back whether we're at home or he's in the middle of a board meeting. ;)
  • Vermilla
    Options
    I will have to say, myself and most of my guy friends act the same being with the guys or as a couple . I really hate people that cant act natural around the wife, afraid to say or do what you normaly do with the guys . If you have to pretend your someone else I suggest you get your balls back from her purse and wear them proud !!

IMO, guys shouldn't have to hide who they are around their wife, no, or girlfriend, or female friends, or whatever. Unless that guy (and not saying you, I'm saying if a guy is this way), is an *kitten* to their wife/girlfriend/female friend.
    I don't know why some men are like that, but I lost patience with it when I was still in my teens. Life's too short for that sort of nonsense. My husband is his same sweet self no matter who is in the room. And if I say "I love you", he says it back whether we're at home or he's in the middle of a board meeting. ;)

Aww, that's so sweet! :smile: